cope is offline Junior Member

Receding Hairline (TestE/Deca/Masteron Cycle)

5'8 / 195 lbs

750MG test-e /week
    500MG deca /week
    400MG masteron -e/week

Im on week 8 of this cycle [running through 12-14]

Whatup guys. I just read about 30 threads on hair-loss, so I did use the search. Just wanted some clarification:

- Today I just noticed my hairline is receding. Its more receded' than normal for sure. [On both sides]

Should I order Propecia / Rogaine and some Nizoral 2% shampoo?
    Does anyone have any recommendations where to buy this stuff?
    Can someone clarify exactly what each of these things will do for me?
    Do I start using this stuff ASAP or on PCT?
    Is it possible the hair where it is receding will grow back
    Any other suggestions?

edit: one thing i wanted to note, i havnt noticed ANY Hair on my pillows/bed, or any hair falling out in the shower, and ive been checking my hair, pulling on it etc... i imagine this is not how receding hairline works anyway..?

Thanks for all help.
    Last edited by cope; 03-27-2008 at 05:35 PM.

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    Dont count on hair growing back.. I've tried very hard to find pictures of that, and u do not.. so I say they do not exist... they got some spotty pics.. but regular person pics.. like hey,, hair has fallen out.. now hey, hair is back pics.. there are none that i saw..

anyways..

yah get those things...

there is shedding 2 months after u start Propecia... but i would start taking it asap.. where the shed occurs, during cycle, during pct, or after cycle.. i dont think it matters much.... and yes shedding = more than likely more permanent hairloss. After that shed though, your hairline will be steady, unless u get off the propecia, than u shed more.

sitries is offline Associate Member
    iv never had any shedding with propecia before at all. nizorol is really good too! If i were you id drop the masteron aswel mate. its renound as being very harsh on the hairline!!!!

damn pooks! you got my scared as **** to use propecia lol. i dont think my situation i sthat bad.

you guys think i should just dead stop my masteron ???
    isnt deca /test just as well known for hair loss?

Also.. where the hell does the hair go that im losing? Does it just evaporate? I havnt noticed any hair strands leaving my head? im confused

Quote Originally Posted by cope View Post
    Also.. where the hell does the hair go that im losing? Does it just evaporate? I havnt noticed any hair strands leaving my head? im confused
    they should be falling off...
    they'll fall out and not be replaced.. or be replaced by thinner strained hair, or so thin they are invisible..

I guess a lot of times if its in the front, it might just be getting blown away by the wind who knows..

it happens gradually and slowly..

I usually go by the shower test..
    when I'm shedding i'll run my hand thru the hair, and i'll see 2-3 hairs on my hands..

if I see 0-1 hairs that i call it "stable"

i've been in the 0-1 range for a long time now...

but a few years back when i was on tren /prop/accutane with no hair protection.. i was looking at the 2-3+ hairs during a shower.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooks View Post
    they should be falling off...
    they'll fall out and not be replaced.. or be replaced by thinner strained hair, or so thin they are invisible..

I guess a lot of times if its in the front, it might just be getting blown away by the wind who knows..

it happens gradually and slowly..

I usually go by the shower test..
    when I'm shedding i'll run my hand thru the hair, and i'll see 2-3 hairs on my hands..

if I see 0-1 hairs that i call it "stable"

i've been in the 0-1 range for a long time now...

but a few years back when i was on tren/prop/accutane with no hair protection.. i was looking at the 2-3+ hairs during a shower.
    Can you expand on this 'hair protection'

i wanna stay on hair protection until im done with this cycle and thru PCT!

mx3
    mx3 is offline Senior Member
    not trying to hijack but I think this applies to this thread lets say your hair is receeding but your not prone to mpb and its just from the juice if you use nizoral 2% will you have to keep using it even when off cycle when your not losing hair basically if you use nizoral and are not prone to mpb will actually cause hair loss when you stop using it.

