TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member

creatine and gear?

is creatine effective while u on gear or should i just hold off till cycle is over to start takin it?

samoth is offline Member
    Creatine is a waste while using anabolic /androgenic steroids . There are several medical studies of CK/endo-test/steriods , and I have yet to see any reputable study stating that there is any benefeit to supplementing creating with steroids.

juiceon2 is offline New Member
    Look at the role of each component. Anabolic steroids aid in the recovery and growth process of the muscle cell (eg., nitrogen retention). Steroids do not stimulate the central nervous system (such as ephedrine and clenbuterol ), and do not in and of themselves aid in muscle contration. Creatine, on the other hand, increases ATP levels for fueling muscle contraction. That is, supplementation with creatine allows you to lift more weight because of elevated ATP levels in the cell. Obviously, if you are lifting more weight you are stressing the muscle tissue to a greater degree. Now, would you rather stress the muscle tissue more or less if you know the recovery stage of muscle growth is going to be greatly assisted by having anabolic steroids in the system? To get the most out of an anabolic cycle, you stress muscle tissue best with short, but INTENSE workouts. Creatine aids in acheiving intense workouts by fueling muscle contration. Anabolic steroids, along with a high protein diet, then take over and allow complete recovery and growth.

We all know that you will not grow by taking steroids but not working out. Also, you will not grow as much by taking steroids and fluffing in the gym, as compared to working out hard. The harder you workout, the more you will grow (provided "harder" means short intense workouts and not long-drawnout workouts). Creatine, ephedrine, clenbuterol, and an adequate supply of carbohydrates all assist to acheive harder workouts.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    If your taking anavar , the you certainly need creatine. Otherwise, i'd save if for post cycle.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I like arthurb999's answer I will go with that one. You can use creatine on cycle but it will make you retain some water and can be expensive so I would rather spend my money on food.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I have read that AAS use lowers creatine levels and that is one way to fail a test so running a creatine supp seems to be a good idea to me - not for testing but to keep your levels elevated.

Cruezer is offline Banned
    it would be good to use it post cycle

SonGoku is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Cruezer
    it would be good to use it post cycle
    Yup post cycle I read that too some where. This way you're still able to hold more water than usual in the muscles. Also this will prevent the loss of size gained by the AS water retention.

Never tried it though, I'm planning to start my first cycle in a couple of weeks. And I'm planning on starting with creatine post cycle.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I will run it after my cycle. Only down side is creatine gives me acne.

Metallica is offline New Member
    take it during and after your cycle....if your short on cash then save it for post cycle to keep you swoled up but if you can afford it run it while your on because creatine isnt like gear at all..it will just keep your cells full of water and pumped up...and the bloating from creatine is really a myth in my opinion because bloating is where you are holding water in your skin not your muscle...creatine is great stuff...use it if you can...

samoth is offline Member
    The activation of androgen receptors enhances the level of creatine phosphate and hence phosphocreatine. There are numerous studies that testosterone effects CK creatine kinase activity.
    -Voxdeis, vet from A.com board
    I have checked him up on this, and there are in fact studies out there that show this... If anyone has studies showing why creatine supplementation in cunjunction with steroids would be beneficial, please post it up. By the way, I am not arguing post-cycle use.
    (this is my second favorite debate, next to that dbol in AM "theory")

juiceon2 is offline New Member
    If your goal is to hold water post cycle, then if creatine does cause water retention I suppose you would want to do so. Personally, I don't find water retention a desirable state. Water retention is merely a cosmetic effect and has little or nothing to do with the ultimate goal - quality muscle gains.

As far as "why creatine supplementation in cunjunction with steroids would be beneficial," in my personal experience my lifts have gone up considerably when I add creatine to a cycle. Post cycle I drop it because I also drop the weight load in my workouts. Even though I use clomid, which brings my testosterone levels back to merely normal levels, my body just does not recover well lifting the same weight I use during the last weeks of the cycle. My personal experience is based upon dozens of cycles and the use of creatine at many different times, both during cycles and when I am off.

I find most studies to be unreliable, as compared to personal experience. I many cases you can find two or more "studies" or "theories" that draw conclusions completly opposite of one another. That is frustrating, so I just experiment on myself to see what really happens.

Thread Information