EmptyWallet is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Think I'm taking in to much dextrose post workout?

Well, when I stepped on the scale today, I weighed 171.5, This is way down for me, but I'm just recovered from a hand injury but I have been able to go to the gym the past few weeks and go at it strong. Well, from some of the replies on this board about dextrose, most guys consume 80-100g post workout. I consume 80 grams. However alot of you weigh alot more than I do. Around 30 pounds or so. This is what my post workout shake consists of so far, 75grams of Isopure Whey, 80 grams of Dextrose. I'm starting to think thats to much, especially on the dextrose side. Anyone comment? Think maybe I might start storing some of that dextrose as fat?

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    on hard days such as leg and back day where squats and deads are performed (hopefully ) 60-75g dextrose should be fine. on easier days i would take in about 30-50g. always keeping protein constant.

but these numbers can be all messed up if u are cutting, or bulking...so what are u trying to do

I'm Bulking. Post workout is the ONLY time of the day that I have simple carbs though. Dextrose is the only simple carb in my diet. I'm thinking the protein maybe a little high. Perhaps I should cut back to 50? or just keep it 75?

also, looking at how much I weigh, do you think thats alot to take in for me?

Machine told me about this formula that gymnists supposedly use,

"Post workout is .8 grams carbs/kg (2.2 lb); .4 grams protein/kg"

So at my weight of 171, thats around 62 grams of carbs post workout, Now I'm bulking, so maybe 80 is ok?

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    80 is ok, postworkout is an anabolic time- you'd better take too much dex than the oposite

Thread Information