IronCy is offline Senior Member

Anyone Else drink way too much pop

sounds like a stupid question, but, anyone else quit drinking pop (pepsi, coca cola, etc..) cold turkey--completely give it up? How did it help your physical appearance? I think im addicted to the caffine it provides my body.
    -Cy

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    I haven't had a soda pop in about 3 years now......if I drink anything other than water, I drink Iced Tea when I go out.

TheStromba is offline Associate Member
    I have been able to slow down my caffeine intake alot. I drink 1 cup of coffee in the morning (CANT do without that) and have been able to almost cut the soda intake completely.

The key (for me anyway) is a clean diet. Avoiding simple carbs and eating 5-6 times a day has kept my energy level fairly constant, so I dont get the ups and downs that make me reach for that diet cola.

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    i only drink soda's when mixed with alcohol,i usually dont go out for the first six weeks of cycle though,b/c im humiliated with my body,but after i start thinking im big and im looking good i bring all 278 lbs of it to the club and drink the soda's away, crown wit coke of course or sprite and gin and long island iced teas and my fav. is cranberry and vodka

rippedstud is offline New Member
    its not a stupid question at all. i used to drink more soda then u could even imagine. i seriously did not drink anything but soda. now, i drink only water, or the alcohol at times. but i did experience some side effects. i got really cranky, and got some headaches. but it was only at the times of the day were i was used to drinkin the soda. it goes away after a little bit, its not big deal, and u will notice the difference, idid

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    I drink so much water that my ex got mad because everytime we went out I got water. F**K the sugar.

Get some H2O

Originally posted by GenuinePL
    I drink so much water that my ex got mad because everytime we went out I got water. F**K the sugar.

Get some H2O
    Amen GPL !

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member

#23 is offline New Member
    Its been about 6-7 months for me!

I LOVE MY H2O!

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    the only soda I drink is diet coke, but that is only at lunch time, when I eat my lunch, cause by then, I would've already downed about a gallon of water, so I want to add some flavor to my dinner. besides that, thatis it.. no soda's for me..

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    I quit cold turkey, when I decided that I wanted to start really eating healthy, and working right. I went from a 6 pack a day of dew, to nothin'!

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I used to drink nothing but soda. Now I havent touched for about a year. I don't even miss it either. Crystal Light is good to get some flavor with out sugar. Ice tea (no sugar of course) when I go out. Besides that its water water water. At least a gallon a day. Most of the time 2 gallons. God I love water

Whiteyebrowe is offline Associate Member
    man u need to get of that shit asap, the sugar trashes your immune system stores as fat is addictive etc............

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    I used to drink soda like it was going out of style. One day, I just decided to stop. Now I'll have maybe have a soda if I go out to eat, but even then I usually ask for H20. If you need more flavor then get some ice tea or lemonade, but once you're off the soda and start drinking a lot of H20, you won't miss it....it's easier to quit than you think......best of luck!!!!

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Originally posted by Canes4Ever
    I haven't had a soda pop in about 3 years now......if I drink anything other than water, I drink Iced Tea when I go out.
    Sweeeet!!! Gotta love the Iced Tea. All the time in restaurants, I get the IT, never coke.

I used to be back with that shit, drank like 3-4 cokes and that was just on a Saturday night!!! One day I just said, this shit is soo stupid, and it's got so much sugar, and people (especially parents) talk to much trash about it, so I just quite, just like that. I think it's been a good 3-4 years now.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    best thing that ever happened on a keto diet is that I went to DIET drinks - I live on Diet Dr Peper and Diet Mountain Dew - regular drink almost makes me sick now - the taste is good but the sugar isnt. As someone here can attest, I can go through a litter of diet Mountain Dew ED

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Diet my fair share of Diet Coke when not dieting for show. But i do miss it......nice not getting up 10x a night to pee.

Originally posted by CYCLEON
    best thing that ever happened on a keto diet is that I went to DIET drinks - I live on Diet Dr Peper and Diet Mountain Dew - regular drink almost makes me sick now - the taste is good but the sugar isnt. As someone here can attest, I can go through a litter of diet Mountain Dew ED
    Yeah ! Another Dr. Pepper fan ! My choice of soft drink if I ever have one !

Gear101 is offline Member
    gave up 6 bottle of moutain dew for water 5-6years ago

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Just shoot it.....oh wait a minute...I thought this thread asked "Anyone else drink way too much PROP"!!!

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    hehehehehehe...i knew that was commin when I made that subject---took you guys long enough!!! way to finally come through for me pete!--now where is my big hook to pull this comedian off the stage?!?!?!?!!?

