Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Serious testosterone problems! (Itching/over heating)

crunch321 is offline New Member

Unhappy Serious testosterone problems! (Itching/over heating)

Hey guys

Just to give you some background information on me. I’m a 20 year old male and I have been taking testosterone in injection form for 2 years. The reason for this is because I do not produce enough of my own testosterone so I am proscribed these steroids by doctors.

Since taking testosterone I have developed some major issues with it. My body seems to nearly always constantly be warm. I could walk around in the snow in just a t-shirt and still be warm. Whenever I get slightly warm I break out in what looks like a heat rash and my skin becomes extremely itchy and stings all over my upper body. Also my skin can turn red when I break out. This lasts untill i cool my body down and then it goes away.

The doctors have no idea why this is happening to me. My liver and thyroid is normal and all other blood tests have been normal.

I have no option but to take these hormones because otherwise I cannot function sexually and feel emotionally numb.

I’ll be honest here, I am so depressed and sick of being constantly itchy and always over heating that I often think of taking my life. This is stopping me from living a normal life and I can’t do anything active for fear that I will break out.

I have been on most testosterone types such as enanthate , Sustanon , testosterone patches and testosterone pills.

But so far none of them have solved the problem.

Please can someone here advice me?

nowdenlid is offline Banned
    try sun beds(tanning)

Markosterone is offline Member
    what testosteron are you on now ? and what dosage ?

usually people get hot during cycle, and thats normal...

maybe someone who is on HRT can give you some advice.

//M

Bigmax is offline Retired VET~ If you dont know... ask me
    Bro..you said the something interesting.."cool my body down"...hows your water intake???...are you keeping your body good and Hydrated??

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    sounds like menapause due to estrogen..

I am on enanthate 250 every two weeks or lately i have been taking 125 weekly in an effort to level my testosterone so that it doesn't keep going from high to low over a two week cycle.

I drink alot of water but still my body temp is high and my worst enemy is now the sun. I can break out 20 times a day if i go outside and walk.

It seems like my body is unable to cool down, but if i stop taking testosterone i go back to normal.

if ur hot non stop,just sounds like ur metabolic rate is increased via an increase in anabolism

VR4
    VR4 is offline Associate Member
    Thats really weird... I have the exact same problem only not so bad.

NSXTC is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa View Post
    sounds like menapause due to estrogen..
    This is a smart board member, look into this.

How can it be caused by estrogen?

Quote Originally Posted by crunch321 View Post
    just the flux in hormones can induce hot flashes but the way it seems to be a prolonged state makes me think its just an increase in anabolism, not sure on the itchyness

Quote Originally Posted by crunch321 View Post
    Because you've had so much test in ur system over the years it converts it to estrogen thats why he suggested that...

someone earlier mentioned "Tanning" I would not recommend that AT ALL, if anything that will make matters worse, as it may aggravate the skin...Its not like you have a lil acne and some tanning will make it go away, you have a serious problem that is causing ur extreme condition..

It also worries me how depressed you are... trust me bro someone out there has it 10x worse than you do.. you can get thru this.. What have the docs told ya? What do they recommend? They are probably more qualified to answer these questions than any of us are due to the extreme nature of ur case.

Do u workout? I feel very bad for you man , Ive never read a post here that really made me feel sorry for them but yours did when u said u think of taking ur life sometimes... Do you think u should go to counseling, maybe that would help u , to know that there might be other people out there suffering thru the same type of thing, whatever its called.. be strong!! we r here for u
    Last edited by Panzerfaust80; 01-29-2008 at 05:54 PM.

It is related to the hormones as when I stop taking them my body returns back to normal after two weeks, but stopping the steroids long-term isn’t an option because I need the testosterone for functioning emotionally, sexually and having energy/drive and of course to maintain healthy bones.

When I stay still like sitting in bed, then I don’t break out, it’s only when I am moving like walking etc that I break out, or if I become suddenly hot. It seems like when I move my body is producing far too much heat and I end up breaking out in itchy hives all over my upper body.

Does anyone know why steroids make the body warmer then usual?

I feel quite depressed because I have been dealing with this for two years now and I am unable to work or go outside that much. I tend to just stay in my room with the fan on to keep cool. So as you can imagine my life isn’t so great right now because of this. I don’t want to feel sorry for myself, I know others have it far worse then I do, but I am loosing the ability to see the point in carrying on because I’m not really living anyway like this.

