Thread: Fucking Doctor

McBain is offline Member

Fucking Doctor

Met with my doc the other day and man am I fucking pissed. He was a complete cock. I was upfront and honest with him, told him I did an 8 week cycle that was very moderate, and I did not make the decision lightly, that I had researched for about 8 months. I told him I made my decision and had thought it through. He then proceeds to lecture me about the dangers of steroids bla bla bla. I refute most of what he says, some of it I didn't because I just got tired of arguing with him.

He didn't even ask what drugs I took or at what dosages. He said they were very hard on the liver, I told him this was only really the case with orals and the oral I took (anavar ) was only very mildly hepatoxic. He said that my cholesterol would not be effected by steroids so there was so need for that in the bloodwork, I had to explain to him that it was neccessary. I told him about post cycle clomid to kickstart my nat test and he rolls his eyes at me. He kept telling me I was going to lose all my gains and I told him to take a look at me because I haven't lost anything. I also gave him the shpiel about how I rarely drink, don't really use any rec drugs and live a very healthy lifestyle, still nothing. He just keeps lecturing me and being an ignorant cock.

Finally he ordered the tests after 30 min of lecturing, then I told him I didn't want any mention of this in my file and he says he has to, so then I had to argue with him about that and finally convince him that he shouldn't. I had to explain to him why. The fucked up part is he is a really good doctor who has come highly recommended. I know I have no right to be pissed really because I got what I wanted, my bloodwork, but the shit I had to deal with from him was just a fucking hassle. Sorry just had to rant a little.

landshark is offline Associate Member
    If he really was an asshole, and not just ignorant with good intentions, report him to the appropriate medical board, and tell them that you explained your situation thoroughly and were very concerned about your health, and that he refused to OK pertinent blood work, and also that he was giving you false information regarding you concerns.

...then offer to drop the whole thing if he gives you scripts for test and gh.

Dr.123 is offline New Member
    Sorry bro that sucks, I would probably get a new Doctor, my doctor was very cool about it because he knew it was my decision and he was just looking out for my health.. So he ran a bunch of test to see if everything was ok. He also ask me what I was taking and what dosage I was actually surprised about how much he knew about it. I would defiantely look for a different doctor if I were you...

Doc

McBain is offline Member
    Yeah I was thinking about it but how exactly do I go about seeing if a doc won't be a cock. Walk up to him and in sunglasses and a fake mustouche and say "Are you cool?"

I just don't want to have to go through this again with another doctor and he is supposidly a good doctor otherwise as he came highly recommended but I still might switch. Just wish there was some way to lookup which docs weren't ignorant arrogant cocks.

The shitty thing is I disproved him so many times and made him look like an ass, because he was talking out of his ass, and he couldn't admit he was wrong. I wasn't a jerk about it either I was very nice, probably a little too nice even.

jamotech is offline Member
    Your story is why most of us just dont say anything, unfortunate but true. The uneducated who think they're fully educated about a certain subject are very annoying.

bulkmeUP is offline Junior Member
    bro, the exact same shit happened to me over the last couple of days.. Firstly, I went to my doctor of 5 years. Now, about a month ago, I told him I was going to start my first cycle of steroids , that I did countless hours of research into the topic and decided to proceed. He then starts asking me why I want to take them, they're bad, they will give me high blood pressure, liver problems, etc. Anyway, I went back a couple days ago, because my nipples are more sensitive than normal, no lumps, but if you press them, they feel like they're bruised. I told him about this, and mentioned "tamoxifen " to combat the problem, and he simply said "look, stop taking the steroids, and it will go away.. for the pain use neurofen, vitamin B6, and primrose oil." I was thinking to myself, this guy doesnt know shit. I started to pound questions on him saying, if gyno forms, and becomes permanent, would you feel guilty because you didnt do your job to help out a 'patient'? He was then going on about surgery, and trying to scare me with that tactic, to stop taking the juice. I asked him why he couldnt give me tamoxifen, and he said its only prescribed to women with breast cancer. I walked out of them empty.

