inertia is offline Associate Member

gallbladder surgery. WTF!

anyone here had their gallblader removed ? im facing possible surgery this week,WTF. after all ive done to prepare myself for my cycle now this.let me tell you, this was my week to start my first cycle ever and after all the planning and countless hours on-line researching, yet another disaster im beggining to think that its not meant to be! EVEN AFTER THE SURGERY I DONT KNOW IF I CAN USE AAS.has ANYONE had there galblader removed? what is the recovery time and are you able to consider aas after gallbladder removal?i thought everything was inpace until now!!

inertia

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    My father had his removed and took him about three weeks to recover but this was back when they had to cut you wide open and take it out. The procedure is much less intrusive now from my understanding. I don't think removal of the gall bladder will effect the ability to use AAS but it is definetely a discussion you want to have with your doctor.

still growin is offline Member
    Sorry to hear that bro! That is something you will want to ask your doc, just to be sure!

Lethalius is offline Junior Member

Re: gallbladder surgery. WTF!

Originally posted by inertia
    anyone here had their gallblader removed ? im facing possible surgery this week,WTF. after all ive done to prepare myself for my cycle now this.let me tell you, this was my week to start my first cycle ever and after all the planning and countless hours on-line researching, yet another disaster im beggining to think that its not meant to be! EVEN AFTER THE SURGERY I DONT KNOW IF I CAN USE AAS.has ANYONE had there galblader removed? what is the recovery time and are you able to consider aas after gallbladder removal?i thought everything was inpace until now!!

inertia

Inertia,

I agree with Rickson and Still growin that you would probably want to discuss this with your doctor. As you know Bro, I am knocked out of lifting and exercise for one week due to my recent injury, so I know a little about miserable setbacks. I'm still shootin' though.

I wish you the best bro,

-Lethalius

Haliaz is offline New Member
    Had my gallbladder removed during Hockey season. Was back playing in a little over a week. You would think they could just remove the galstones instead of taking the whole gallblader hehe.

Originally posted by Haliaz
    Had my gallbladder removed during Hockey season. Was back playing in a little over a week. You would think they could just remove the galstones instead of taking the whole gallblader hehe.
    any probs with cycling?

ironmaster is offline Associate Member
    Hey. inertia.....you might want to get another opinion on this surgery. Although many have gallstones, only like 10% of the people who do actually need to have the gall bladder removed. Docs love this, because it is a easy surgery to whack the insurance co. with. If you have had non-stop killer pain for a long time, and frequent attacks, or are infected, that is when surgery is recommended.
    I've had a couple stones....doc said I couldn't lift for six weeks minimum if I had the knife....fuck that.
    Light test therapy has been shown to speed healing time from surgery by as much as 30%........but no damn doc will recommend it.

mique is offline Junior Member
    Good luck bro! sorry to hear about that. try another opinion like ironmaster said, it makes sense.

Ok make sure you have the test where they inject the dye in you and watch in run through your gallbladder. I had that done and it skipped my galbladder because of the stones. You don't want the stones in your bile duct !! Basically they punch a few small holes in your stomach area..one for airing up your belly, then go in through the belly button. Once you are done it doesn't even look like you had surgery. Felt like I had a good ab workout is all. Was back playing hockey in just over a week.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry to hear that bro!! Good luck!

OG

Ok make sure you have the test where they inject the dye in you and watch in run through your gallbladder. I had that done and it skipped my galbladder because of the stones. You don't want the stones in your bile duct !! Basically they punch a few small holes in your stomach area..one for airing up your belly, then go in through the belly button. Once you are done it doesn't even look like you had surgery. Felt like I had a good ab workout is all. Was back playing hockey in just over a week.
    so since youe had you gb removed have you had any complications cycling??i maen can you continus as after your gallbladder is removed?

I have ran 3 cycles since I did this 5 years ago. I had all my bloodwork checked prior to each cycle and have been fine. Just to make myself feel better though..I am going to try this liver flush. I hear that does wonders. ABout to start my next cycle in a month also.

I have ran 3 cycles since I did this 5 years ago. I had all my bloodwork checked prior to each cycle and have been fine. Just to make myself feel better though..I am going to try this liver flush. I hear that does wonders. ABout to start my next cycle in a month also.
    thats encouraging bro,the reason i ask is because the gb is so closeley related to your liver.i guess i need to ask the doc abt this one.im scheduled tomorrow for tests (ultrasound)ill be sure and post.

peace inertia

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I've had my gallbladder removed and I'm currently on a cycle right now without complications so far. Ask your Doc but I think you should be fine.

Have you started throwing up neon colors yet?

Well honestly the Ultra sounds shows squat. That just shows you have gallstones. I had that done and changed my diet and went a few months to see if it cleared up. I never felt right and went and had the dye test and that showed the problem. My gallstone was lodged in the cyst duct which connects to the main bile duct so it had to come out. Remember your gallblader just stores excess bile. So once you eat protein or fat..the gallblader would start dumping bile..then the liver if needed. My digestion was a little different but overall I am great. All my bloodwork has been great also. Everytime I go to the doc I have him check my liver since I had my gallbladder out. Kinda gives me a reason other than "Hey I am using steroids doc !!".

Originally posted by Pheedno
    I've had my gallbladder removed and I'm currently on a cycle right now without complications so far. Ask your Doc but I think you should be fine.

Have you started throwing up neon colors yet?
    not yet bro ...but shit.........

Thread Information