sjribbens is offline New Member

just started first cycle (deca), what should I expect?

I just started week two of deca . I have never taken anything like this before (just andros) and don't know what to expect. Please enlighten me on things I should be doing to get the most out of it and what to expect (i.e. your experiences). Also, what [exactly] do I need to do after the cycle with the clomid and why? Thanks.
    Last edited by sjribbens; 09-10-2002 at 11:50 PM.

I know this isn't the results board but...
    At the start of the cycle I was at:
    175 lbs and 11% body-fat
    Arms- 14.75
    Chest- 42.5
    Waiste- 32.5
    Thigh/Quad- 24
    Calves- 14.1
    I am at 180 already but I believe it is attributed to diet.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    I've never done a deca only cycle, I could tell you what I THINK might happen (or not happen!) but I'll bump this along for anyone who has experience of Deca only cycles.

Bouncer

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    It generally takes 3-4 weeks for deca to kick in so your weight gain is likely attributed to diet as you said. What dosage are you using? Do you have clomid for post cycle?

This is going to make me sound like an idiot, but I know what my friend has told me. He doesn't like any stacking (too complicated he said) and never said anything about clomid for post cycle, so no I don't have any. Do I need it? What does it do? How much do you take and how long? Also, I fill the syringe up to 1ml (which is what my friend said was good for my first time), so I don't know exactly what that is comparable to. Does it make sense to stack Deca with something? It seems like no one does just one thing at a time on this board. Test is usually the easiest for me to get, but I haven't asked for anything else. Thanks for the help!

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Oh boy. You need to do some research. Check out the educational threads forum (specifically the clomid questions answered and the deca gyno thread) and use the search button. This is what gives steriods a bad name... people using them that don't know what they are doing.

gettinthere is offline Associate Member
    OH YOU POOR POOR MAN
    this is not entirely your fault. most people have no idea how much goes into planning and carrying out a proper cycle. they, like you, have a gym buddy who frankly doesnt know jackshit about roids and is irresponsibly giving out advice like a deca only cycle with no clomid. heres what you can expect IMO. a limp dick in a few weeks, no big gains, and what you do gain will probably go away post cycle with no clomid. it will also be very hard to get clomid as most suppliers through the mail wont waste time sending such a small order. so stacking is just to complicated for your friend huh? he doesnt sound too smart. I learned how to stack my first cycle in just a few weeks on this board. im not going to explain clomid because every other thread on this board talks about it. type clomid in the search and look it up. it is what keeps you from turning into a girl post cycle.

by the way, is that 1 ml every week? cause that aint shit brotha, my cat uses more than that and he's a pussy (get it)

So does it make sense to stop while I am barely into it, regroup with a good set up of gear and start over. That seems to make sense based on what I have heard. Right now I feel like an idiot as I am usually well on top of my nutrition/supplement game.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    That's what I would do. Stick around... check out the drug profiles on the main site and look at old posts. As I said before, the educational threads are a good place to start.

How old are you and what are you trying to accomplish?

I will be 21 in November. I have been body building since Feb 2001. I started out at 135 and made it to 179 in the first year. Net LBM was 34 lbs. I cut down after that and now am working on building up as much muscle as I can. My ultimate goal is to compete in a body building show. I love the "lifestyle" and love the pursuit of changing my body.

Well, I am stopping for now. I will hit the books and learn everything I can before coming back at it. Thank you all for the help.
    Seth

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    smart move bro on stopping.
    Goodluck,

M

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    ya, smart move bro..i think we were all in your postion (not knowing shit about AS) at one point or another...learn and stick around a while

So how about this one:
    week 1-10: 200mg of Deca
    week 1-10: 200mg of Test (200, single esther)
    post cycle: clomid.
    This is light but other than the above I have never done a complete cycle. It seems to me that any E side effects would be unlikely at these doses so I shouldn't need any arimidex or nolidex.
    PO's please.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Bro i was in your situation before too. I had some norandren 200 that i was going to take on the advice of a gym buddy. After reading more i learned more about what i was gonna take, and even decided to wait a longer to gain more naturally. I'm tellin you bro, you made a very wise choice. Welcome to AR!!

Miamijuicejunky is offline New Member
    I have had great results with deca -durabolin made by Organon I would not use any other brand. Mic with Test by Upjohn or anadrol and I always use Oxdronalone. This is an excellant stack this with a good diet alot of protien and high calories you should have significant gians.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Miamijuicejunky
    I have had great results with deca-durabolin made by Organon I would not use any other brand. Mic with Test by Upjohn or anadrol and I always use Oxdronalone. This is an excellant stack this with a good diet alot of protien and high calories you should have significant gians.
    Dude, deca and test is a good first cycle but there is NO WAY I would recommend anadrol to a newbie!! Dp you know that anadrol is the single most toxic oral steroid out there?!?! Dbol is the way to go for a beginers bulking stack and Ox is not neccesary unless he is looking for an increase in strength...definately not neccesary in this case.

sjribbens...even at the low doses you have outlined there is still a significant chance that gyno could appear...especially if you are prone to it or genetically pre-disposed. IMO you should ALWAYS have arimidex or nolvadex before starting a cycle with test. It's better to have it and not need it then it is to need it and not have it.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Originally posted by Pete235

sjribbens...even at the low doses you have outlined there is still a significant chance that gyno could appear...especially if you are prone to it or genetically pre-disposed. IMO you should ALWAYS have arimidex or nolvadex before starting a cycle with test. It's better to have it and not need it then it is to need it and not have it.
    well said pete...the way i see it is, if you spend $300-400 on AS, why sell yourself short? spend that extra $200 or so on all precautionary measures...L-dex and Nolva are something I will alwaays have on hand just in case...I take the L-dex religiously throughout each cycle...remeber, gyno surgery costs like $3000 or so...you could be one huge mofo for that much money

durbin22 is offline Member
    I would add Test or you can forget about having sex.

jamotech is offline Member
    Well my first time using as was a deca only, 200mg a week for 8 weeks. I gained about 10 lbs, kept about 6lbs(could of done the same with creatine!). I think most of the bros on here would agree that a deca only cycle isnt worth the time, If I could go back and change my first time I would use an equal amt of deca and test. You will get your best gains your first time so dont waste it.

projectsherv is offline Associate Member
    10 pounds at 200mg a week is pretty damn good, i've only gained 11 pounds on 8th week of 400mg deca .

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    IMO I'd run the TEST a little higher than 200mg wk.. at least 400-600mg..
    but your getting closer... KEEP READING!!

Thread Information