Quote Originally Posted by mx3 View Post
    not trying to hijack but I think this applies to this thread lets say your hair is receeding but your not prone to mpb and its just from the juice if you use nizoral 2% will you have to keep using it even when off cycle when your not losing hair basically if you use nizoral and are not prone to mpb will actually cause hair loss when you stop using it.
    shit! thanks.

im not prone to any hair loss off cycle..

so do you guys think i should be ****in with rogaine/nizoral etc?! what do i do

U did not hijack.. but u did confuse the thread..

All Nizoral does is act as an anti-inflammatory and also might have some anti-androgen properties.

----

it seems u are confusing it with propecia.. which halts the 5-ar enzyme, and therefore inhibits DHT production.

propecia messes with your hormones,, and that is probably a reason why it re-starts the shedding cycle of your hair, and gives u the shed that occurs around month 2.of being on it.. (which might not be anything major, just a 2 week lil shed, barely noticeable)

when u get off propecia.. another major hormone change will occur.. as DHT returns to influence the hair follicles.. so more shedding..

------------

hair protection... I just use nizoral right now actually, and a good oil-free shampoo and conditioner..

I have used Dutasteride similiar to propecia in the past, and played around with Spiro and rogaine.

Dutasteride wasn't bad, that is a good investment, but it also sheds on start up, and whenever u stop.

I just realized that at this point i can completely control hairloss with just nizoral and a good shampoo that keeps my hair oil free.. also making sure my hands are always cleaned with a good soap that takes oils off your hands.. after handling vials and needles with androgens on them.

I would think that if u got some steroid oil on your fingers, and u run your fingers thru your hair.. u're basically asking for shedding hahah..

so anyways thats it as far as my protection goes..

if hairloss accelerates back to 2-3 hairs during a shower, I'll jump on propecia or duta. and stay on it for life.. the doses don't have to be anything crazy i think with duta just 20mg's like 2-3 times a week will suffice.

I used to do 40mg's every day.. while on a cycle.. that was probably way overkill.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    5'8 / 195 lbs

750MG test-e /week
    500MG deca /week
    400MG masteron -e/week

Im on week 8 of this cycle [running through 12-14]

Whatup guys. I just read about 30 threads on hair-loss, so I did use the search. Just wanted some clarification:

- Today I just noticed my hairline is receding. Its more receded' than normal for sure. [On both sides]

Should I order Propecia / Rogaine and some Nizoral 2% shampoo?
    Does anyone have any recommendations where to buy this stuff?
    Can someone clarify exactly what each of these things will do for me?
    Do I start using this stuff ASAP or on PCT?
    Is it possible the hair where it is receding will grow back
    Any other suggestions?

edit: one thing i wanted to note, i havnt noticed ANY Hair on my pillows/bed, or any hair falling out in the shower, and ive been checking my hair, pulling on it etc... i imagine this is not how receding hairline works anyway..?

Thanks for all help.
    does your family history show balding?

Quote Originally Posted by ALIN View Post
    does your family history show balding?
    dad = 60 still has hair but just now losing a lot of it [not balding, but hes losin hair for sure]
    mom = still has a lot of hair
    grandpa on both sides: 80-90 still have hair
    grandma: 80 still hair

on paper i sound pretty good.. but my hairline seems like its gettin very receded right now

heres pics of my receding hairline! should i be concerned?! [well obviously .. but what the hell do i do?!]

PIC 1
    PIC 2
    PIC 3
    PIC 4
    Last edited by cope; 03-27-2008 at 08:12 PM.

mx3
    dad = 60 still has hair but just now losing a lot of it [not balding, but hes losin hair for sure]
    mom = still has a lot of hair
    grandpa on both sides: 80-90 still have hair
    grandma: 80 still hair

on paper i sound pretty good.. but my hairline seems like its gettin very receded right now

heres pics of my receding hairline! should i be concerned?! [well obviously .. but what the hell do i do?!]

PIC 1
    PIC 2
    PIC 3
    PIC 4
    thats about what mine looks like and I have no history of mpb.

thats about what mine looks like and I have no history of mpb.
    how old are you
    im 22

u give no frontal shots.. but if your front shot looks like shit.. with one of those stupid looping things down the middle.. than yah thats kind of like me..

GOOD reminder to trim this ****er down.

adude006 is offline Associate Member
    If you buy Propecia you'll have to stop deca too! Infact, i think deca stays in your system for sometime so wait until it goes away then start Propecia else you'll lose more hair...