The doctors just tell me they don't know why and all they give me is antihistamines, which only help about 20% with the itching but not the over heating.

as stated previously.. when the body is in a heightened state of anabolism .. the metabolic rate is increased. this gives off HEAT as a waste product due to energy expenditure.

Shit man docs dont know shyt anyways....They just find symptoms and match them with ailments and write u a script for something.

Do u drink enough water? maybe carrry cold ass water around with u at all times? I get hot too on juice, I assume it may be becuase if elevated red blood cell counts in ones system?? Maybe ur allergic to the gear ur doc is giving u?? could be lots of things.. when u arent on the juice do the symptoms persist, and how long can u be off of the juice before they do?

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa View Post
    as stated previously.. when the body is in a heightened state of anabolism .. the metabolic rate is increased. this gives off HEAT as a waste product due to energy expenditure.
    tai=smart.

i never thought of it like that but it makes damn perfect sense..

I feel bad for u crunch .. we should all give crunch a big hug... we <3 u crunch, ur problems will sort themselves out , dont worry...
    Last edited by Panzerfaust80; 01-29-2008 at 07:10 PM.

Tesla is offline Member
    Are you taking any additional supplements with your test? Niacin can cause a reaction identical to what you're describing if taken in high enough dose.

bpm1 is offline Anabolic Member
    u need to have your adrenal function tested.i have very low adrenal function(im borderline addisons) and i have to up my adrenal meds while im on cycle as there is added stress on the adrenals.low adrenal function is often represented in the ways you've stated,depression,crazy feelings/thoughts,overheat easily/sweat too much,etc....anyway get it checked out you've got nothin to lose

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Are you taking any additional supplements with your test? Niacin can cause a reaction identical to what you're describing if taken in high enough dose.
    Its a simple question but very true. I cannot take niacin for this exact reason!

graeme87 is offline Member
    You say the over heating and the itching stop if you stop taking your testosterone ?

I would recommend having your thyroid and adrenal glands checked and also to see a dermatologist about the itching. However since the symptoms go away when you stop taking your testosterone it would seem probable that the testosterone is the cause.

Your dose of testosterone could be wrong 125mg a week or 250mg is not by any means a lot but you could try cutting it down a bit and see if that helps.

Also what tia said about the conversion to estrogen could be the cause, you symptoms sound very similar to what women experience during menopause so I would assume it has something to do withy this.

Have your endocrinologist look into your estrogen levels as well as your testosterone, there are many possible treatments yet to be explored so don’t worry about it. I’m confident they will find an answer to this. It could be as simple as adjusting the dose or taking an anti estrogen.

Worst case scenario you come off of your testosterone in order to relieve you of your side effects. Coming off of your testosterone would leave you with the side effects associated with low testosterone i.e sexual dysfunction, lack of energy etc but these can be treated in other ways. By no means am I encouraging you to stop taking your testosterone as this would be a last resort there are many other treatments to try before you get to this stage.

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    id get a second opinion from a different doctor.

n_georgia is offline New Member
    Crunch, I know it has been a long time since you wrote this and may not even be on here any longer. But I am having the same issue exactly. I cannot get hot or exerted, it's like being bitten by ants. Any help would be great.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n_georgia View Post
    Crunch, I know it has been a long time since you wrote this and may not even be on here any longer. But I am having the same issue exactly. I cannot get hot or exerted, it's like being bitten by ants. Any help would be great.
    Really you think? Apparently now since his last post was in 2008 and he only posted 7 times.

Now start a new post and see if you can get some help. Feel free to reference this post.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Lmao^^^

joelski is offline New Member
    I am another person who is experiencing this. Lowering my dose helps. Nolvadex helps. I thought it had to do with it being winter and when I get hot and almost sweaty it makes me itch. I remember years ago when I used to run i'd get a similiar sensation. It really sucks and I'm looking into other ways of having high test levels. Hope that Kid found his way. I read a thread of a person having success using Proviron which eliminated the redness in his face and overheating but he didn't have the itching problem. Another option instead of Test injections is HCG . There are many people on permanant HCG. For anyone who comes across this thread it may be something to think about. Luckily I'm not dependent on Test but was using it to boost levels due to mine being low from using suboxone for 6 years. Figured i'd run a low dose for a few months and taper off the sub. Then this overheating itching sensation combined with extreme facial flushing and blushing started which is making me think I can't use Test. But I will be trying out HCG and Nolva for a period.