Yesterday, I went with my father to his doctor of 25 years, told him the exact situation. I didnt hold back one thing. The doc told me I was playing with "dynamite". I said, if this first cycle is dynamite then what the hell is GH and insulin considered as? He didnt really answer. We spent about 30 mins in the room speaking. He wouldnt prescribe me nolva, because he didnt want to assist any sort of illegal drug use, AND potential side effects from the drug. At least he had the deciency to examine my nipples. Again, empty handed.

Moral of the story is, dont go to a doctor unless you 100% know they are AS friendly and dont rely on them like I did. Personally, I depise of them now. I think my age (i'm 20) has alot to do with the situation, however a doctor's job is to help a patient. If a patient wants to take AS, he must have good reasons to. I'm not some 16 year old with 3 months training experience, wanting to take them to get bigger than everyone in the class. I have my reasons, and I think I was ready to consider my first cycle.

At least this doc gave me a script for bloodwork. Thank GOD something went well.

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    yah no doubt, that sucks...my doc was pretty cool about it, he rarely wants to hear about what im doing or taking anymore, just to make sure the levels of everything are set and my health is somewhat ok, take care and good luck with that

McBain is offline Member
    Dude they must be breeding these ignorant fucks because he said some similar shit to me. Started telling me that I was playing with explosives. hah prob straight from their text books

I still am glad I went to the doc though. It's worth putting up with a half hour or bullshit to make sure everything recovers and I'm not having any problems.

Also I can see how he couldn't prescribe you nolv because it would be very hard to justify as it is prescribed to women. Asking him for it puts him in a bit of a funny position because he can get in trouble for prescribing it to you, so I understand why he didn't. I was even respectful about protecting my doc! I told him if he felt he couldn't justify the bloodwork then I'd pay for it out of pocket because I didn't want to put him in a bad situation. Yet the shit still rolled his eyes at me and kept talking to me like I was 12 years old when I obviously knew more about it then he did.
    Last edited by McBain; 10-11-2002 at 08:23 AM.

Bigk is offline Junior Member
    Well my doctor lectured me about the dangers of doing meth last time i went. The funny thing is that i've never done a recreational drug in my life, and her comment came out of the blue. There is no way in hell i'm going to tell her about AS

durbin22 is offline Member
    That's the exact reason why you should not tell a doctor about steroid use .

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    Damn guys, your scaring me out of this now. I wasn't gonna tell my fat doctor about my AAS usage since he's obese. I know you can't judge a book by its cover, but he wouldn't prescribe me a normal ADD medication because he said that I had lost 5 lbs during the summer, and blamed it on the ritalin. Note, I hate ritalin, and my doctor is houston, who is very cool, gave it to me because he wanted to see how it worked for me. I HATE RITALIN, its a roller coster ride I don't need. Turns out that the doctor here prescribed me Wellbutrin, an anti-depressant as a means of treating adult add/adhd. Honestly, yes I feel more motivated, and more social than normal, but I still can't fucking do my daily tasks!!! I managed to try adderal xr for the first time, and it was great. I'm writing up a presentation for the next time I goto my doc, and I'm going to sit down with him and show him all my documentation of my symptoms, and highlight what adderal helped me with, and then ask him kindly to let me be helped so I can graduate college.

Its all about presentation. If he doesn't like it, I'll find another doctor.

Oh yeah, he also told me that my BP was high (this was week1), @ 144 which is 3 higher than my normal bp, so he didn't want to prescribe me a stimulant that could raise it higher. DOES ANYONE KNOW A WAY THAT I can lower my BP temporarily even?? Its gonna make my case alot harder to argue, and I'm definitely not telling him about my AAS usage. I imagine that my BP will rise higher when I goto my followup, on the 23rd.