Masteron also causes shedding but there's no protection against it. So stop that too. Many people use tropical spiro but it's effectiveness without any tropical absorption is under question if you read on any hair forums or talk with any doc. And you dont want it to be absorbed into the system. But as an oral it will work very well, infact there are quite a few oral anti-androgens like flutamide, Cyproterone acetate, etc that will work but they will give you some major side effects so best not to use them.

rogaine is good to use - but remember this is a lifelong thing. Can't stop it. If you do, whatever you grow WILL fall off - guranteed. So think about it...

However the real hair loss will occur towards the end of your pct, around the 1-2 months after your cycle. thats when you will get a good idea if the hair will grow back or continue to fall. With all my previous cycles the shed occured big time post cycle. I never saw any hair on my pillow or in the shower (except when i was on a superdrol/epistane cycle). With gear it seems like it just falls off quitely post cycle - at least in my case. lost a good inch of my hair line on the frontal sides in less than a yr.

However now i am not losing any more hair - started using folligen, emu oil, proscar (2.5mg) & a 3% Adenosine solution. Have regrowth too in the inner scalp, not on the front though.

but i'm going back on cycle again so hoping it stays the same...

^^^ same here.

I seem to lose the majority of my hair in PCT and 1-2 months afterwards..hm??

adude006 is offline Associate Member
    Yea it's kinda weird it takes so long for the hair to be attacked. I would think it should fall when all the androgens are floating in the system instead it falls off when everything returns to normal. Maybe some one with some bio knowledge can shed some light into this...

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Use everything you can man, i cant use rogain because it gives me bad sides it makes my heart rush and had me scared and runing to the hospital, thank god it wasnt anything serious its just how my body reacted to it. So unfortunately i cant use that.

I use Propecia because that keeps the hair i already have, it to some extent stops the conversion of test to DHT and that is what your hairs are sensitive to, so less DHT = Less hairloss = Good hairgrowth environment for all your hair both DHT-sensitive hairs and not.

Rogaine if you can tolerate it no problem then you can get generic from any store for very very cheap and it works externally on the hair and the skin, it widens blood vessels which makes more bloodlfow to the hair and more nutrition to it. Also the active ingredient Minoxidil keeps the hair in a growth phase so DHT can never put it into a dying/resting phase.

Nizoral is a contraversy, but i use it still because its great for anti-dandruff and keeping your scalp clean, and it makes your hair appear thicker and healthier. As for the hairloss prevention the active ingredient is said to have little DHT blocking/removing properties.

Depending on where you live in the world, there is an over the counter medicine called Betnovate Scalp lotion, i am sure you need prescription in the states but other places you dont, its basically a steroid type substance which forces your hair to grow out strong, if you use it twice a day for 2-3 months you will basically reverse any thinning or loss you had recently...key word RECENTLY! It does work but its not something you should use all year round, only think of it like a hair-PCT.

mx3
    how old are you
    im 22
    im 22

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Welll, to answer you question on when and how does it fall out... Pooks kind of touched on it, but you need to take a look at your hair brush... if it looks like a bunch of hair is on it ..you know how a womens brush looks, then that is where it is going... it's not gonna fall out like say a cancer patient on kimo(sp) therapy..... I started losing in my early 20's due to genetics... now I sport a baldy.... super sexy, and super clean.... I do miss my hair, so protect it if you can...my 2 cents.

Well I just found a patch of severely thinning hair just a little inward past my hair line on one side. Doesn't seem to be coming out anywhere else. I'm 22. I'm sure it's because I've been taking cancer medicine for two months. No chance it'll grow back, eh?

bbminded is offline Member
    dude your hair really doesnt look that bad i wouldnt have even noticed. but i can understand being paranoid. im the same way on a cycle to. i use nizoral shampoo seems to work ok!

mx3
    Quote Originally Posted by bbminded View Post
    dude your hair really doesnt look that bad i wouldnt have even noticed. but i can understand being paranoid. im the same way on a cycle to. i use nizoral shampoo seems to work ok!
    do you just use the nizoral on cycle? and do you use it everyday.

