Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nstart is offline Associate Member

I now have daily panic attacks and it's driving me crazy

Please see this thread for background info:
    Took Keto (from AR-R) for the first time, physically felt like I was going to die

When I took my Keto, I was seated at my home desk and I measured out the Keto in an oral syringe and sprayed it into my mouth. Then all hell broke loose.

Ever since that day, every time I sit down at my office desk at work, or at my home desk, I have a panic attack. When we have a meeting at work and the room is silent, I have a panic attack (I can hide these buy usually fiddling around) Every time I yawn, I'm afraid my heart is going to stop beating so I try and control it (another panic attack). When I shower, I have a panic attack because I am afraid I will pass out and drown in the shower (another panic attack).

This is driving me absolutely insane. Has anyone ever experienced something of this nature? I know I am causing this upon myself and I really do wish I could stop. I have tried everything - deep breathing, drinking water, laying down, etc... Nothing seems to really work. The panic attacks are short, usually lasting around 10-30 seconds. Although I did have 2 occurrences that lasted for about 2 minutes.

Please help (besides recommending I see a doctor).

NATE0406 is offline Anabolic Member
    damn bro i dont know what it could be. i would think that its all in your head but i have never had any type of panic attack so i wouldnt know really how to solve it.

lex57 is offline Senior Member
    i dont understand what you would want a group on a forum like this to say. the only choice you have to see a physician. they may even request a psych eval. which it sounds like you need. if you are freaking out at a simple office meeting or taking a shower, which are simple daily activities you may have some serious mental health issues going on. i mean what would anyone here say? a cup of water is not going to help your problem. i am not saying you need a pill either, maybe you need some type of support group or something to talk to people about your condition, with people who may have the same problems. but to come on here and say ,"Please help (besides recommending I see a doctor)." then that right there tells me that you know as we do, you need to see someone. i personally hate when people come on here and ask for advice, but put stipulations on it. like when some newbie wants cycle advice and is 18 and says," i want your guys advice, unless you are going to tell me i am too young, just keep that to yourself." because 99% of the people here are gonna say, you're too young! you need to see a doc!

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    keep in mind that the symptoms you are experiencing are known as 'catastrophic misinterpretation' where you are misinterpreting a somatic experience as being more than it actually is. you need to focus on the fact that a fast pulse or other tense feelings are not putting you in any physical danger.

if it becomes too much i suggest you talk to a psychologist, CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) can be extremely effective in teaching you to deal with your somatic symptoms in a more realistic way

good luck

XNathan is offline Associate Member
    Wellcome on panic disorder side....

I had to stop use AS and specially stimulants (caffein, clen , albuterol etc.). I do psychoterapy and stay away from benzos and AD. Iam free from panic attack but still deal with some anxiety.

This is not problem from drugs but problem from you. Change our personal life and attitude to yourself and to world. All will by better and you become healthy once again.

Peducho0113 is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by XNathan View Post
    Wellcome on panic disorder side....

I had to stop use AS and specially stimulants (caffein, clen , albuterol etc.). I do psychoterapy and stay away from benzos and AD. Iam free from panic attack but still deal with some anxiety.

This is not problem from drugs but problem from you. Change our personal life and attitude to yourself and to world. All will by better and you become healthy once again.
    ^^^ Great advice, some small changes in your life can take a long way when dealing with Panic Attacks. The problems is that this condition is missunderstood by most people and that only makes it harder for people who deal with it. Best of the luck to you mate on learning how to keep under control your panic attacks

Goodtimes is offline New Member
    Its hard to explain if u haven't had one!!!
    Panic attacks are a thought that u make up in your head.
    (chemical in balance is what the Dr calls it) there are pills that help!!
    Fight or flight/flee.
    some steroids bring it out more, try a few searches on the net heaps of info
    good luck.