Kid Shred is offline Member
    I'm a sucker for Root Beer , what can I say?
    IMO they are These are my top 4 :
    1.Ramblin' Root Beer
    2.Dad's Root Beer
    3.I.B.C Root Beer
    4.A&W Root Beer

Nico is offline Associate Member
    just get use to drinking diet, that way you can drink as much as you want throughout the day, just be sure to also drink plenty of water. All i drink is diet, I can never go back to drinking regular, it just makes me wanna puke.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Hmm...i heard a while back that diet cola's have synthetic (fake) sugar in them, to make them sweet, and that it can cause cancer if you consume too much. Now this could be just bullshit, but I did hear that, but then again, considering most of you shoot up to a gram of juice a week, i don't think you give a shit

CrazyRussian is offline Associate Member
    soda doesnt help my gains!!!! i felt fat on soda!!! its all about kool-aid

T-NUTZ is offline Junior Member
    Like others have said lemonade and ice-t are an alternative. my problem isn't the soda but its the beer. try and stay away from that too!

Nate_Dog is offline Member
    Originally posted by rippedstud
    its not a stupid question at all. i used to drink more soda then u could even imagine. i seriously did not drink anything but soda. now, i drink only water, or the alcohol at times. but i did experience some side effects. i got really cranky, and got some headaches. but it was only at the times of the day were i was used to drinkin the soda. it goes away after a little bit, its not big deal, and u will notice the difference, idid
    Dito,...

Years ago I would never drink water! ............ THAT IS SO FUCKING BAD FOR YOU!

Now I love H20,... people think I am anal being so healthy... but I love it,... I feel good... and I healed really quickly after I got fucked up on my motorbike by a car. Thanks to good health!

Drinking pop,.. is a good way to become diabetic. BAD BAD SHIT! Sugar is a drug... should be illegal... and gear should be legal.
    Last edited by Nate_Dog; 03-21-2002 at 05:23 AM.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Originally posted by Nate_Dog

Dito,...

I would not ever drink water............ THAT IS SO FUCKING BAD FOR YOU!

Now I love H20,... people think I am anal being so healthy... but I love it,... I feel good... and I healed really quickly after I got fucked up on my motorbike by a car. Thanks to good health!

Drinking pop,.. is a good way to become diabetic. BAD BAD SHIT! Sugar is a drug... should be illegal... and gear should be legal.
    Um so you love H20 but would never drink it cuz its bad for you huh

Nate_Dog is offline Member
    Originally posted by D3m3nt3d

Um so you love H20 but would never drink it cuz its bad for you huh
    Made a few adjustments so dumb ass's wouldn't read my post incorrectly.

lol,... just fucking with you.

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    quit drinking pop 1.5 years ago, I've cheated a few times, and that was more around the holidays.

I usualy drink OJ, or water, alcohal rarely.

mexicali is offline New Member
    before my cycle i drank a shitload of em. i think i've had 2 since and only after workout when i had nothing else in sight.they about made me puke. dont care for em anymore

thate is offline New Member
    If you drink more than one pop a month than that is too much to me. If it is caffeine you're craving than start popping nyc or eca, this way you get your fix without all that nasty ass sugar.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I think this was a great post since I was a soda junkie for years. One day I gave it up cold turkey and moved to water (which I use to hate). Now I can't get hydrated unless I drink water and lots of it. It will be hard at first but once you do it you will be very happy that you made the change. Been almost ten years now for me although occassionally I will have a diet cherry coke.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    I hate drinking that stuff. The only thing I'll drink is Sprite (or Sierra Mist) if they don't have lemonade, or just stick to my regular water with a lemon on the rocks. Coke's way too sugary and nasty tasting now.

Although I must admit every once in a while when I go inside to eat at Taco Bell I'll get a glass of Dr. Pepper - yummy.

projectsherv is offline Associate Member
    I also used to be a soda junkie hardcore, i drank it when i woke up in the middle of the night. Quit it cold turkey about a year ago and would never start back up.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    Originally posted by Nate_Dog

Made a few adjustments so dumb ass's wouldn't read my post incorrectly.

lol,... just fucking with you.
    haha, i just came across this post and realized i already responded to it..then i was reading your post and wondering y u were now making sense...then i read where you made some adjustments for dumbasses like myself..thanks for helping me out bro

David B. is offline Member
    I was a Coca Cola junkie for several decades. Gave it up for Diet Coke about five years ago. Still haven't managed to kick the Diet Coke habit, but I figger if that's my worst vice, I can't be doin' too badly. I guess the caffeine is my way of self-medicating for ADD...

--dnb

BLOOD is offline Associate Member
    Soft Drinks are legal crack as far as I'm concerned.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    i drank 3 2 liters of dr.pepper a day.

since i completely gave them up, my weight has really went down. Now i have done a hell of alot of cardio and lifting but without cutting the soft drinks there is no way i would be as close to where i want to be.

8oz of a softdrink usually have somewhere near 55 g of carbs and a hell of alot of sugar. just terrible for ya

drink water, once you drink water only, drink more. Its the basis for results in my book.

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    I cant get enough water lately!

Thread Information