Diva is offline Female Member

How can insulin possibly be used for both?

Hi everyone. I generally post in the woman's area, but this question is not gender specfic so here we go.

I have always followed any threads on insulin with great interest, and intrigue. I also see sports suppliments coming out with pills that spike insulin. Even though I may think it is crazy to play with fire, I do believe that people well educated on insulin can definately benefit from it. I have never been a person to ever knock someone for trying something as long as they know what they are doing.

I do know people personally that have fantastic results and the most awesome muscle pumps from insulin use. However they use it for bulking.

Then there are other people whom use insulin for cutting, and also do the keto diet. I thought you cannot eat any sort of fats while taking slin. I know the keto diet is a high fat low carb diet. I also know that when you use slin you must take in a lot of carbs. When you are on the keto diet, I thought that you are not supposed to take in any carbs, at least not that many. Don't these things contradict each other?

I have also read that slin will put a person into ketosis in a few hours? How can this be since you must take carbs with insulin. I hope the question is not too confusing, but the whole insulin for cutting or bulking throws me right off.

Is there anyone that can explain how slin can be used for two totally different purposes that totally contradict each other? Also do true diabetics not take fats in after a insulin shot? I thought diabetics benefitted from a high fat, low carb and high protein diet, something like a keto diet. How do diabetics stay lean and build muscle on insulin? Sorry if I sound confused, but in reality, I really am.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I will give it my best shot. Insulin shuttles nutrients to the cells very quickly and in large quantities (protein, carbs, and yes fat). Since you can use it to get increased protein and carbs into the muscle it helps in bulking. However in the absence of carbs insulin can be used to quickly allow a person to enter a state of ketosis in hours rather then days. This allows a much longer time to burn fat for fuel. You don't take fat in when the insulin is active.

***Using insulin to get into a state of ketosis is very very dangerous. When you here of BB's going into an insulin coma or worse it is usually by using insulin in this manner. One slip up is all it takes when used like this.

nlarge is offline New Member

Well said!!!!

That is exactly right! I'll go one step further and tell you how to do it.

You would want humalog not R type insulin . Then you would use just 2-3iu every 2 hours throughout the day, Instead of the 10-20iu that people use when bulking. This way all your sugars and protein are going straight to muscles. Doing it this way you will hit ketosis in a matter of a day rather than a week.

***WARNING***
    Try this at your own risk. If you are not experienced with insulin you could be on the fast track to the ER.

Diva is offline Female Member
    Thanks for the input guys. I am not considering on doing this. I am just very curious by nature and like to ask questions when I don't fully understand something.

As for using insulin for ketosis, I really have to wonder whom experiemented with the idea to learn if it worked or not.

I have read that people just use insulin to cut at the end of a cycle though. They don't actually use it to go into ketosis. Can anyone explaining how this is possible?

Thread Information