If my doctor was a medium/normal build, I might feel more comfortable, but this guy is trying to argue with me that I'm loosing too much weight when I'm still 14% bf!!!

testaprim is offline Associate Member
    McBain
    try going to an endocrinoligist, they would know a great deal more about aas than a normal physician, and tend to be more acceptive to the use of aas.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Hear me out on this...

IMHO, just about any doctor that's truly worth his salt, is going to give you a hard time about using steroids --at the very least he should take a looong time to sit and explain the dangers. But the difference between the cool doctors and the others is: after the lecture, the cool doctor will offer to monitor you and make sure you stay as safe as possible, while documenting that you do take AS despite his warning.

Think of it this way:
    If a doctor implies (in any way whatsoever) that AS is okay to use and if you continue using it, then he could get sued if you get sick/hurt becuase of AS use. Yes, it could be a hearsay situation, but there are ways around that in court. For example, if you wrote in a diary or on a message board that you regularly/frequently use that "I have the coolest doctor because he told me today that AS was okay and he has encouraged me to use it," then the details could be used against the doctor in an emotional case. Especially if you got your mom on the stand crying about how you were such a good HEALTHY boy or girl until the evil doctor sent you down the naughty path to steroids and caused your death or caused your liver damage, etc.

If you were a doc, and you stood to loose all you busted your butt to earn, you'd probably be cool about AS, but you'd also find a way to cover your butt.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 10-11-2002 at 01:04 PM.

gunner27 is offline Junior Member
    Geez, after reading some of these posts, I feel really lucky.

My doctor has a large HIV/AIDS practice, and prescribes lots of roids. As a result, he is very knowledgeable about them and is also very willing to both listen and give advice. I spoke with him about it from the first day I decided to do a cycle, and he was completely cool. Not encouraging, but understanding. Also, while he would have liked to be able to write me a clomid prescription, he indicated that if written for men, they are closely tracked by the DEA, and that professionally he couldn't really do it. He did, however, give me a prescription for hypodermics and showed me how to do a glute shot. Also, since he deals with lots of gay men with HIV, he is very understanding of confidentiality and the need to keep our discussion out of my medical records.

I feel like I got a great athletic perspective on roids from this board, but it was still good to get a medical perspective on them as well. If your doctor is not someone you can talk with about anything, I would recommend finding another one.

McBain is offline Member
    bask8 you made some good points, I agree. I was mainly just upset that he was acting like he knew what he was talking about when he didn't. I mean the fact he was arguing that I didn't need a test that could potentially kill me if my choloesterol was too high.

DEFINITELY tell your docs though. It is so much safer.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    bask8 you made some good points, I agree. I was mainly just upset that he was acting like he knew what he was talking about when he didn't. I mean the fact he was arguing that I didn't need a test that could potentially kill me if my choloesterol was too high.
    I won't argue with you about the fact that the guy was obviously being a dink about the AS thing. But in the situation you described the cholesterol test is really not necessary if you do as he says and never take AS again. In this scenario you will absolutely be ok. However, I think he is a pompous ass for not resepecting the fact that AS is not something you are willing to do without, and should have ordered the test on this basis.
    Seems to me he is of the "I want nothing to do with that" school of thought.

Go look for a new physician and interview him/her before becoming a patient. Do as gunner said and find a doc with a large HIV/AIDS practice. They will likely not look at AS like they look at recreational drugs.

Sauceboy is offline New Member
    I had amost the same experience when I did my first cycle and went to my doctor and told him what i was doing and all he said was that I would have to get a liver transplant.

McBain is offline Member
    Originally posted by Sauceboy
    I had amost the same experience when I did my first cycle and went to my doctor and told him what i was doing and all he said was that I would have to get a liver transplant.
    lol he told me the same thing then I said well that's only with orals and I used a very mild oral steroid , oxandralone....gives me a completely blank look....then proceeds to lecture like he actually knew his ass from a hole in the wall.

