Lethalius is offline Junior Member

Just got back from the ER Bros...had a little accident.

I apparently blacked out at my softball game tonight. I remember coming back to the bench after an at bat, feeling short of breath.
    I remember coughing a couple times and then got real lightheaded as
    I sat down on the bench. When I came back to consciousness, I
    quickly found out that I had blacked out and hit my forehead on the concrete in the dugout. I didn't know wtf was going on because I could not see due to the blood in my eyes and I was in great pain.
    That freaked me out bigtime- I could hear my coach saying- "you are going to be okay- you are going to be okay" and I didn't even know what happened yet. Anyways, I had 3 lacerations and a concussion from the fall. 10 stitches on the top part of forehead and 2 more on a cut at the top of my nose. Kind of funny now, but my face looks like it was spit open with an axe and I am scared about scarring now.

I have to see my family doctor tomorrow and a cardiologist to make sure everything is okay.

When in the ambulance and at the hospital I did not tell them I was on AAS. You know how they ask you what medications you are taking, etc.

Today was day 18 of the following cycle:

Week 1-6: 50 mg Dianabol ED
    Week 1-11: 400 mg Deca per week (100mg/ml)
    Week 1-12: 500 mg test en per week (250mg/ml)

Week 14: 300 mg Clomid (1st day)
    100 mg Clomid (next 10 days)
    50 mg Clomid (last 17 days)

Looks like this may set me back a few days to a week or so out of the gym, which sucks ass because I was just feeling like my strength was going up and initial gains were occurring. As a note: I have felt those symptoms like I did tonight just before I passed out, and I have been diagnosed with exercise-induced asthma. But I have never passed out before and never used no inhaler. It really makes you think when you are sitting in the emergency room getting stitched up, how one can take their health and the ability to work out for granted.

Should I tell my doctor that I am on AAS tomorrow or not Bros?

Any thoughts, comments, or words of encouragement for me would be
    greatly appreciated.

Lethalius
    (the only things positive about tonight for me, was that I hit a grand slam in the first inning and my team won 16-6. My injury occurred in either the 2nd or the 3rd inning- not sure).

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    yes, tell your doc! you can never be too careful and the doctor will not and cannot report you to the police or tell anyone for that matter...it's called the hypocratic oath bro...i hope you feel better..keep us updated

Thanks Big Rush...

I have some lortab for pain to get me through the next 24 hrs.
    I don't know what my doctor is going to say to me- I really want to do
    this cycle and get the results.

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    I would tell the doc. But as blacking out, I get like that after doing heavy deadlifts and squats. I just sit down for a few mins then im alright, but then right after the next set im back to the same way.

Here is a tough question to answer and I am afraid of the answer.
    What if your doctor advises you to stop the AAS? lol.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    In your particular case I think it would be a good idea to tell your doc however I think you should know this. In the US there is a central computer database that is used by insurance companies to track medical histories called the MIB or Medical Information Bureau. Also, you probably be asked to sign a wavier giving the Dr. permission to tell anyone everything about your medical history, including employers and law enforcement. There is a risk to future insurance when telling a doctor.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    The doctor WILL advise you to stop taking AAS. Understand bro that it is their job to look out for your well being, they dont like it when patients use drugs, and yes steroids are a drug. It is really up to you whether you continue the cycle any further. You blacking out could just have been a freak accident or maybe not, you should decide what you think is best for you.

In any case bro im sorry to hear about the accident. I hope you recover soon...we'll be pulin for ya!

Originally posted by Rickson
    In your particular case I think it would be a good idea to tell your doc however I think you should know this. In the US there is a central computer database that is used by insurance companies to track medical histories called the MIB or Medical Information Bureau. Also, you probably be asked to sign a wavier giving the Dr. permission to tell anyone everything about your medical history, including employers and law enforcement. There is a risk to future insurance when telling a doctor.
    That's heavy duty shit that I did not know about. Thanks

IMHO I think you should tell your doctor. This is beneficial for your post cycle too. This way they can test you and be sure you are healthy again.

symatech

Originally posted by symatech
    The doctor WILL advise you to stop taking AAS. Understand bro that it is their job to look out for your well being, they dont like it when patients use drugs, and yes steroids are a drug. It is really up to you whether you continue the cycle any further. You blacking out could just have been a freak accident or maybe not, you should decide what you think is best for you.

In any case bro im sorry to hear about the accident. I hope you recover soon...we'll be pulin for ya!
    Thanks Symatech. I am glad I posted this. There are a lot of good Bros on this board to help us out. And it's times like this when you really need some help and advice. I plan to continue the cycle (and resume lifting as soon as its safe again).

my best wishes go out to you bro. get well soon

primodonna is offline Female Member
    Hope everything turns out okay

Don't rush back into your cycle and lifting...it can make things worse in the long run...a lot of people have been in "similar" situations so psychologically, you are not alone

BTW...good post, Rickson

niterider is offline New Member
    Bro,
    This kinda thing happend to me too, last December! I was using Test,D-bol and Illium Stanozol (Winny). Me and my girl were visting my parents.I went to take a piss. I finished and all I remember was reaching to flush the pot and that was it! I was out! I hit my head on the sink and the door knob. I only remember waking up on the floor with my mom and girlfriend yelling at me on the other side of the door. I looked like someone kicked the shit out of me, no blood just bruises. I went to the doc. later that week and I told him what I was using. I had blood work done, they checked my heart, and a (C.T.) Cat Scan. I turned out to be okay but I got the lecture from the doc about the AAS. And since my girl didn't know I was using, she found out. I had to hear it from her too. She bitched me out more than the doc did.
    But these are the chances we take!

