Thread: self injection

mekler is offline Associate Member

self injection

Just curious, how many of you inject yourselves and how many are assisted by another person? Easiest place to self inject? (with a minimal amount of discomfort afterwards I'm still a novice to all this and want to get my lifting down cold before I even consider gear, just a question that came accross my mind. Thanks all.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    My girlfriend does the honors for me this time around...

But I did self-inject on my first cycle. The easiest IMO is the quad shot. It’s a nice big muscle that's easy to get to. If you are reasonably flexible then go for the Glute, an even BIGGER muscle with fewer nerves. At any rate,, take your time and be sure to Aspirate !
    Ripper

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    I like sticking myself so I do all of my own injections.
    If I was to shoot the trap I would have someone do it for me....

kreper69 is offline Associate Member
    i do my own injections too. for minimal ammount of discomfort i would stick to the glutes, but like ripper said the quads are nice too. just make sure to aspirate , and massage the area you inject after you stick yourself.

still growin is offline Member
    I have done both. It is easier if someone who knows what they are doing does it. But The quad is the easiest if by yourself, glute I only do with help!

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    I prefere to do it myself because i know if i do anything wrong(like not aspirating) i have myself to blame. Why put your fate in the hands of another if not need be? Atleast that's how i feel about it. With miminal amount of discomfort i go for the quads or calves, goes in like a hot knife though butter.

Ironweb is offline Member
    Big Mike I self inject for the same reason's.

newone is offline Junior Member
    I've only injected in my glutes and quads. I never really have had any major pain. I let a friend give me my first shot and he forgot to assperate. I get peace of mind by doing my own. Next cycle I'll be hitting calves,bi's,tri's, and delt's.

BELLICOSE is offline Banned
    i find the delts to be the easiest to do by myself. It goes in easy with no pain at all.
    My quad is hard to get into, i have to push really hard to get it through and i have alot of nerves in my quads.
    You can't beat the good'ol glutes though, as long as you have some flexibility.

Damn man. Maybe it's just in my mind, but i can't bring myself to do delt injections. Do not ask me why, maybe i'll give it a try.

Monster i agree, when i was locked up i had to draw my own blood because the dumbass doc nurse didn't know what the fuck she was doing and messed up 3 times.. at that point i told her to give me the needle and drew my own blood without any problems, afterwards my arm was fucked for a few days thanks do a dumbass nurse who didn't know what the fuck she was doing.

alevok Guest
    I inject in my calves without any problem, bi's and tri's are harder cause you can use only one hand, so I depend on my buddy or a pharmacist to do bi's, tri's and delt's injection.

hav2lift is offline New Member
    Although new to this board, I have done many self-injections and helped many people with theres. Along with that I am an EMT and have worked in a hospital for a while now and have given numerous shots. When doing it myself, the glutes and the quads are the easiest. Just be sure to message the area and loosen up the muscle prior to injection. Every shot I have given on a tense muscle has ended up in a wicked looking lump on them.

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    I do my own injections, and I stick to the glutes. Its kinda tricky because you only get to work with one hand, but if you aspirate with your thumb, you'll be fine. I don't think that I'm aspirating correctly thus far, but I hope to change that in about 15 minutes. The left one is a little tricket too if your not left handed. I don't think it takes too much flexability, because I'm by no means flexable. I have never done it in the quads... do you use the same needle? Does anyone have any reference to the quad shots? I don't see it on spotinjections.

kreper69 is offline Associate Member
    "25 Gauge, 1.0 inch is ideal for injections into the quads and can be used for all spot injections." this is right from spotinjections bro

Originally posted by rampage76
    I do my own injections, and I stick to the glutes. Its kinda tricky because you only get to work with one hand, but if you aspirate with your thumb, you'll be fine. I don't think that I'm aspirating correctly thus far, but I hope to change that in about 15 minutes. The left one is a little tricket too if your not left handed. I don't think it takes too much flexability, because I'm by no means flexable. I have never done it in the quads... do you use the same needle? Does anyone have any reference to the quad shots? I don't see it on spotinjections.
    Just find a nice thick spot bro and let loose, that's what i do and no problems thus far.

Thread Information