BMANN is offline Associate Member
    That sucks, my doc is very cool about the whole thing. She doesn't lecture me about anything. She actually told me to come talk to her if I had any questions about any of the gear I planned on taking. She doesn't encourage it, but she is very understanding. She respects the fact of how much research I have done, and that is why she is willing to help me out.
    Last edited by BMANN; 10-12-2002 at 07:52 PM.

bulkmeUP is offline Junior Member
    That sucks, my doc is very cool about the whole thing. She doesn't lecture me about anything, she doesn't tell me how they are extremely bad. She actually told me to come talk to her if I had any questions about any of the gear I planned on taking.

how long have you been going to her and how old are you bro?

I'm 21, but I have only been going to her for a few years. Until now I have been one of those guys "I don't need to go to the doctor", but now I have no worries. She is cool as hell.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    i still dont know why the people WE pay and hire to answer our questions can have an attitude. Umm your not doing me a favor im paying you!

Exactly, if i wanted a lecture, I'd talk to my mom.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Just wondering, how many of you have, or would consider using healthcheckusa.com? I have used them before for blood work. They have all kinds of tests, including the ones your talking about. You have to pay out of pocket but it works nicely. You order online, get your documents in the mail and then go to the local lab for the blood work. You get your results back quickly, your doctor doesn't know squat, and you have the peace of mind of knowing what is going on with your body.

Check out their website: http://www.healthcheckusa.com/home.html

nycman is offline New Member
    I know you're not going to agree....but it sounds like you got a good doctor. If they really didn't give a shit about you they would have just thrown your ass out of the office. Don’t throw out the whole relationship just because the two of you didn’t see eye-to-eye on the first visit.

Expecting a good doctor to be cool about your use of steroids is like expecting your priest to be cool about adultery.

It isn’t gong to happen.

Caring, compassionate, and professional...yes.

Supportive?...then you've REALLY got a shitty doctor.

Just my 2 cents.

ibiza69 is offline Senior Member
    just print this out and give it to your doc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fucking Doctor-jesuslovesyou.gif  

HAHAHA.

hammerhead is offline Member
    Doctors are people not machines. They are subject to life and what it delivers also. Sometimes you develop attitudes that leak out onto your patients. Sorry - it happens.

I've learned to be respectful and professional in all my dealings. I learned that with age and experience. There was a day when I layed attitude on my clients. He obviously still has to learn this.

Was this an MD or a PA? It sounds like it was probably a young PA with a chip on the shoulder.

This sadly points out again how little the medical profession knows about AAS!

Bottom line - the doctor had no protocol for treating you as you requested and did the right thing. The doctor was a little anal by giving you the speech. The doctor was flat out wrong by saying that your cholesterol levels wouldn't be affected. In fact hypercholestorolemia-induced arteriosclerosis is one of the leading long-term damaging effects of AAS. His position, i'm certain, was that while you're still ON the juice the tests are meaningless. All they say is what sides you get from AAS - which he's not going to condone nor treat you for the sides. Once you get off the juice and go back for tests he should be more professional. If not - find another doctor.

McBain is offline Member
    I told him I had been off since the beginning of sept. He was an MD too and he is probably about 45 years old. I am considering going to another doc. I'm not positive he gave me all the tests I requested (blood lipids, kidney and liver function, cholesterol, free testosterone levels ). If he didn't I'm probably going to go to another doctor, because I don't have the time to argue with him on why I need tests. Especially since I demonstrated I knew more than him in the meeting (in a very polite manner I might add) and he continued to be pompus and act like he knew what he was talking and I was just a dumb kid or something. If he had told me that it wasn't a good idea, etc. I wouldn't have cared, I expected this, it's when he started talking out of his ass about things that can potentially effect my health....well that's when I got a little upset. I was still very polite though. I'll see though, the nurse is calling me back with blood work results today so hopefully all the tests will have been done and hopefully they will come back ok.

EDIT: Oh also great pic ibiza69

McBain is offline Member
    Got bloodwork back, started a new thread about it, but my cholesterol came back pretty bad.

Thread Information