Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

TTokkyo Labs - RIP

Well due to the big bust, it looks as if TT is no more - Thats why you tell your source to stay away forom recs, kiddies!

7 men have been arrested in 'Special K' drug case

Marisa Taylor and Sandra Dibble
    UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITERS

October 3, 2002

Thousands of vials filled with a veterinary anesthetic known in dance clubs as "Special K" flowed from a Mexican manufacturing company into the hands of U.S. drug users from San Diego to New York, authorities said yesterday.

A smuggling ring, which included a Mexican veterinarian and the owner of a Tijuana veterinary supply company, became North America's largest producer and supplier of the drug, U.S. and Mexican officials said at a news conference.

During their two-year investigation, federal agents seized thousands of vials – including a shipment discovered in a moving van, coming from San Diego, that was stopped in Kansas.

The investigation began in Simi Valley.

Police had received a tip that ketamine and steroids were being sold at gyms. Authorities then traced the ketamine shipments back to U.S. dealers and the Mexican suppliers. So far, seven men have been arrested. Three others remain at large.

The manufacturing company, outside Mexico City in the state of Morelos, was licensed to order raw materials from China to make ketamine.

But Drug Enforcement Administration officials said the company, Ttokkyo, shipped vials to the Tijuana-based supply company Granero de Oro, where it was then sent illegally to drug dealers in San Diego, San Bernardino, San Francisco, New York, Orlando, Philadelphia and Boston.

Authorities in Panama arrested veterinarian Jose Francisco Molina, owner of Ttokkyo, and Tijuana business owner Jorge Chevreuil Bravo last month and turned them over to U.S. authorities.

Both men pleaded not guilty to drug conspiracy charges in Miami and were expected to be transported to San Diego soon.

Despite the arrests, two of Chevreuil's veterinary supply stores in Tijuana remained open for business. Manager Adolfo Rodas described Chevreuil as honest and hard-working. "Everything that he's achieved has been through legal means," he said.

The business was founded about 40 years ago by his father, Jorge Chevreuil Gonzalez, who is now overseeing the stores, Rodas said.

Rodas insisted that the company was selling the product legally, over the counter, to anyone, including U.S. customers. Unlike in the United States, the product is commonly sold without a prescription.

"I can sell it to whoever comes in," said Rodas. "I am not a policeman to be asking them, 'What do you want that for?' If people want to use it as a drug, that's their business."

In Mexico, ketamine can be bought in pharmacies for $12 to $20 per 10 milliliter vial, which can be cooked down to about 10 doses, authorities said.

In the United States, the price jumps to $100 a vial.

Drug users have experimented with ketamine since the 1970s to feel the "near-death experience" of the anesthetic, said Glen Stanley, a Los Angeles County sheriff's detective who teaches other officers about club drugs.

In the 1990s, the anesthetic became increasingly popular in San Diego and other cities as a club drug that can be "cooked" into a dry powder and snorted, or injected in its liquid form.

In high doses, it can be used as a date rape drug.

The drug, which can be legitimately used as an anesthetic for cats and dogs, became a controlled substance in 1999.

But ketamine's reputation as a harder drug has made it less popular than other club drugs such as Ecstasy.

Some ketamine users describe feeling as if they are falling into a tunnel, a sensation known by the term "K-Hole."

"A lot of the draw is that it numbs you," Stanley said. "You forget about what may be bothering you."

The drug's side effects can be devastating.

Erin Rose, who used ketamine with her boyfriend when she was 18, suffered brain damage after her heart stopped. She emerged from a coma weeks later.

"This drug ruined my life," Rose, now 19, said at the news conference. Her mother had to drive her from their home in Laguna Niguel.

"I may never drive again. I may never have a job again. I may never live alone," Rose said.

Her mother, Mary Anne Rose, said her daughter no longer has a boyfriend and has few friends.

"Erin had unlimited potential. She was a straight-A student. She was a talented athlete," she said. "She could have done anything and this is where she is today."

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I know most of you already knew this but just re-emphasising why we frown on talking too much about rec drugs here - the Feds are "on steroids " about this.....

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member
    Yeah this sucks? Now what kinda shitty mex gear are we gonna get??

projectsherv is offline Associate Member
    this bust is pretty crucial, i like tokkyo's ketamine the best too! damnit.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    I love Ttokkyo....that is a such a shame...if it was not for all of those fag date rapists and ravers we could all have our choice gear!

adaptations is offline Member
    WOW NICE ASS!!!!! DIESEL!!!!

that your UPS delivery lady?!?!?

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    from what i heard fellas there still makin the good stuff ,getting raw materials to make K now is a no go now for them (who gives a fuck )but the gear is still beeing manufactured ,theres a lot of corruption and money involved here so trust me its not over yet .

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    That's a damn shame...as far as rec drugs go I stick to the basics anyway...good ole booze and the occssional brush!!

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by adaptations
    WOW NICE ASS!!!!! DIESEL!!!!
    What is he pm'ing naked pics of himself again???

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    So are they shut down for good now or still making the gear? 'Cause I'm supposed to be ordering next week and some of their products are on my shopping list!!!!

adaptations is offline Member
    Originally posted by arthurb999

What is he pm'ing naked pics of himself again???
    No he changed his avatar...making me look like a fool...LOL

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by adaptations

No he changed his avatar...making me look like a fool...LOL
    Sure he did...

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    I wouldn't count ttokkyo out just yet...They may be unproductive for awhile but there are more than one owner and I'd imagine things will be operable again before too long. I do agree though, stay the hell away from rec drugs...

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by projectsherv
    this bust is pretty crucial, i like tokkyo's ketamine the best too! damnit.

Thread Information