Baron is offline Associate Member

Any steroids that can help heal injuries?

I read deca can help heal a pulled/torn muscle. Is this true?

Nstart is offline Associate Member
    You don't really want to treat injuries with AAS. More then likely you will further injure yourself or delay proper healing.

BigMC is offline Junior Member
    Too answer your question, yes deca will aid in the healing process. While deca is an aas it is widely used in the medical community to aid in tissue rebuilding, as well as, several conditions that would cause severe swelling. Google "deca-durabolin medical uses" and you should find what your looking for. I tore my should shoulder last year and had a few other minor injuries and added deca (just 200mg/wk) to a cycle i was on and it made a huge differance.

But like Nstart said there are risk so make sure you know what your doing. You may even talk it over with your Dr. and make sure your helping the problem and not slowing it.

BigMC I am unaware of Deca being used to cure muscle injuries. What you are referring to had experience with is in the joints. It's well known to retain more water in connective tissue (elbows, shoulders, knees, etc...) but I've never heard of it being successfully used to cure torn muscles.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    As increase protein synthesis which allows muscle to repair quicker. That is what we are doing in the gym all the time - damaging muscle and then using AS to repair it bigger and stronger. AS would def help speed repair of muscular injury. Even better would be AS with GH and igf.

Quote Originally Posted by Nstart View Post
    BigMC I am unaware of Deca being used to cure muscle injuries. What you are referring to had experience with is in the joints. It's well known to retain more water in connective tissue (elbows, shoulders, knees, etc...) but I've never heard of it being successfully used to cure torn muscles.
    Thats what deca was made for. Outside of treating some cancers linked to anemia, the medical world uses it to quicken the tissue rebuilding process. Medical doses are only 50mg-200mg weekly. So for those injecting 400-600mg a week its easy to see how those little injuries that can pop up from time to time quickly go away. Its not a cure just a way to speed things up. And ill agree with you 100% about the joints. Its the best lube going

VIPLV is offline Junior Member
    That's the only Lube you'll be getting if you're using Deca !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001 View Post
    As increase protein synthesis which allows muscle to repair quicker. That is what we are doing in the gym all the time - damaging muscle and then using AS to repair it bigger and stronger. AS would def help speed repair of muscular injury. Even better would be AS with GH and igf.
    ok so 500mg of test a week will help a pulled hamstring? sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMC View Post
    Thats what deca was made for. Outside of treating some cancers linked to anemia, the medical world uses it to quicken the tissue rebuilding process. Medical doses are only 50mg-200mg weekly. So for those injecting 400-600mg a week its easy to see how those little injuries that can pop up from time to time quickly go away. Its not a cure just a way to speed things up. And ill agree with you 100% about the joints. Its the best lube going
    Looks like I was wrong and I learned something new at the same time.

Thanks for not flamming me BigMC for being wrong! I know most members on here would have.

Too answer your question, yes deca will aid in the healing process. While deca is an aas it is widely used in the medical community to aid in tissue rebuilding, as well as, several conditions that would cause severe swelling. Google "deca-durabolin medical uses" and you should find what your looking for. I tore my should shoulder last year and had a few other minor injuries and added deca (just 200mg/wk) to a cycle i was on and it made a huge differance.

But like Nstart said there are risk so make sure you know what your doing. You may even talk it over with your Dr. and make sure your helping the problem and not slowing it.
    so if an athlete is prone to these types of injuries, would adding deca be a wise idea?

CollegeBoy85 is offline New Member
    I have read about deca helping but any Juice in general that increases red blood cells would in theory help in the healing process. But its like killing a bug with a shotgun its too much for a little thing. Just listen to the doc bro. Take it easy, eat good, and add a little heat for increase in blood flow.

I think there is a fine line what any aas will do for a muscle injury vs a tendon or ligament injury. So make sure it is actually a muscle your trying to fix. Rest is the best thing for any injury. If its little and you can work through it great. But sometimes you have to know to lay off and let the healing process take place.

Nstart Im not a flamer at all. I spent years reading about the good, the bad, and the ugly. I just pass on what I have read. Trust me I getted flamed plenty for giving my 2 cents

BuffBuffalo is offline Senior Member
    Great thread. Other than the dd of course, deca just seems like a great compound.

Trust me I getted flamed plenty for giving my 2 cents
    dont we all =)

Orion811 is offline Junior Member
    What about Equipoise , I know it's similar to Deca , and I have a shoulder and a neck I'm hoping will heal up. The shoulder may be a rotater cup (sp?).

Quote Originally Posted by Orion811 View Post
    What about Equipoise, I know it's similar to Deca, and I have a shoulder and a neck I'm hoping will heal up. The shoulder may be a rotater cup (sp?).
    Yeah im planning on using eq for my next cycle and hope it will keep me injury prone.

bump for more info on the matter

Orion811 is offline Junior Member
    I'm using Deca now and getting better joint healing than with the EQ. I just went through an arthroscopy of my left knee and I think the deca helped to get back to speed quite a bit faster. Plus my neck and shoulder seem to be firming up quite well. The joints overall seem to be getting more solid/firm/durable.

39+1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron View Post
    I read deca can help heal a pulled/torn muscle. Is this true?
    Im torn between yes and no. taking drugs to help heal will give you a false sense of security because when you on juice your invulnerable. Tha why a lot of people that play sport dont hurt during the cylce becuase all of the micro trauma is covered up and it not until you decondition, and that what happens when you come off, that you feel the small little pains.
    Sure they will heal you faster but you also more inclined to over train and injure it worse.

TJM7275 is offline Banned
    I used Deca after my shoulder surgery, self medicating of course. Seemed to heal quicker, but it could have been in my head

Quote Originally Posted by 39+1 View Post
    Im torn between yes and no. taking drugs to help heal will give you a false sense of security because when you on juice your invulnerable. Tha why a lot of people that play sport dont hurt during the cylce becuase all of the micro trauma is covered up and it not until you decondition, and that what happens when you come off, that you feel the small little pains.
    Sure they will heal you faster but you also more inclined to over train and injure it worse.
    It seems alot of people have mixed feelings on the subject. Some say steroids definetly help heal a pulled muscle, some say they make it worse. I recently read somewhere that a sprinter healed a torn hamstring on 50mg of Anavar . Apparently they shouldav been out for 3 months but got back to training in 2 weeks. Pretty amazing recovery, i think im willing 2 atleast try it. Unfortunetly i dont have any anavar at the moment, just regular test-cyp, dbol , and drol. Dunno if that will work as well has the var.

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    This makes me consider more options for my first cycle...
    Right now I'm planning a Test E only cycle but I do have joint problems and thats why I've been spending the last few months and planning on spending the next 3 months on building joint strength. That being said would adding the deca be a good idea for a first cycle for someone who is joint injury prone or should I just stick with the test e and animal flex for joint health?

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    Baseball players are notorious for getting off the DL quicker by using var. Just a fun fact. I think it's more for drug testing purposes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Baseball players are notorious for getting off the DL quicker by using var. Just a fun fact. I think it's more for drug testing purposes though.
    yeah ive been hearing some really great things about var.

Thread Information