dtdionne is offline Junior Member

Hgh, cyp and blood work

Hey all, i am currently on 200mg cyp for hrt thru my family doc. I am researching hgh and was wondering what blood work one should have done before adding say 4iu ed/5days on 2days off.

thx

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    When you ask your doc for a blood work-up it will probably include everything you need.

Liver function
    Kidney function
    Cholesterol
    Glucose level

I ssume since your on HRT that your test levels are monitored?

Also have them do a urinalysis as well.

goldenear is offline Associate Member

Lightbulb

Regarding the GH, the panels I would recommend are IGF-1 Serum (Somatomedin C), Insulinlike Growth Factor Binding Protein 3 (IGFBP 3), and a thyroid panel.

Oh, and 4 IUs daily of GH is not an HRT dosage.

thx guys, goldengear, i was going to do the gh on my own and gathered that 1 - 2 iu a day was hrt levels and 4-6iu a day were moderate bodybuilding levels. Im a little guy (5'6" 170 lbs ~8%bf) so 200 mg of cyp will prolly get my test levels in the high range and 4 iu of gh will really help me build some new muscle cells.

It really depends on your genetic make-up. I actually OD'd on only 2.4 IUs daily after two weeks. But then again, I can grow on very low dosages of gear. It's just the way my body metabolizes this stuff.

So I'd be careful because if you've never taken GH before, you just don't know how you're going to react to it. And hyperthyroidism isn't a real enjoyable condition to have.

OMG!! goldengear, what happened?

I basically lived through a 5-day asthma attack. It took me a few hours of reading an anatomy & physiology textbook to find the answer to my problem.

My T3 & TSH levels skyrocketed due to a thyroid storm caused by the GH. This caused an upregulation in my beta receptors which happily locked on to all of the circulating epinephrine and norepinephrine in my bloodstream. This excessive binding caused a systemic vascular shutdown, causing my blood pressure to increase from a baseline of about 130/60 to 178/103. My resting hr also climbed about 40 bpm. Essentially, I couldn't get any oxygen into my bloodstream because of the vasoconstriction occurring in my lungs.

It was pretty disturbing at the time it was happening. Fortunately I found the answers in the textbook, went to a clinic, discussed my situation with a doc who prescribed an Albuterol inhaler. After 12 hours of use, my blood pressure returned to baseline and after about 3-4 days of sparingly using the inhaler, I was back to normal, although I did experience additional hyperthyroidic moments (probably due to GH pulsing).

Thread Information