inertia is offline Associate Member
    bro i am really sorry that happened especially to a good bro .let me know if i can help in any way possible, you must remember that your health could be at risk here and that making a decision like telling your doc about aas can be a serious one . do you have a personal physician on hand that you speak openly to? this would be the best case synario IMO. to have a doc that you can talk to about this (off record)and he can help you make the best decisions possible.remember, your health is your priority bro ...nothing else. yes the doc will recommend you to stop aas but it also depends on how you feel and how you react.take some time to think things through and for now i would lay off.if i were you id rather get healthy than get big.

peace
    inertia

Thanks Bros,
    I am going to try and clean myself up-need to shower and clean this dirt of me. This lortab is kind of tough of my stomach and I basically feel
    like shit, so i am going to try and get some sleep...

Thanks again,

-lethalius

Originally posted by inertia
    bro i am really sorry that happened especially to a good bro .let me know if i can help in any way possible, you must remember that your health could be at risk here and that making a decision like telling your doc about aas can be a serious one . do you have a personal physician on hand that you speak openly to? this would be the best case synario IMO. to have a doc that you can talk to about this (off record)and he can help you make the best decisions possible.remember, your health is your priority bro ...nothing else. yes the doc will recommend you to stop aas but it also depends on how you feel and how you react.take some time to think things through and for now i would lay off.if i were you id rather get healthy than get big.

peace
    inertia
    I do have a physician that I have seen mainly for checkups, and a bronchitis attack years ago. She has been my physician since 1998. I would be very uncomfortable if she recommends flat out to stay away from the AAS, since I know unless tests prove I have a problem with my health- I am going to continue my cycle.

If the tests run on me today show that there are no problems with the heart, etc., maybe it was a freak accident, or maybe related to the
    exercise-induced asthma. Some people don't even think exercise-induced asthma exists.

Thank you Niterider for sharing your experience with me- it seemed quite similar in nature and I am sure that freaked your world out a bit and your mom and gf. Yikes.

desert rat is offline Junior Member
    I am not a doctor and my reply is just a suggestion but I would wait for the results of your tests before you tell your doctor. Even though your doctor is medically trained, many still have outdated beliefs about AAS. Most had very LITTLE training on the subject in school. If you tell your doctor BEFORE your tests it may influence his thinking. I would let him know after the results and then see if there could be a connection. I find it hard to believe deca and test would cause any heart problems. PLEASE TAKE THIS AS A SUGGESTION ONLY. DO WHATEVER YOU FEEL BEST DOING. THERE IS A PROBLEM HERE THAT MUST BE SOLVED.

Originally posted by desert rat
    I am not a doctor and my reply is just a suggestion but I would wait for the results of your tests before you tell your doctor. Even though your doctor is medically trained, many still have outdated beliefs about AAS. Most had very LITTLE training on the subject in school. If you tell your doctor BEFORE your tests it may influence his thinking. I would let him know after the results and then see if there could be a connection. I find it hard to believe deca and test would cause any heart problems. PLEASE TAKE THIS AS A SUGGESTION ONLY. DO WHATEVER YOU FEEL BEST DOING. THERE IS A PROBLEM HERE THAT MUST BE SOLVED.
    I had my doctor visit today (family physician). I did not tell her I was using AAS. She did ask me if I had any ideas as to what may have caused this blackout? I said no, but I have had these feelings of short of breath, coughing (not wheezing), and light headedness for years now.
    I have an echo (ekg?) and suture removal scheduled for next Tuesday and I will see how that test checks out. I don't want to
    jump to any conclusions yet. I agree that the test and deca probably would not cause any heart problems, my concern would be the dbol exacerbating some underlying problem with me. Again, I am not jumping to any conclusions, and am continuing my cycle as of this point until something clearly says to stop.

My other big problem right now is the way I look. It's making me quite self conscious walking around in public with a lacerated/swelled up forehead/nose. It's scary looking and appears like I got my ass beat bad or hit with a bat- lol. All from passing out. Life goes on.

Originally posted by Lethalius

I had my doctor visit today (family physician). I did not tell her I was using AAS. She did ask me if I had any ideas as to what may have caused this blackout? I said no, but I have had these feelings of short of breath, coughing (not wheezing), and light headedness for years now.
    I have an echo (ekg?) and suture removal scheduled for next Tuesday and I will see how that test checks out. I don't want to
    jump to any conclusions yet. I agree that the test and deca probably would not cause any heart problems, my concern would be the dbol exacerbating some underlying problem with me. Again, I am not jumping to any conclusions, and am continuing my cycle as of this point until something clearly says to stop.

My other big problem right now is the way I look. It's making me quite self conscious walking around in public with a lacerated/swelled up forehead/nose. It's scary looking and appears like I got my ass beat bad or hit with a bat- lol. All from passing out. Life goes on.
    Wanted to clarify what I said above. When I said i have had these feelings of shortness of breath etc, they occur only when playing softball or sports, heavy weightlifting, etc.

desert rat is offline Junior Member
    Best of luck to ya bro. Hope to hell your EKG comes out clean. Give us an update next week.

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    I would tell the doc I'm on AS too. Better safe than sorry. That's why these guys go to school for 7-8 years.
    Good luck bro

$uperman is offline Member
    hope everything go ok for ya bro , if it were me id tell the doctor. im pretty sure he knows more about your cycle then you do. btw , thats a freaky ass avatar.

Thread Information