i use it all the time actually not everyday every 3 days or so keeps it from drying out i think!

nizoral doesnt cause shedding does it?

no the bottle says it controlls dandruf flaking and itching. but i guess its supposed to help stop shedding however not as strong as some of your other stuff like finastrede(sp) also in the states you can only buy the 1% nizoral which is what i have however they make a 2% but you would have to find a place online that sells it or go to your doctor. they say the 2% obvioulsy would work better!

mx3
    you can get 2% on ebay.

yep he is right i have seen them on there!!!

so should i pick up some nizoral or what?

what do you guys suggest. if im not predisposed to hair loss.. what can i use as a preventative and safe measure for on cycle and PCT.

thanks again all

so should i pick up some nizoral or what?

what do you guys suggest. if im not predisposed to hair loss.. what can i use as a preventative and safe measure for on cycle and PCT.

thanks again all

Dutasteride
    Nizoral 2%
    Spirolactonone (sp?)
    Rogaine foam (for vertex)

well, most aren't for hairline but they may help maintain your hairline..

Quote Originally Posted by Pooks View Post
    U did not hijack.. but u did confuse the thread..

All Nizoral does is act as an anti-inflammatory and also might have some anti-androgen properties.

----

it seems u are confusing it with propecia.. which halts the 5-ar enzyme, and therefore inhibits DHT production.

propecia messes with your hormones,, and that is probably a reason why it re-starts the shedding cycle of your hair, and gives u the shed that occurs around month 2.of being on it.. (which might not be anything major, just a 2 week lil shed, barely noticeable)

when u get off propecia.. another major hormone change will occur.. as DHT returns to influence the hair follicles.. so more shedding..

------------

hair protection... I just use nizoral right now actually, and a good oil-free shampoo and conditioner..

I have used Dutasteride similiar to propecia in the past, and played around with Spiro and rogaine.

Dutasteride wasn't bad, that is a good investment, but it also sheds on start up, and whenever u stop.

I just realized that at this point i can completely control hairloss with just nizoral and a good shampoo that keeps my hair oil free.. also making sure my hands are always cleaned with a good soap that takes oils off your hands.. after handling vials and needles with androgens on them.

I would think that if u got some steroid oil on your fingers, and u run your fingers thru your hair.. u're basically asking for shedding hahah..

so anyways thats it as far as my protection goes..

if hairloss accelerates back to 2-3 hairs during a shower, I'll jump on propecia or duta. and stay on it for life.. the doses don't have to be anything crazy i think with duta just 20mg's like 2-3 times a week will suffice.

I used to do 40mg's every day.. while on a cycle.. that was probably way overkill.
    2-3 hairs during shower?? They say healthy head of hair loses about 20-30 hair per day, just thru shedding action...(or a number close to this!) I would assume it isnt overkill to see 2-3 hairs during shower... I see about that every so often and I have full head o hair.. Also remember its normal for hair to thin out a bit as men approach their 30's and 40's.. kant keep the hair 4ever!! (I know some people do)... Ive been using Nizoral and havent really noticed a whole lot but its not getting any thinner so im assuming its doing something up there... I love Nizoral's motto.. "...The freedom will go to your head!!" lol..

Quote Originally Posted by bbminded View Post
    no the bottle says it controlls dandruf flaking and itching. but i guess its supposed to help stop shedding however not as strong as some of your other stuff like finastrede(sp) also in the states you can only buy the 1% nizoral which is what i have however they make a 2% but you would have to find a place online that sells it or go to your doctor. they say the 2% obvioulsy would work better!
    So that must mean that if you used the 10% one you'll look like chewbacca after a week!! lol

More the better!!!

Btw: I know 10% nizora dosent exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Panzerfaust80 View Post
    2-3 hairs during shower?? They say healthy head of hair loses about 20-30 hair per day, just thru shedding action...(or a number close to this!) I would assume it isnt overkill to see 2-3 hairs during shower... I see about that every so often and I have full head o hair.. A
    thanks man

i was wondering about this. ive been losing 2-3+ hairs when combing my hair after the shower ... even before i was on this cycle.

Thread Information