Sorry to bump this but this thread could be useful to the people who suffer from this and are searching endlessly with no solution. The main Solution is taking the lowest dose possible to keep Test levels within range which minimizes the overheating. Combine this with Nolva or very low dose arimidex every 2or 3 days.
    Last edited by joelski; 11-21-2014 at 07:23 PM.

jman81hfdtt is offline New Member

crazy stuff i know

Hey just wanted to let you know I just started taking tren acetate for two weeks and I got my first hot itchy skin rash I started to freak out. I knew I had to cool my body fast with cold water and I drank two glasses of cold water and it went away fast now I can feel it when I start to get hot coming on so I down ice cold water and I just hope they don't continue and I know you pain . Sure you been dealing with this for way to long and I wish you the best. I hope by me not ever doing this agian will go away and I know about being out in the cold with just a t shirt I just wish you the best and keep positive cause life is so precious man trust me it's worth it. You can get a camel pack filled with ice water and it will keep your back cool and you can drink cold water when needed

jman81hfdtt is offline New Member

crazy stuff i know

Hey just wanted to let you know I just started taking tren acetate for two weeks and I got my first hot itchy skin rash I started to freak out. I knew I had to cool my body fast with cold water and I drank two glasses of cold water and it went away fast now I can feel it when I start to get hot coming on so I down ice cold water and I just hope they don't continue and I know you pain . Sure you been dealing with this for way to long and I wish you the best. I hope by me not ever doing this agian will go away and I know about being out in the cold with just a t shirt I just wish you the best and keep positive cause life is so precious man trust me it's worth it. You can get a camel pack filled with ice water and it will keep your back cool and you can drink cold water when needed

DCLero is offline New Member
    This seems to be rare and painful, so I felt like I needed to post this to maybe help someone who is experiencing this. I've also experienced this condition from taking Test. It literally feels like a hundred red ants trying to eat their way out of my skin or bees stinging you. It's not like getting punched this is annoying pain that when it hits you, especially the first time, can really scare the shit out of you. I searched everywhere and I could not get a direct answer so I'm going to tell you what I did to control it. Please notice that I said control. If I get off course it comes back like right now. lol. I'm not a doctor so I'm only telling you what I did.

first I went on Dherbs.com and I ordered Blood & Lymphatic pills. They are all natural herbs and plants that help to clean your blood. Second (here comes the painful part) I realized that I hadn't done cardio regularly for some time. So I went into the gym and got on the elliptical. Now anyone who suffers from this is cringing right now because cardio causes your body to warm up and that's what activates the itching pain. Yes it HURTS. I stayed on the eliptical for 25 mins and it literally took every bit of my will power (and some good music) to stay on. I started to SWEAT and after about 20 minutes the pain mysteriously decreased. It took me 3 DAYS but by the 3rd day it was barely noticeable and the 4th day I did not feel it at all. I even tested it by going up into my HOT attic during the summer and NO ATTACKS. I can't back up my experiment scientifically but I think it has something to do with blood flow. As long as I regularly do cardio (2-3 times a week) I'm perfectly fine. I mean I don't feel it at all. But if I take a week off, it comes right back in full effect. I haven't had an attack in probably 4 months and I kind of forgot about it. Well the last couple of weeks I've been slacking and it's BACK. But now I know exactly what to do but it still ****ing hurts for the few days hitting the cardio again. For anyone reading this who may take my advice, let me warn you again.

My solution is not for everyone, because most of you just won't be able to take the pain of forcing the itching to attack you. If you are in a cold climate then you might want to try and do it outside but that's a little harder because the itching will most likely force you to stop. Being on the Elliptical I just grab on to the handles and hold on for the ride. I told myself to welcome the pain. Don't scratch it, drink LOTS of cold water before, during and after. And if you just can't help your self keep a bag of ice and rub it on the itching. And consider doing this when a bunch of people aren't around because it will make you look like a crack head. lol. For those of you who have experienced this, you know what I mean. The key is to force yourself to sweat and somehow it helps. Like I said it takes me 2 or 3 days and it goes away but for some of you it might be longer or shorter.

Sorry for the length but I can really feel the pain and frustration of anyone experiencing this and hopefully this can help someone.

