hammerhead is offline Member

Everyone needs to read this

I just want to stress once again how important it is for us to go to the doctor and get a check-up regularly - especially when we're going to cycle steroids . I went in for a check-up during my second cycle of sust/eq/d-bol. It is a good thing I did because it just may have saved my life.

I have been diagnosed with chronic Hepatitis-C (HCV). It is a virus that affects the liver. I have serious liver damage including cirrhosis as a result of it. I was told today that I may likely need a liver transplant one day. A biopsy will tell me just how extensive the damage has become. The d-bol in this cycle (200 tabs) was enough to make me fairly sick. I might not be here to post this thread had I taken more of it or taken something really nasty like Anadrol .

My hepatitis was not caused by steroids. It's an infectuous disease. But now I know that C-17 alpha-alkylated oral steroids could kill me or at least shorten my life. This is something I really do need to know before planning cycles. There are plenty of steroids I can take that have no hepatatoxicity whatsoever - i'll stick to those.

Fortunately I know this now. Fortunately for all of us i'm (probably) not going to become another person to die from an undiscovered medical condition exaggerated by anabolic steroids. I'm not going to become another example for the biased media to parade in front of the uninformed public as another idiot that took those dangerous steroids and died from them of course.

Steroids are medications and every medication affects people differently. Just because your gym buddy can take Anadrol for 8 weeks and be okay doesn't mean you can. Just because somebody on this site takes 1000mg/wk of 3 different steroids or stays on testosterone for 18 months straight and lives to tell about it doesn't make it okay.

I'm afraid for the youngsters that come to this site with the idea of taking a whole whole lot of gear in one cycle and they're just looking for someone to say they've done it before so that will make it okay. We ought to be real careful what we post. I know we cannot be responsible for anyone else but whatever you post - remember that someone somewhere might take that as a green light to go and try it too.

All the data regarding steroids usage and usual side-effects only applies to normal healthy people. Are you a normal healthy person? Do you know this for sure? I sure as hell thought I was up until a few months ago. When was the last time you went to the doctor?

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    h.h.
    this is good and highly informative post. im extremely happy that you found your condition in time, so as not to have any further complications.
    all the younger brothers(as you posted already) need to read this and take heed. its hard though, because when youre young, you feel like youre going to live forever, and youre basically invincible. sad to say this isnt true.
    no matter how old you are, regular checkups are a must, and its a good thing you had the wherewithal to go to the doc and find out what you did.(that 17aa steroids arent in your arsenal anymore).
    thanks again for sharing this with us bro, it takes a standup guy to lay it all out like this. we're behind you, and i will offer what little knowledge i have to you personally if you ever decide you need it. just drop me a pm or an email, even if its just to shoot things around a little. this was a great post............

peace bb79

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I'm sorry about your liver problems but am very happy you discovered early. I wish you the best of luck and hope all goes well for you.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry to hear that H.H... I hope all is going well for you,,,

I am 36 and doing my third cycle. I was thinking the other day about going to get a check up after this cycle,, but now you've kinda startled me,,, if I do go get a physical should I be up front about the cycle I'm on or wait till I finish to go in?
    again, I wish you the best and am glad you found it in time...
    Ripper

thegame01 is offline Member
    i am sorry to hear about your condition bro and happy to hear that you got tested in time. very good post and 100% bang on .

good luck man
    gz

Ozzy is offline Senior Member
    Bro , Didn't you feel any pain in your liver ? I would think at the stage you got to (cirrhosis ) there would be some discompfort in that area.

I'm really sorry to hear about your troubles my friend
    Thanks for the awesome post.
    Good Luck , our prayers are with you

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator
    Hammerhead, I applaud your courage in posting this message - eloquently written, honest, and up front. You've got balls, bro, and have taken a step that can do many others a lot of good. Needless to say, my best wishes are with you.

ripped4fsu, I always recommend being up front with your doctor about anabolic use. If you develop any conditions, or even symptoms, that could be associated with using AS, your physician's knowledge will lead to an accurate diagnosis and treatment faster than going into it blind; whether or not a condition is due to AS use, your doctor's knowledge can avoid a lot of needless testing.

The physician-patient relationship is fully protected by confidentiality (or, legally, privileged communications). Your doctor can not even be compelled to testify as to his or her knowledge about your AS use in a court of law. The only time doctor-patient confidentiality is questionable is if you are under the age of 18, and even then it is generally protected (thanks, in part, to abortion cases involving young women).

One thing I usually recommend is that you ask your physician not to note your AS use in your medical chart - in the event of an accident or litigation that would involve your health, your medical file can be subpoeaned for trial. Most physicians are usually willing to accommodate you on a request like this.

You will occasionally run into physicians who will be judgmental about your AS use. If so, find a new physician - it's that simple. Do not ever expect, or think you deserve, and endorsement of your AS use, nor should you ever expect that a physician will write prescriptions that will foster your use (thus placing him or her in legal jeopardy). But do expect your physician to be up front with you in a non-judgmental way so that you, as the patient, are fully informed about the implications of your potential cycle.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Great post bro!
    Hope everything works out for you...

M

projectsherv is offline Associate Member
    this is some really good info i am definatly going to share with a few friends of mine especially one who has had internal bleeding in the past and is currently on his first cycle. I am going to make sure we all go have check ups. My apologies for your condition, good thing you caught it now, you'll be okay. good luck bro.

Grant is offline Member
    god bless you, thanks for sharing, sometimes it takes personal testimonials for people to listen

ari
    ari is offline Female Member
    hammerhead,
    I was contaminated with Hepatitis-C in 1993, by the end of 1995 I was completely cured, I didn't even have the virus! You know the most important - diet! Please follow your diet, it shouldn't be difficult for you as it's the same as BB diet. I was told to stop lifting weights, but I just went on and used smaller weights. Maybe you should take a rest from weight lifting and see how you feel.
    All my best wishes to you!

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    TNT,,,
    Thanks for the info,,, My Dr. seems pretty cool. He's real laid back and easy going. I'll go get a check up... I got this rash I need to get looked at anyway! j/j

H.H. good luck bro, thanks for having the class and courage to post, you've done us all a great service

XXX
    XXX is offline New Member
    sorry to hear about ur problem and a very serious one, u just motivated people here to do the next step, in ur case u have very strong feelings bro,
    strong enough to tell us ur problem and to face it, good luck to u hoping all end on ur side...

Tarzan is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for the post bro!

I wish you good luck for a speedy recover. I hope all will read your post and think long and hard about what we do. Especialy the young bucks
    I pesonaly feel most people do not need AS untill there 30 years or older.
    Some may disagree but that my opinion. Proper training,diet,recovery and dedication over time can produce great results without AS.
    Body building is about building your body up not tearing it down.

Good luck and keep your chin up!

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    i thank you for posting such a clear and to the point message. I will take the lesson well.

T$sMechamT/A is offline Junior Member
    great points... glad you caught the problem before it was too late.

McBain is offline Member
    Sorry to hear about your prob bro but glad you caught it before it really hurt you. A friend of mine had hepatitis recently but I don't think it was that serious of a case because he was better in 3-4 months. Speedy recovery and thanks for posting your experience to try to allow others to learn from it. I'm going in for post cycle bloodwork this week and now I'm a little nervous but my cycle was moderate so im sure ill be fine.

Thread Information