chicamahomico is offline Respected Member

Ever have to stop a cycle due to injury??

I would like to hear of anyone's experience with an injury during their cycle. Whether or not it was gym related doesn't matter to me only that you had to stop or consider stopping your cycle early. What were the injuries and their effects on you? How did your body cope with the cessation of AS? etc, etc.
    Reason being that is my current situation. Sh*tty but true.

ddrew is offline Associate Member
    I broke both my legs in a bad fall. I spent 3 weeks in the hospitol and had no choice but to stop. I lost alot of weight but that would have happened no matter what.

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    injured myself almost every cycle prior to this one over the last 2 years, both shoulders are fucked, back has bad many problems just due to overdoing it and increased stregth so quickly I think, my old board name was injury plagued lol

peace

Hey OJ did you taper off your cycle after injuring yourself? I am going to taper off pretty quick here as my knee probs have got to the point where I cannot comfortably squat using both legs. My right leg just takes up all the slack for the left( injured ) leg. I went to the gym and halfway through my warmup on the bike I said enough of this and went physio. Did the usual physio routine and my Doc figures it is a bad flareup of an old knee injury. My patellar tendon was torn a few years ago and I have had minor flare ups and tendonitis every so often ever since.

I could continue my cycle( I'm in week 7 of 10 ) but I wouldn't get to work my legs. I figure I will shorten out now and begin off time so in a couple of months I can get back on when I'm fully recovered.

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    well bro a while ago i would panic like omg what am i gonna do now but in reality just stop as you would normall consider this the end, thats what I will do now. When I look at the big picture its really not worth it some people are like omg my cycle and im like yeah so what this is ur health. Like I have said before if I had have known this before my shoulders would be ok now but as it is I cant really lift over head and never ever feel totally injury free due to wanting to carry on taking pain kilers and that when I should have just stopped!.

peace

Sorry to hear about your shoulders buds. I also belong to the bad shoulder club, but mine was because of a drinking game gone horribly wrong! Glug, glug, glug...I dare you to...aaaaghhh...snap! You know how it goes.
    With my current knee situation I decided to stop mainly because I can't work my quads, which are my weakest link by far. I have great hamstring, hip and glute strength but my quads stink. So now that I can't work on my quads, I sure as hell don't want them getting relatively weaker than my other muscle groups, I will end the cycle cold turkey I think.

Thread Information