Phoenix2015 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DCLero View Post
    This seems to be rare and painful, so I felt like I needed to post this to maybe help someone who is experiencing this. I've also experienced this condition from taking Test. It literally feels like a hundred red ants trying to eat their way out of my skin or bees stinging you. It's not like getting punched this is annoying pain that when it hits you, especially the first time, can really scare the shit out of you. I searched everywhere and I could not get a direct answer so I'm going to tell you what I did to control it. Please notice that I said control. If I get off course it comes back like right now. lol. I'm not a doctor so I'm only telling you what I did.

first I went on Dherbs.com and I ordered Blood & Lymphatic pills. They are all natural herbs and plants that help to clean your blood. Second (here comes the painful part) I realized that I hadn't done cardio regularly for some time. So I went into the gym and got on the elliptical. Now anyone who suffers from this is cringing right now because cardio causes your body to warm up and that's what activates the itching pain. Yes it HURTS. I stayed on the eliptical for 25 mins and it literally took every bit of my will power (and some good music) to stay on. I started to SWEAT and after about 20 minutes the pain mysteriously decreased. It took me 3 DAYS but by the 3rd day it was barely noticeable and the 4th day I did not feel it at all. I even tested it by going up into my HOT attic during the summer and NO ATTACKS. I can't back up my experiment scientifically but I think it has something to do with blood flow. As long as I regularly do cardio (2-3 times a week) I'm perfectly fine. I mean I don't feel it at all. But if I take a week off, it comes right back in full effect. I haven't had an attack in probably 4 months and I kind of forgot about it. Well the last couple of weeks I've been slacking and it's BACK. But now I know exactly what to do but it still ****ing hurts for the few days hitting the cardio again. For anyone reading this who may take my advice, let me warn you again.

My solution is not for everyone, because most of you just won't be able to take the pain of forcing the itching to attack you. If you are in a cold climate then you might want to try and do it outside but that's a little harder because the itching will most likely force you to stop. Being on the Elliptical I just grab on to the handles and hold on for the ride. I told myself to welcome the pain. Don't scratch it, drink LOTS of cold water before, during and after. And if you just can't help your self keep a bag of ice and rub it on the itching. And consider doing this when a bunch of people aren't around because it will make you look like a crack head. lol. For those of you who have experienced this, you know what I mean. The key is to force yourself to sweat and somehow it helps. Like I said it takes me 2 or 3 days and it goes away but for some of you it might be longer or shorter.

Sorry for the length but I can really feel the pain and frustration of anyone experiencing this and hopefully this can help someone.
    Dude same here. It's like fire ants everywhere. In the spring and fall, I tried the cardio thing and it did stop after a few days. However, this spring has been hot and heavy and even walking outside is a pain. I've tried saunas, anti histamines (oral and spray) calamine lotion, nothing works. I don't mind the rash. It's the itching that's a bitch. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. It's totally ****ing up my workouts. Like I haven't been able to lift for a week and a half. Wtf!!!

OK well since this keeps betting bumped.... Have you guys checked your sensitive E2? It sound like hot flashes so I would give that a serious looking into first. Also get your vitamin test done and see if you are lacking in anything. D and E are usually the big ones. You can also try simply taking a benadryl once a day to see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    OK well since this keeps betting bumped.... Have you guys checked your sensitive E2? It sound like hot flashes so I would give that a serious looking into first. Also get your vitamin test done and see if you are lacking in anything. D and E are usually the big ones. You can also try simply taking a benadryl once a day to see if that helps.
    I've tried benadryl, Allegra, zyrtec and claritin. I even carry a bottle of benadryl spray. All to no avail. It's def not a hot flash, but more like clogged sweat pores and the itching is due to the sweat not being able to find an exit. I'd liken the aggravating factors and severe itching involved to those experienced by folks with heat hives (cholinergic urticaria). However instead of hives, the rash resembles a milaria rash (basically tiny blisters all over). Honestly it may not be the gear at all as I have experienced such symptoms in the past but it does seem overly intensified while on cycle. I'm gonna see a doc about a pulse dose of prednisone to see if it helps

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix2015 View Post
    I've tried benadryl, Allegra, zyrtec and claritin. I even carry a bottle of benadryl spray. All to no avail. It's def not a hot flash, but more like clogged sweat pores and the itching is due to the sweat not being able to find an exit. I'd liken the aggravating factors and severe itching involved to those experienced by folks with heat hives (cholinergic urticaria). However instead of hives, the rash resembles a milaria rash (basically tiny blisters all over). Honestly it may not be the gear at all as I have experienced such symptoms in the past but it does seem overly intensified while on cycle. I'm gonna see a doc about a pulse dose of prednisone to see if it helps
    Yeah well high estrogen can still make you feel like that but it would also explain the feeling warm. I did a quick google search and yes itching and rash came up a lot with high estrogen symptoms. Dont 2nd guess though, just get a sensitive E2 test done so at least you can rule that out.

