Josoc10 is offline New Member

Whats the diffrence in shipping "goods?"

I have been thinking is their a diffrence how u send, ship, or recieve gear? Fed ex, ups, priority mail, 2nd day air, overnight, espress, 3 day. Seems like there many choices. How does safty, efficiency, and time play a role in all this. Are some packages scrutinized more depending on which mail service used?? Which do u favor and why.

DevilDog is offline Associate Member

Re: Whats the diffrence in shipping "goods?"

double post.
    Last edited by DevilDog; 10-09-2002 at 11:33 AM.

DevilDog is offline Associate Member

Re: Re: Whats the diffrence in shipping "goods?"

USPS will do random x-rays of packages. If its overnight, then the chances are pretty high it will be x-rayed since it will def be on a plane. In my experience, usps priority mail is fine. So far im 12-0.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Most seizures are due to poorly wrapped,boxed packages.

There are ways and means of ensuring safe delivery and global postal service normally does not cause problems.I believe sending anything express within the USA could lead to a higher seizure rate

newone is offline Junior Member
    I worked at UPS a few years back and my freind still does and there were no random x-rays on domestic packages. However every so often they would audit imported packages. Mostly they would have dogs searching for drugs, then they could x-ray it. Certain country are flagged and get audited more that others. But domestic and import package are not sorted together. Import has it own area. The only domestic packages I ever heard of getting seized were ones that were poor wrapped and busted open. They take them to repackage or tape them and out comes "whatever." Domestics in my option are gold, but imports a little more risky. I once ask a custom agent what they did if they caught a package. He said mostly seized the goods, they only went after large shipments. An area rug came in once all rolled up and in the center was like 20 pounds weed and they sat up a sting there but 20 pounds is a lot. I think if you only order small amount for yourself you will be OK. Also all UPS next day domestic packages are moved by plane and for now at least are not x-rayed. They may start using the explosive trace machines but this is based on scent and no x-rays at all.
    Last edited by newone; 10-09-2002 at 12:42 PM.

Thread Information