Maggs145 is offline Junior Member

reusing 18g needle

I have an 18g needle and was wondering if it would be ok to use it evertyime i draw, I will put a sterile needle on before injecting. If it is ok i should prolly put it in a cup of alcohol or sumthin right. thanks guys

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    If you keep reusing it, it will not stay sterile and you risk contaminating your entire vial.

McBain is offline Member

Re: reusing 18g needle

Originally posted by Maggs145
    I have an 18g needle and was wondering if it would be ok to use it evertyime i draw, I will put a sterile needle on before injecting. If it is ok i should prolly put it in a cup of alcohol or sumthin right. thanks guys
    Bro if you can get gear why can't you just buy some needles? There are plenty of online sights you can order them, in some states you can just go into a pharmacy. They are cheap, don't risk your health like that to save a few pennies and some inconvenience.

Lynn is offline Female Member
    Pins are cheap, had the same thought once than came to my senses... not worth risking an infection for something as cheap as pins. Don't reuse it!

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator
    Why is it that so many people are willing to spend hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars on gear, yet are deterimed to use the same 20¢ needle multiple times?

Never mind . . . It was a rhetorical question. (Nothing personal, Maggs145, but I couldn't resist. )

Seriously, I concur with the others - an entire syringe/needle only costs under 30¢ in most cases, and new drawing needles/injecting needles and syringes should be pulled out of fresh packaging every time. It's not worth risking an infection for the cheapest part of an injection.

By the way, most people use 20 g. needles to draw, not 18 g. Not only are the 20 g. more plentiful (and thus often cheaper), they make less of a hole in the rubber stopper of a vial and have less chance of getting some of that rubber into the injection.

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    Today I bought 20 -22 gauge- 1- 1/2' for 5 bucks at Wallgreens. Lady looked at me funny, but oh well. 0.25$ each. Syringe and pin.

Big_Dippin is offline Associate Member
    Don't be a fool, never reuse your tool. Come on, bro. Pins are so cheap and easy to get. Spend a few extra bucks, cause you'll be happy in the long run.

Thread Information