Jimmy_Bravo is offline Associate Member

Cool First Injection help.

Hey guys, I'm ready to do my first injection ever very soon. I was getting prepared for a glute shot, but realized I'm not that flexable. Maybe once I get more comfortable with injecting myself I'll do the glutes, but for now I need to find the easiest place for me to shot. I was thinking about the Quads. I have 22 guage 1" half needles. Any thoughts on this guys? I think I'll check out siteinjections.com agian.
    Thanks,
    Jim,

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I personaly like quad injection the best. You'll be OK with a 1.5 needle just leave it 1/2 inch out . BTW the site is spotinjections.com not site.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Do the glutes. Do a couple dozen dry runs with syringe only, no pin. Go through the motions of aspiration, etc.

Lets say you are shooting the left cheek. Try to get your right hand around and back there to help support the rig, and hold it steady while you aspirate . Also, when you inject, shoot just a little, maybe 2/3 cc and release the rig and re-grip it, then shoot some more, repeating until the rig is empty. This ensures that the pin remains close to the angle and depth that it was originally inserted. All that wiggling the pin around will form more scar tissue and also make it ache more.

Quads hurt more. Believe it! Maybe if you had a smaller pin... 22ga is bigger than I like for quads. I have used as small as 25, though it is slow as hell for anything over 1cc. 23ga is good. First time you shoot quads, if you are shooting more than 2cc, try split it between both legs (changing the pin, of course), unless you have some pretty tremendous thighs. 3cc in glutes is no biggie. In the quads, it can be a bit much.

Well, I just finished my first injection into my quads. I couldn't believe it! I felt absolutely no pain whatsoever! It went in smooth, I did the aspirate , then slowly injected. Now I'm just massaging the muscle. So far there's no pain at all. When should I expect ant pain in my quad?
    Thanks for all the help guys. I was a litle scared about the glute because it was hard for me to see well, and get a firm grip on the needle. I will definetely shoot the glutes once I'm more confortable with the process.

I'll tell ya though, was I ever shaking!

RON
    .Baron I disagree bro. When I first started quads I was using an 18ga pin. Yes that is like a horse needle and I don't recommend that anywhere. Once I switched to 23 and 22 ga I have had Hardly any pain for the last few cycles

RON
    WELCOME BRO The first few are hard. I took me like an hour my first time.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Welcome - mmwwaaaaa hahaha...

What is the cycle? I had knots the first 7 or 8 times but after that it is hardly noticable.

I'm serious, I didn't feel anything! How long untill it starts to hurt though? My cycle is:
    Deca - 400mg/week ( 10 weeks )
    Sust- 500mgs/week ( 10 weeks )
    Dbol - 35mgs/day ( 4 weeks )

Well, the lure of the darkside claims yet another victim. Man, it feels good!

David B. is offline Member
    Originally posted by RON
    [BWhen I first started quads I was using an 18ga pin. Yes that is like a horse needle and I don't recommend that anywhere. [/B]
    YEEOUCH!!!!! Were you injecting, or taking a friggin' biopsy?

--dnb

Now that I've shot the right Quad, I'm going to want to alternate injection sites right? I was thinking of maybe doing the left quad next time, then right glute, left glute, then right quad agian. Anyway, is this sorta how it's done?

It may not. My early Deca and Primo shots knotted right away and stayed through out the day.

The only problem was hitting a nerve or something one day that gave me a blood trickle - no big deal though. After I ate I felt better and I just had a bruise like yellowing for a few days from the blood between the skin. Probably something that is invetible from time to time since the aspiration showed no signs of blood before sending it in.

AnabolLecter75 is offline Junior Member
    Congrats Bro! I had the same shaking problem my first injection as well. It was in the quad as well, and I thought I was going to shake the damn needle apart. Gets easier though, and makes for a fond memory.

Originally posted by Jimmy_Bravo
    I'm serious, I didn't feel anything! How long untill it starts to hurt though?
    Maybe never.

I'm entering the last week of my first cycle, and none of my injections have resulted in the slightest bit of drama. No pain, no blood, no lumps.

--dnb

Now that I've shot the right Quad, I'm going to want to alternate injection sites right? I was thinking of maybe doing the left quad next time, then right glute, left glute, then right quad agian. Anyway, is this sorta how it's done?
    That is this cat's protocal...

There was a slight trickle of blood from the hole. Very little though, so no big deal. What days, and what time of day do you guys inject?

RON
    I just alternate quads if I'm only shooting twice a week.

Ya, I'll be shooting twice a week.

RON
    Originally posted by David B.

YEEOUCH!!!!! Were you injecting, or taking a friggin' biopsy?

--dnb
    Let me just say that after an 18 ga pin I though pain was just part of the game. Thank god I found 23 ga pins. It was easy to draw though

Hey Ron, I just noticed your signature. Good work bro! You've got some great info in there.

There was a slight trickle of blood from the hole. Very little though, so no big deal. What days, and what time of day do you guys inject?
    In my earlier post I meant to say more than a trickle... you usually get a red blood spot after pulling out which you easily rub off with your alcohol pad. When I hit that nerve it was a constant trickle.

AM injections for me... like on member said once - "a good way to start the day off right..."

RON
    Hey Ron, I just noticed your signature. Good work bro! You've got some great info in there.
    Thanks bro I would like to take credit but A lot of the mods copied Excess's signature

Oh, well good work from all you mods.

I'm serious, I didn't feel anything! How long untill it starts to hurt though? My cycle is:
    Deca - 400mg/week ( 10 weeks )
    Sust- 500mgs/week ( 10 weeks )
    Dbol - 35mgs/day ( 4 weeks )

Well, the lure of the darkside claims yet another victim. Man, it feels good!
    I am assuming you are shooting twice a week, with a vial of deca and an amp of sust at a go. Usually, 250mg of sust at one site will cause some soreness the next day that lasts 2 days or so, even with careful injection technique, from the test propionate . You might have some really mellow stuff... or (I hope not but it happens) fake stuff, or you are not sensitive to the prop, or you just don't feel pain. (GRRRR!!!!!)

I only tried quads once and didn't like it there. It ached like nobody's business and the injection itself was a bit uncomfortable. Glutes were better for me. That sucker just glided right in there. I used 22ga except for a few 23ga I had given to me. Next time I will go with 23 all the way, and experiment with some site injections using 25's.

Originally posted by RON
    .Baron I disagree bro. When I first started quads I was using an 18ga pin. Yes that is like a horse needle and I don't recommend that anywhere. Once I switched to 23 and 22 ga I have had Hardly any pain for the last few cycles
    All I can say is you are a better man than me!

18 is nice for drawing up, though. Sucks that juice up like sodapop through a straw.

Originally posted by RON

Let me just say that after an 18 ga pin I though pain was just part of the game. Thank god I found 23 ga pins. It was easy to draw though
    Don't you alternate pins? I use 18 to draw, and 23 to inject.

--dnb

DevilDog is offline Associate Member

Re: First Injection help.

Hey guys, I'm ready to do my first injection ever very soon. I was getting prepared for a glute shot, but realized I'm not that flexable. Maybe once I get more comfortable with injecting myself I'll do the glutes, but for now I need to find the easiest place for me to shot. I was thinking about the Quads. I have 22 guage 1" half needles. Any thoughts on this guys? I think I'll check out siteinjections.com agian.
    Thanks,
    Jim,
    I dont mind injecting anywhere. I do prefer the glutes and delts. My quads get real sore when i inject them and I cant lift. With glutes, it doesnt matter how sore you get you can still lift. The last thing you want is to be so sore you cant lift while you are on your cycle; then its just a waste of gear.

Thread Information