2timer is offline Senior Member

should I go against the doctor's orders

well the results are in my blood test shows my liver function is to high.
    the doctor told me to wait untill my liver is back to normal. then she told me dont take even protein shakes for the rest of my life its not good for you blah blah blah and I said about anabolic roids she almost slapped me! anyways besides the point I have already bought clen , deca winny, test and I was so eager to use it but what should I do help? I need to use them I have waited for so long man! should I go against the doctor becuase this doctor was a very "keep yourbody healthy blah blah blah!" she had no edge if you know what I mean. help? help? should I get a another doctor's opinion?

MMA Junkie is offline Junior Member
    Second opinion.

Big_Dippin is offline Associate Member
    I would get a second and third opinion. Better safe than sorry!

how do you find the right doctor its so hard man!

something extra, I went research and I found that so many people have high liver function and its nothin seroius. I am on a very high protien diet and on clen and e/c/a cycle. could this be one of the reason my liver ast level is high? my creatine and cholestrol is perfect.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Definetly go get a second opinion! For my work I go to one of the local Univerities team doctor. She's pretty experienced with athletes being on and knows how to handle it. I guess I'm just lucky.

Mastiff is offline Member
    I just read that heavy weightlifting can elevate your liver function results. Most doctors don't know that. I'll try to find that thread and post it. It shows what to look for to find out if its exercise that elevated your liver function. When I find it, I'll post the thread here.

sd11 is offline Banned
    2timer I'm sure your fine anyone on a high protein diet in combination with strenuous exercise will have elevated liver values

RubaHed is offline New Member
    First, get a copy of your blood test. Find out which values are high, such as the ALT and the AST etc. Next find out what you're doing to make them high. Mine are high because of Hep C, but the doc still gives me 2cc's test a month. Winstrol tabs elevated mine too. He told me to cut out the protein powder, but I know the real cause was the 50 mg win tabs. Maybe they're high just from working out and it's nothing to worry about. Are you taking any meds that might make them high? How do you feel? are you tired a lot?
    And like everyone else said. Get a second opinion.
    If you want to ask me any questions about my test and I'm getting another one in 2 more weeks, e-mail me.

Mike P (RubaHed)

ripped_82 is offline Member
    Well if you would like a Natural Doctors Medical advice, here it is.

Alpha-lipoic acid, a pwerful antioxidant, has been used successfully to treat alcohol-induced liver damage. It aids in protecting the liver and pancreas from alcoholic damage.

Milk thistle: Protects the liver from toxins and pollutants by preventing free redical damage and stimulates the production of new liver cells. Also protects the kidneys. Good for gallbladder and adrenal disorders, inflammatory bowel disorders, psoriasis, weakened immune system, and ALL liver disorders. Has shown anticancer effects against prostate cancer and breast cancer.

Use these supplements for one month, and go have your liver enzyme levels checked after. I would personaly love to be there when that same doctor see's the results. I mean that in a good way

I just bought Milk thistle and I am planning to use it

just a question does milk thistle have any side effects.. and that doctor was an idoit I will for sure get a second opinion. one more question if I uses roids during the milk thistle treatment is that going to be bad or it doesnt matter my liver function will come down?

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    did u take ephedrine on the day of ur tests?? i beleive it can affect ur results I am not 100% sure just something I think i read, can anyone clarify? i may be wrong??

peace

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    I think the biggest problem with doctors these day is that on average they no nothing about bodybuilding and supplements. My doctor is the same way. dont take protein shake, no creatine no fat burners, all of the to are completlky unhealthy. in some sense he is right... to much of anything is unhealthy. but come on no protein shakes...lol
    doctors should be giving advice on that shit as far as i am concerned. they arnt propely or formaly trained in sports nutrition.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Go on a detoxification cycle first. Take antioxidents and liver cleansers for about 8 weeks and see where you are then.

Take the time to clean up a bit then get another opinion. It is obvious that this was just another old school opinion from a uninformed medical professional. Find another doctor that looks to have some experience in sports medicine or athletes. You should be able to pick a new primary care provider... and then tell him/her why you were unsatisfied with your last app.

The Original Jason, YES i AM ON XENDRENE AND CLEN cycle so thats what I thought would elevate my liver function too. My ast(aminotransferese) was too high and plus I have been on roids cycle before such as sustenon250(russian) and winny 50 mg tabs! just 6 months ago and also I did a creatine cycle during summer too so that

combolic is offline Junior Member
    Go 4 a second opinion, and if it gives the same result - take a break. Its not worth risking your health Bro.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    ask her to slap you and then tell her it turns you on
    abstrack@protonmail.com

desert rat is offline Junior Member
    If your liver is healthy you should be able to tell by stopping roids/supps for about 6-8 weeks and then checking your bilirubin if they're normal then you're fine.

Thread Information