nhl1 is offline Associate Member
    Hey buddy, I thought that I posted this in your last thread which u linked to above. If aas or any other type of substance like them induced this... calming down, seeing a therapist, or talking to a support group isnt going to do a thing. You need IMMEDIATE medical attention. Forget scheduling a Dr. appointment, either go to an urgent health care center or an ER. You're head is stuck in a loop, its called psychosis. This is where the whole roid rage killing spree idea comes from. AAS can cause extreme anxiety which can lead to a mental breakdown which can put you in a state of psychosis. And especially if you are still taking aas currently it is only going to get worse. Immediately put down the needle and go to a Dr. You need some sort of anti-anxiety medication immediately. Xanax, Valium, Clonazepam. Doesnt matter what it is. Im not trying to scare you but this is no longer just in your head and you arent going to be able to just make it go away. Anxiety is "stress over an imagined fear." You have progressed beyond anxiety into a panic disorder. Dont feel bad, dont feel weak, dont feel like youre alone. Millions of people everyday have this but you are pushing yours to the limit. Personally I dont see how you have been able to sleep at night. GO TO DR. GET MEDS

DKU
    DKU is offline Associate Member
    Check out the "Midwest Center for Stress and Anxiety". It's very effective.

frignugs is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lex57 View Post
    i dont understand what you would want a group on a forum like this to say. the only choice you have to see a physician. they may even request a psych eval. which it sounds like you need. if you are freaking out at a simple office meeting or taking a shower, which are simple daily activities you may have some serious mental health issues going on. i mean what would anyone here say? a cup of water is not going to help your problem. i am not saying you need a pill either, maybe you need some type of support group or something to talk to people about your condition, with people who may have the same problems. but to come on here and say ,"Please help (besides recommending I see a doctor)." then that right there tells me that you know as we do, you need to see someone. i personally hate when people come on here and ask for advice, but put stipulations on it. like when some newbie wants cycle advice and is 18 and says," i want your guys advice, unless you are going to tell me i am too young, just keep that to yourself." because 99% of the people here are gonna say, you're too young! you need to see a doc!

strong post

Quote Originally Posted by frignugs View Post
    strong post
    I agree but as a person who has been in this position before I can tell you that you aren't always thinking rationally when this is happening. Especially if its foreign and new. Clearly he has pysch problems right now but what any Dr. first priority is going to be is okay, what was the catalyst that sent this guy into this condition, and what is still causing it? Unless hes allergic to a benzo(anti-anxiety...xanax, valium..etc) he needs to take something immediately. Im no MD nor am I a phd but it sounds like mental health, anxiety issues to begin with. Foreign substance(aas) pushes the anxiety into a mental disorder, non treatment and/or continued use of aas and mental disorder progresses to full blown GAD/psychosis/Panic Disorder. Any or maybe all of those. He needs treatment with drugs, not a therapy group. As a person who suffered from chronic anxiety for years, mostly because of my old job, I did extensive research day in and day out and I bet ya thats what almost any Dr. is gonna say.

The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member
    I go through the exact same thing man but obviously it's different environments and such. Different triggers. But I have been dealing with this "Panic DIsorder" for a little over two years now and basically I medicated to get through it. Now I am still on meds (Benzo's) They work wonders but you must keep in mind they are ridiculously addicting. That being said you have to work out the PRO'S and CON'S on how they would benefit or disturb your own life. After careful consideration I opted that I needed them to make it through this. You might not have an as severe case as me. Like I said it varies by individual. If meds aren't the choice/option for you then I would also say that after just an initial evaluation by a Psychiatrist he would recommend to you a Therpy session called CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy). This is a great way of therapy to trick your mind back onto the right course to where life was before Panic Attacks. These sessions can be done in the Solo session or Group session. Both are GREAT because they let you get to the root of the problem and attack it that way other than skirting around it. Plus the Group sessions let you know that you are not alone. A lot of people out there in this world suffer with this Debilitating Disorder. It's a rough long road but once you dedicate to getting yourself fixed it starts getting better little by little.

If you need to ask me anything just shoot me a PM bro. Don't fret my Man I know what you are going through. I live it everyday.

Take it Easy !!

Quote Originally Posted by The Deuce View Post
    I go through the exact same thing man but obviously it's different environments and such. Different triggers. But I have been dealing with this "Panic DIsorder" for a little over two years now and basically I medicated to get through it. Now I am still on meds (Benzo's) They work wonders but you must keep in mind they are ridiculously addicting. That being said you have to work out the PRO'S and CON'S on how they would benefit or disturb your own life. After careful consideration I opted that I needed them to make it through this. You might not have an as severe case as me. Like I said it varies by individual. If meds aren't the choice/option for you then I would also say that after just an initial evaluation by a Psychiatrist he would recommend to you a Therpy session called CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy). This is a great way of therapy to trick your mind back onto the right course to where life was before Panic Attacks. These sessions can be done in the Solo session or Group session. Both are GREAT because they let you get to the root of the problem and attack it that way other than skirting around it. Plus the Group sessions let you know that you are not alone. A lot of people out there in this world suffer with this Debilitating Disorder. It's a rough long road but once you dedicate to getting yourself fixed it starts getting better little by little.