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I had the same symptoms. Randomly something would set it off, almost always about 5-6 minutes into cardio, and when lifting heavy. It felt like hundreds of bees stinging me in my chest, back, head and arms. It would normally go away if I did cardio for another 2-3 minutes and stay gone till next time. It has went away for me. I started taking Zyrtec (centrizine) daily. After about 2 weeks it went away and has been gone for about 6 months now. I may have had something different because I had my left hip replaced and they had me on antibiotics for awhile. This kills some of the good bacteria in your digestive system and can cause a histamine intolerance. Just my story it may not relate to you. Hope you find the anwser because getting stung by a thousand bees everyday sucks.

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    Not to be funny, but is all this stuff pharmaceutical test? There's nobody out there adding DNP to some UGL stuff, is there?

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Yeah well high estrogen can still make you feel like that but it would also explain the feeling warm. I did a quick google search and yes itching and rash came up a lot with high estrogen symptoms. Dont 2nd guess though, just get a sensitive E2 test done so at least you can rule that out.

Update: So I went to get Test, E and Sensitive E2 levels checked 2 days ago (Thursday, today is Sat). I still don't think it's E2 and that was confirmed today sorta confirmed today; literally 1 minute after pinning the full dose (250 test-e, 100 test-p) I came close to an anaphylactic reaction. My lil bro's got real bad allergies so he keeps an epi pen at my place. I almost used it. I'm gonna suspend the pins for now and get a skin test done on Monday and update you guys. I think it is the brand of test I'm on. The shit is real good but I think I'm allergic to the oil being used (Cotton seed oil I think)

Quote Originally Posted by rhoag View Post
    I had the same symptoms. Randomly something would set it off, almost always about 5-6 minutes into cardio, and when lifting heavy. It felt like hundreds of bees stinging me in my chest, back, head and arms. It would normally go away if I did cardio for another 2-3 minutes and stay gone till next time. It has went away for me. I started taking Zyrtec (centrizine) daily. After about 2 weeks it went away and has been gone for about 6 months now. I may have had something different because I had my left hip replaced and they had me on antibiotics for awhile. This kills some of the good bacteria in your digestive system and can cause a histamine intolerance. Just my story it may not relate to you. Hope you find the anwser because getting stung by a thousand bees everyday sucks.
    Yea I used to be able to force through the fire ant feeling and once I sweated I was good but lately it's been intolerable. Tell me, did your skin break out in little blisters like 30 mins to an hr after the stinging started? And I agree, I avoid abx like a plague. Those things ruin gut homeostasis like a mother****er

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix2015 View Post
    Update: So I went to get Test, E and Sensitive E2 levels checked 2 days ago (Thursday, today is Sat). I still don't think it's E2 and that was confirmed today sorta confirmed today; literally 1 minute after pinning the full dose (250 test-e, 100 test-p) I came close to an anaphylactic reaction. My lil bro's got real bad allergies so he keeps an epi pen at my place. I almost used it. I'm gonna suspend the pins for now and get a skin test done on Monday and update you guys. I think it is the brand of test I'm on. The shit is real good but I think I'm allergic to the oil being used (Cotton seed oil I think)
    It's possible, Ive questioned in the past about cotton seed oil and possible peanut allergies being linked. What allergies do you have that you know of? Getting tested is a good idea of course. It's also why I use GSO but I dont have any reaction to CSO myself.

Run of the mill pollen, hay, dust and dust mites. Also had bad asthma as a kid. I don't have the best genes. I've been relatively allergy free for years though: So while I think it may be a CSO allergy, something must have happened recently to trigger it. CSO does smell nice though and this gear is freaking awesome so I hope it's just some random allergy to something easy to excise from my life like salad dressing :-)

Well they say allergies can change about every 7 years. Sometimes it's over exposure and under exposure so who really knows why but it does change. Test would be best. You could even self test. Get some cotton seed oil and put a little just under your skin. Thats what they do at the office anyways

joebailey1271 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    I used to get that insect bite itchy thing, I actually thought I was allergic to the test or oil its in, turns out I have a egg allergy. It was hard to figure out because I didn't get any symptoms right after I ate eggs, It would only start after 3 or 4 days of eating eggs, im not sure why but it must have built up in my system. So if I don't eat any eggs or peanut butter, no itch, also the sun would make it worse, especially wearing pants, my legs would itch like crazy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information