Thread: test and aging

lean1 is offline Junior Member

test and aging

before i was to purchase my test for my fist cycle I was told from a friend the test will speed up the aging process. I tried to do a research but to no avail. What do you guys think?

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator
    To quote a great line from American Flyers, "Sounds like bull shinto to me."

If anything, test could be construed as slowing down the aging process - at least according to the anti-aging medicine crowd.

In theory, test levels tend to become lower in men with aging, just as estrogen levels lessen as women age. That is why there is such a strong emphasis on testosterone replacement among HRT (hormone replacement therapy) advocates.

My take, if you do not have low test levels, is that test use will not impact aging one way or the other. If it impacted it either way, however, it would likely be favorable rather than unfavorable.

Nonetheless, unless you have low test levels, aging is neither a reason to use or not to use test. If you are young and have normal levels, it is more a non-factor than anything.

NoLimits is offline Member
    Thanks TNT; I was looking for an article that I read that stated just that. They say that the combination of Test and HGH could be the fountain of youth!

BE_STRONG is offline Senior Member
    must be slowing it down. I'm 35yrs old and in better shape than I was at 18.

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Ever hear of anti-aging medicine?

xxxl83

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by NoLimits
    I was looking for an article that I read that stated just that. They say that the combination of Test and HGH could be the fountain of youth!
    You have precisely touched on the central focus of the so-called anti-aging medicine movement for men - a combination of test and HGH.

I tend to be leery, however, of the anti-aging school of thinking for two reasons: First, all people age, and eventually they die. YOu may be able to postpone the effects of aging through healthy living and eating, exercise, etc., but you can't put it off forever. Second, the side effects of test are largely reversible; the side effects of HGH are not necessarily reversible.

The standard work in this field is a book called The Testosterone Syndrome, by Dr. Eugene Shippen & William Fryer (New York: M. Evans & Co., 1998); it's available in most major bookstores (I got my copy at Borders). Shippen has some interesting concepts but, in my opinion, some of his other concepts are off the wall. As a general rule, I have found that anything that sounds too much like hype is just that - hype - and Shippen seems to be full of it. Nonetheless, if you read his work discerningly, he has some interesting theories.

One of the other problems with much of anti-aging medicine is that it is not practiced by physicians, or that the physicians have only limited involvement with a patient's regimen. A few of our members, for example, have dealt with an anti-aging clinic in Florida in which a sales representative who is not a physician is constantly trying to get them on HGH and other prescription products. The anti-aging clinics also tend to push compounded testosterone (that is, test which is made by an individual pharmacy) rather than FDA-approved testosterone brands like Delatestryl (enanthate ) or Depo-Testosterone (cypionate ).

In short, some of the theories of anti-aging medicine show potential in making people healthier, but you should go into this area with both eyes open.

lean1 is offline Junior Member
    thanks guys ..... I thought so but wanted to make sure

Thread Information