peaker is offline Senior Member

liver value and gear!

i'm planning to start a cycle in the next few weeks but have some concern over one of my liver values. A few years ago i was told by my doc that i had Gilberts disease, a condition that is basically symptom less which many males have but they dont realise. The condition results in one of the liver values, bilirubin to be higher than normal and exceeds the boundaries of a normal level.

My doc said that it will not effect me in anyway apart from having that one high liver value, all my other values were perfect, and that i should just forget it. So i am just wondering if taking gear will cause problems related to it.

Here is a quick explaination below:

Bilirubin is a yellow pigment released from dead red blood cells into your bloodstream. Recent research shows that having high blood levels of bilirubin may help prevent heart attacks.

Researchers at the University of in Utah School of Medicine showed that men and women with high blood levels of bilirubin have an extraordinarily low chance of getting heart attacks and those with low blood levels were at significantly increased risk for developing heart attacks.

Red blood cells last about 120 days, then burst and release a pigment called bilirubin into the bloodstream. The liver picks it up, converts it to bile and it flushes it from your body. The liver of some people cannot convert bilirubin into a form that is easily removed, so bilirubin rises to higher-than-normal levels. Since high blood levels of bilirubin are associated with liver disease and certain type of anemia, doctors often order extra tests whenever a person has high blood levels of bilirubin. 5% of Americans have high blood levels of bilirubin and suffer no ill effects from it. These people are usually told that they have Gilbert's disease and have nothing wrong with them. Now we learn that not only is Gilbert's disease not harmful, it may prolong life by preventing heart attacks. The bad LDL cholesterol in your bloodstream must be converted to oxidized LDL before it can form plaques in arteries. Bilirubin helps to prevent oxidized LDL cholesterol from forming and therefore prevents heart attacks.

peaker

bump

Jaguar is offline Associate Member
    No idea myself Peaker mate, but will give it a BUMP for someone that might..

help him out bros

Jaguar

Sir Victorian guy, V.C. is offline Knight of the Garter and Member of the Victorian Order
    Get your liver values checked before you start your cycle. Then, perhaps 6 weeks into your cycle, get them checked again- if the gear is causing problems, simply taper down, take clomid, and don't do it again- or stick to gear like decca and fairly low doses.
    I have had my liver values checked a few times, and despite anadrol , test, then dbol , they were within the normal range. And add a weekly alcohol binge(not doing that anymore) into the picture. I think the hepatoxicity of gear is exaggerated.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Peaker,
    I read about 30 abstracts on Gilbert's disease and billirubin blood levels. I found what you basically already know that it is a very benign disease which may even be considered beneficial especially in counteracting heart disease. I couldn't find anything that directly cross referenced AAS use with Gilbert's disease. My guess is that it would not cause a problem however in this case I think it would be best that you mention to a doctor that you have Gilbert's disease and are considering Hormonal replacement treatment just to make sure it is safe.

Originally posted by Rickson
    Peaker,
    I read about 30 abstracts on Gilbert's disease and billirubin blood levels. I found what you basically already know that it is a very benign disease which may even be considered beneficial especially in counteracting heart disease. I couldn't find anything that directly cross referenced AAS use with Gilbert's disease. My guess is that it would not cause a problem however in this case I think it would be best that you mention to a doctor that you have Gilbert's disease and are considering Hormonal replacement treatment just to make sure it is safe.
    thanks for your help mate

peaker

Thread Information