McBain is offline Member

Bros please need help with reading this bloodwork

OK I just got my post cycle bloodwork done and everything came back normal except my cholesterol. Now in the meeting with my doc I told him I had eaten merely an hour or so prior to the test and he said this didn't matter because they did it some special way. I forget. Anyways I'm a bit worried because it came back pretty bad. Here are the results:
    Total cholesterol came back normal
    HDL: 14
    LDL: 150

Please give opinions, I'm pretty worried. I only have done one cycle, I'm very lean and have always been, and I lead a very healthy lifestyle (except maybe my AAS usage I guess). My cycle was very moderate too:
    Week 1 40mg Anavar , week 2-8 30mg anavar
    Week 2-8 100mg test prop eod
    Week 1-10 1/4 tab femara ed
    Week 0-9 1.25mg of finastride

POST CYCLE:
    Day 1: (3 days after last shot and 2 days after last pill) 300mg clomid ed
    Day 2-10 100mg clomid ed
    Day 11-20 50mg clomid ed
    Day 15-20 20mg anavar ed
    Day 20-30 30mg anavar ed
    Creatine 5g daily entire post cycle (just finished it up, but was taking it the day of the bloodwork; however I don't think this would have any effect on my cholesterol)

I was also on nolv at between 20-30mg ed throughout most of post
    cycle and 1 week after post cycle to control some post cycle gyno.

I am wondering if I went too heavy on the anti-e's and maybe that caused the cholesterol problem....however in the future I don't know how to do it any differently because I started getting gyno symptoms so I followed a pretty standard protocol.

Any help at all would be really appreciated. I'm a bit worried.

Thanks bros, McBain

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    You HDl is pretty low. Mine is as well at 40
    Normal range for HDL is 40-59
    How much cardio do you do? If none, then I would suggest hitting some up a few times a week

McBain is offline Member
    Yeah I do zero cardio, I hate it so much but looks like it is a must now. Any opinions on whether or not me eating before it did effect it? I'm waiting for a call back from the nurse and I will run it by her too.

McBain is offline Member
    Yeah I do zero cardio, I hate it so much but looks like it is a must now. Just talked to the nurse and they did a non-fasting cholesterol test so it wasn't effected by my food.....

Cardio should up that HDL level. I would implement some cardio into your routine for a while and get your levels rechecked after a month or so.

McBain is offline Member
    They told me get re-tested in 3 months, will they give me a hard time about getting re-tested so soon? I want to get this shit worked out ASAP for obvious reasons, plus I wanted to start my next cycle in 4 weeks. Obviously I'm not going to start it until my cholesterol is good to go though.

Does anavar greatly effect cholesterol levels because I was on anavar during the time of the test. I was under the impression that it didn't though so it didn't occur to me to put off the test.

I have no experience with anavar .

I think if you request to be retested sooner, they will probably refer to your chart and try to convince you that it's not needed but insist and they can't refuse.
    Does your doctor know about your cycling?

McBain is offline Member
    Yes he does. He was a real cock when I told him about it too. In my file he wrote something about that I was taking a supplement that I did not wish to be specified in my records and that's why the bloodwork was done. And the advice he relayed to the nurse was to stop taking that supplement.

Well, I think after some time off, your level will go up some but definately do some cardio with it being that low.
    I hate cardio to bro, and I'm just now getting my ass out the door to do some.

Also, do you supplement any flax oil, nuts, or fatty fish in your diet?
    If not you might want to pick up some flax oil. It's good fats that help with cholesterol.

McBain is offline Member
    I used to take fish oil and flax seed oil. I'll pick some up. Also I was just shown an abstract that showed that anavar decreases HDL and increases LDL, so it was probably the anavar that threw the tests off. So hopefully a month off completely along with good diet, cardio, psyllum husk fiber and flax seed oil/fish oil will take care of it so I can start my next cycle

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Cholesterol test are not very useful on cycle unless you are planning to stay on year around. Take your test about six weeks after cycle is out of your system.

McBain is offline Member
    Ok, I'll get retested in 4 weeks. Do you think that drinking moderately and smoking a little pot on occassion will complicate the situation? The nurse said drinking in moderation was fine but I didn't ask her about the pot. Opinions?

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    my hdl was 62 last month. If you don't mind it, I would just substitute in some fish 4 or 5 times a week. Salmon and Tuna.

McBain is offline Member
    Originally posted by Diesel
    Anavar will decrease your HDL. Some Anti E's will as well. Especially Arimidex (but looks like you didn't use that)

D
    I did use femara at 1/4 of a pill ed for 8 weeks though. Can I just take fish oil instead of eating fish? I don't have time to cook much.

McBain is offline Member
    bump, also opinions about the drinking/smoking a lil pot? I know I might take some flack for this as I know drug references etc are not welcome but it's not like it's a hard drug or anything and I don't know who else to ask.

McBain is offline Member
    Yeah true, I'll up my tuna intake. I usually eat at least a couple cans per week anyways. Thanks again for all the advice guys, anymore is welcome.

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    yeah, var will decrease total HDL. You know thisss man! Try adding some niacin to your diet. This increases HDL, you will need to work up to at least 1 g/day. But becareful because it can increase liver values, hence caution taking other drugs metabolized by your liver. Also the flushing can be a problem but can be aleviated by taking a baby aspirin 30 min prior to niacin (inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis), avoid spicy foods, and the extended release seem to have less incidence of flushing but are harder on the liver.

McBain is offline Member
    ^

Thread Information