Rugby13 is offline Member

Equi or Deca...which one?

Just wondering which one you bros prefer if you had to choose and why?

projectsherv is offline Associate Member
    do a search on this topic, it has been discussed several times in the past few weeks alone.

4plates is offline Banned
    i prefer to ues eq,the quality of muscle is better,but not as much!
    deca tends to hold more water so more is lost post cycle.
    it is alot easier to control unwanted sides with eq

so you keep most equi gains right. I'm thinking of doing Equi 300mg/week and test 400mg/week
    Thats all I have

POWERSTROKE is offline Associate Member

EQ NO DECA !!!

EQ all the way. When I came off Deca /Test I was so depressed I was suicidal, I actually got sent away for it. During the cycle the Deca worked, But my unit didn't. I also had alot of water retention, I will never touch Deca again. Deca may work better for some people, but it definitly wont go into my body again.

Tom
    Tom is offline Associate Member
    Besides that it shuts you down way to hard. Takes a long time to get your balls up and running. Anyone know why it shuts you down so hard?

DevilDog is offline Associate Member
    EQ

goldenear is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Tom
    Anyone know why it shuts you down so hard?
    some believe that nandrolone has the tendency to re-esterfy itself, thus sticking around longer that you expect it. Another theory is that it's the progestagenic action that is so suppressive.

Mike62200 is offline Associate Member
    im about to start the same cycle. ive got 10cc test and 50cc equi. its my first cycle i've been told it is a good one for my first time. let me know how it works out for you

Doesn't look like I'll be getting the equi.....source fell through so I geuss I'll stick to the fina home made =)

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by Tom
    Besides that it shuts you down way to hard. Takes a long time to get your balls up and running. Anyone know why it shuts you down so hard?
    Deca shuts you down from the Testes and does not effect LH secretion.

From a "source":

"Pretty much all the printed literature that is available is outdated and incorrect in many ways. From my research i've found many interesting things. More than likely the reason that Deca became popular was many athletes were using it back in the day. At the time, Deca didn't show on the drug tests they used. This lead people to believe that if star athletes were using it, then it has to be the shit.

"I think Deca itself has no special joint healing ability's over any other steroid that causes water retention. I've seen others use it for this reason with no reduction in joint pain. There has also been a few studies done on Deca in the last few years showing that it does cause prolonged supression Testosterone . But the interesting find was that Deca doesn't suppress LH, therefor leading to less Testosterone production, but has a direct effect upon the Testes itself. This would propbably make clomid farely useless for recovery.

"Also, for almost everyone I know that has used Deca it has a negative effect upon the CNS. Mainly causing extreme lethargy and the feeling of always being tired. In my opinion and experiences the negatives greatly outweight the positives with this drug for most. I will say there is exceptions. My friend that I have on a cycle currently is taking Test/Deca at 800mgs of each a week. He is one of the few that can tolerate Deca and actually prefers it.

"I would say per milligram Deca and EQ are equally anabolic . EQ is also cheaper, has practically zero side effects, and doesn't cause water retention. When it comes down to it, you can't just go on what other people say or have been told. Everyone's chemistry is different and you need to find what works best for you. For me, Deca is a useless steroid as Trenbolone is far better in every way for a class-1.

"Deca does have a direct suppression upon the Teste's, while not affecting your LH levels. This does not increase the amount of LH, rather it remains the same while your testosterone takes a serious plunge. Now if you add another androgen such as Test, your LH levels will drop. But it won't matter because your Testes are no longer responding to the LH because of the suppression upon the Testes Caused by the Deca. The article was in Muscular Developement earlier this summer. It originally came out of the J.A.M.A. or similar Medical Magazine.

"Ok, good question you ask "Why wouldn't a drop in testosterone levels induce an increase in LH?" First of all the suppression is directly at the Testes leaving the LH unresponsible. Usually it's the drop in LH responsible for the drop in Test, that being "old feedback mechanism at work" Even if the suppression of Test from Deca were to cause a huge response in LH, it would not make any difference because your testes are not responding to it. This is why soooo many people have a hard time recovering from Deca. Clomid doesn't really have a positive affect because clomid will affect LH levels. Just another reason i'll never use deca...."

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    While deca does have a negative feedback on nerve growth it also lowers LH levels. Here is a recent study on aids patients that showed a significant reduction in LH and FSH levels in aids patients given 100 mg of Deca once a week for 3 to 6 months.

Effects of Anabolic Steroids on Lean Body Mass
    In subjects taking either oral or parenteral anabolic steroids , weight gain occurs because of enhanced synthesis of protein, which is secondary to stimulation of anabolic receptors in muscle cells. However, some of the weight gain associated with their use is the result of retention of sodium and water.
    The effects of anabolic steroids on protein synthesis and nitrogen balance are most evident in hypogonadal men, prepubertal males, and women. In eugonadal men, anabolic steroids produce only a brief period of positive nitrogen balance and no lasting effect on protein synthesis and muscle mass.

Much of what is known about the effects of anabolic steroids has been derived from anecdotes and observational studies. Most of the use of these drugs has been clandestine, and very little controlled research has been done on these compounds.

In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of nandrolone decanoate in 29 patients undergoing dialysis, the outcomes measured were weight, LBM, fatigue, grip strength, walking and stair-climbing times, and treadmill performance.[13] Either nandrolone decanoate, 100 mg, or placebo was administered once a week for 3 to 6 months. Lean body weight increased by an average of 4.5 kg (9.9 lb) in the drug group (P < .001 compared with baseline weights), whereas the increase in lean body weight in the placebo group was an average of 1.9 kg (4.2 lb). However, average gain in total body weight was similar in the 2 groups (1.8 kg [4 lb] and 1.4 kg [3 lb], respectively), whereas the decrease in fat content was 2.4 kg (5.3 lb) in the drug group versus 0.4 kg (0.9 lb) in the placebo group. Thus, the patients receiving nandrolone decanoate lost fat and gained LBM, but the patients receiving placebo displayed very little change in fat and LBM. An increase in the average serum level of creatinine was additional evidence suggesting that the patients receiving nandrolone decanoate had achieved an increase in muscle mass. Also, various parameters of functional assessment showed improvement in the drug group.[13]

Why the patients who received placebo experienced weight gain is not known. However, it is a confounding variable that must be taken into consideration in the design of studies of testosterone and the anabolic steroids.

As might be expected, the serum levels of testosterone , FSH, and LH decreased significantly in the patients receiving nandrolone decanoate. This effect occurs because testosterone and the anabolic steroids act on the same receptors in various tissues. Therefore, nandrolone decanoate provided a negative feedback on either the hypothalamus or the pituitary gland, which suppressed the release of FSH and LH.

In a similar, recently reported AIDS Clinical Trials Group study, 33 HIV-positive women with wasting received nandrolone decanoate, 100 mg, every 2 weeks (n = 16) or placebo (n = 17) for 12 weeks.[14] Baseline weight, body composition, and energy intake did not differ between groups. All 16 women receiving the steroid experienced significant increases in weight and LBMcompared with those receiving placebo. Median weight gain was 4.6 kg (10.2 lb) versus 0.1 kg (0.2 lb), respectively (P < .001), and mean LBMincrease was 3.5 kg (7.7 lb) versus 20.4 kg (20.9 lb) (P < .001). Changes in fat did not differ between groups.

Thread Information