OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member

Old Injury Flaring up...

Hey bros, need some advice on what to do? i had to have elbow surgery, ohhh id say 10 yrs ago maybe. Nerve damage the whole 9 yards. I have 120 stitch scar that runs from the top inside part of my bicep to 1 inch past the underneath part of my elbow. It hasnt bothered me at all till about a week ago. Im throwing up more weight now so its starting to friggin hurt!

It started with the top part of my forearm hurting and i felt like i was loosing some strength in it. Something like tennis elbow i guess. I took 3 days off from working out and when i started back on Sunday it felt somewhat better. Strength was back but top of my forearm and now the backside just above my elbow on the outside is starting to hurt.

My question is what should i do? Im not using any kind of elbow support, should i ? Should i stop working out for a bit (dont really want to) and see how it feels? Should i lighten up on the weight and work through it? What do my bros suggest? thxs!

OG

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    one word...Celebrex! it is the shit bro and very easy to obtain through a prescription. i have been having shoulder problems and it works like a charm...Lodine is also good but nothing like Celebrex...oh ya, Celebrex is an anti-inflamatory, so it doesn't fuck you up like painkillers...hell, i work out on the stuff and i feel great! make an appointment with your doc...

Thxs BR!! I have this stuff called Bextra. Ever heard of it? Do u think it would work instead of the Celebrex? Thxs bro!

Bextra is a member of the relatively new class of painkillers called COX-2 inhibitors. It is prescribed for the relief of osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and painful menstruation (dysmenorrhea).

COX-2 inhibitors are part of a larger group of medications called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). All the drugs in this category (including such familiar remedies as aspirin, Motrin, and Naprosyn) relieve pain and inflammation by limiting the effect of a natural enzyme called COX-2. Unlike the older NSAIDs, however, the new COX-2 inhibitors do not interfere with COX-1, a related enzyme that exerts a protective effect on the lining of the stomach. As a result, Bextra and other COX-2 inhibitors are less likely to cause the bleeding and ulcers that sometimes accompany sustained use of the older NSAIDs.

Alex Cross is offline New Member
    Oh man, VIOXX is the work of god! I tried Celebrex and everything else, didnt do shit. But I have been on Vioxx for a year, and am in the process of kicking the habit. Thing is, all of these anti-inflamatories are not great on your liver. I drink a shitload and if your on the sauce, I wouldnt recommend it.

Motrin is basically the same stuff too. Buy it and take 600-800 mgs and that will do the trick as well.....

A/C

not12say is offline New Member
    what caused the surgery or the pains 10 years ago? .... you may have re-injured an old wound or it may be an arthritic problem .... I mean if you had nerve damage due to a car wreck is one thing and damage due to exertion is another determining what steps to take .... if its arthritic an anti-inflamatory will work but if its re-injured other steps should be taken...

Hey bros, thxs for the responses! Well, it was a fighting injury. I landed on my elbow and broke it but the real problem and cause for the surgery was the nerve damage. I started loosing feeling in my fingers so they had to transpose my ulner nerve from under my elbow so it would heal.

The pain now is more in the muscles not the elbow itself. I took some of the Bextra i have and it feels a little better but its still bothering me. I heard Vioxx was good stuff also my dad takes it and he luvs it. Any other advice or suggestions is appreciated! thxs

OG

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    OG, not sure about Bextra bro...your doc will most likely give you some free samples of Celebrex if you ask him...like I said, I've only tried Lodine and Celebrex...Celebrex is the shit IMHO!

showtime is offline Junior Member
    i could be wrong but when i'm doing curls there is like a tendon being stretched and it is very painful to lift heavy weights, so i just lay off of bi's aroung a week and it fells better again

Thread Information