xxxl83 is offline Productive Member

Hardgainers part 2 a must read The Skinny Bastard Diet

A.K. BOY is offline Associate Member
    nice freakin post man

5minsforfighting is offline Associate Member
    nice post .. lots of great info for us hardgainers...

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    Not too shabby

Bump
    good info, people could put it to use.
    Stay Strong

bump

Bump
    I'm trying to keep this at the top because on my original "Hardgainers do they really exist" thread alot of people said they were infact Hardgainers so this is to help them out. There are alot of good points and tips in this article that members may be able to put to use.
    I want to see EVERYONE get big and strong.

xxxl83

love2lift is offline New Member
    good post, lots of good info in there....i just wanted to clerify one thing which is about the fish oil capsules...i'm not too familiar with them..I just wanted to see if anyone could educate me a little more on them.
    Peace

bigtraps is offline Member
    Great Post....Great read...
    I am no skinny punk, but man all i hear from those skinny dudes is " Man I Eat So Much" I am printing this off any taking it with me to the gym for a few of my string boys..

Jimmy_Bravo is offline Associate Member
    I used these same principals to go from 150lbs to 215lbs in a little over a year. Juice free.

hammerhead is offline Member
    I'm one of those guys he wants to bitch-slap. I was 6' 125lbs when I started lifting. I made it all the way up to 6' tall and 155 lbs with alot of protein shakes and alot of iron plates and steroids . I really did eat 4000+ calories a day - I counted them - and gained almost nothing until I did steroids.

I got so tired of everyone asking me "why don't you eat" I wanted to bitch-slap them and guys like the one who wrote that article. Hey - eat this!

Today i'm around 185lbs. The bulk of my recent success came from eating high protein high carbohydrate (low sugar) and low fat diets and working out hard. And mostly from getting older and watching my metabolism slow down alot. Today I am "Arnold" compared to what I used to be.

To all you hard-gainers out there - don't worry too much about what alot of people say. Unless you've been there you're not qualified to run your mouth about it.

I have a hard time understanding why people cannot lose weight - lose body fat. All I gotta do is think about it and i'll lose weight. If I stop trying to gain weight i'll lose weight. That doesn't give me the right to shoot my mouth off at "all you fat bastards" out there now does it?

(BTW - In all honesty I understand where the guys coming from. I've shot my mouth off before in anger at people who were unable to lose weight and just weren't really doing anything serious to get results)

I appreciate the post. I appreceiate the information in that article. I don't appreciate the attitude in that article.

hammerhead is offline Member
    Oops I got so tied up in attitude I forgot the point of my post!

I did gain weight on steroids but I lost almost all of it with time. One day a BB suggested a diet to me much like what this guy is touting. It worked! I was able to gain weight and keep it! All from diet changes.

"Diet" did work once I got older and my metabolism slowed down. It didn't seem to work when I was college-age and had the metabolism of a hummingbird on crack. But back then I was just eating "alot" period. I didn't focus on the content of what I was eating! A targeted diet may have been what I was needing all along. I'll never know.

If you're a hard-gainer i'd recommend you try a diet like this. It might work. This assumes you're otherwise healthy.

A word of caution though: a huge change in your diet can cause strange results in different people. I found it hard to concentrate on that diet. But I had energy out the wazoo. Other people get depressed ect.

BTW I still eat a controlled diet and always will. Diet is 85% of your success in the gym! Great post!

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    You are rare hammerhead. I talk to the skinny guys at the gym and they eat 2-3 meals a day and a shake and think they eat a ton. Good article.

Thread Information