If you need to ask me anything just shoot me a PM bro. Don't fret my Man I know what you are going through. I live it everyday.

Take it Easy !!

Well said and thats why I keep posting to this guy. I feel your pain I would like to help you! And the CBT is probably a great idea for a long term plan to get him back on track but nothing short of a drug(benzo...for the 432,234,324 time, lol) is going to get him out of this loop that hes in.

Quote Originally Posted by frignugs View Post
    strong post
    sorry if i come off as an asshole, but i only have his best interest in mind. if left untreated it could get worse, leading to injury of self or others. a severe enough panic attack could lead to something like passing out behind the wheel of a car or passing out walking down a flight of stairs or something. its very serious, thats why i said, dont dismiss medical attention.

nameuser is offline Junior Member
    I used to have the same problem as you. I took a certain substance and has some powerful insight into my own death. And for a few months afterwards I had panic attack where I thought I was going to die or lose control of my body.

I managed to get over it myself after a few months and I was back to normal. It is not a life long thing.

What helped was making sure that all the food I ate was totally natural and never ingesting any drugs (ie alcohol,coffee,nicotine). Because during a panic attack you tend to irrationally think that something in your system is causing it, even though the panic attacks are purely psychological. You need to keep reassuring yourself in a panic attack that nothing can possibly kill you. You are healthy and have many more years to live, this will pass in a few minutes.

Overtime the severity of the panic attacks should reduce once you start to realise that you're not going to die, but if you find your panic attacks too hard to handle go see a doctor!

jstraw428 is offline Anabolic Member
    [QUOTE=lex57;3957215]sorry if i come off as an asshole, but i only have his best interest in mind. QUOTE]

Although you come off as an asshole a lot of the time Lex, you always have some really good info for us all.......Plus, everytime i look at your avatar, I am like, What a pompous asshole.......

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstart View Post
    Took Keto (from AR-R) for the first time, physically felt like I was going to die

When I took my Keto, I was seated at my home desk and I measured out the Keto in an oral syringe and sprayed it into my mouth. Then all hell broke loose.

Ever since that day, every time I sit down at my office desk at work, or at my home desk, I have a panic attack. When we have a meeting at work and the room is silent, I have a panic attack (I can hide these buy usually fiddling around) Every time I yawn, I'm afraid my heart is going to stop beating so I try and control it (another panic attack). When I shower, I have a panic attack because I am afraid I will pass out and drown in the shower (another panic attack).

This is driving me absolutely insane. Has anyone ever experienced something of this nature? I know I am causing this upon myself and I really do wish I could stop. I have tried everything - deep breathing, drinking water, laying down, etc... Nothing seems to really work. The panic attacks are short, usually lasting around 10-30 seconds. Although I did have 2 occurrences that lasted for about 2 minutes.

Had the exact thing happen to me when I took too much clen /t3. Had panic attacks for about a year or so.....I believe it was a mental thing. Over examining yourself and causing it yourself. PM me if you want to discuss it one on one. It is a scary thing and those who have not had one cannot relate.

Good luck.......get some Xanax

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i agree with lex. the only advice we can give you is to go see a shrink or psychologist. i never had anything like that so i have no idea what your going thru but i assume if your having them this often then your probably in need of drugs to help

Quote Originally Posted by nhl1 View Post
    Hey buddy, I thought that I posted this in your last thread which u linked to above. If aas or any other type of substance like them induced this... calming down, seeing a therapist, or talking to a support group isnt going to do a thing. You need IMMEDIATE medical attention. Forget scheduling a Dr. appointment, either go to an urgent health care center or an ER. You're head is stuck in a loop, its called psychosis. This is where the whole roid rage killing spree idea comes from. AAS can cause extreme anxiety which can lead to a mental breakdown which can put you in a state of psychosis. And especially if you are still taking aas currently it is only going to get worse. Immediately put down the needle and go to a Dr. You need some sort of anti-anxiety medication immediately. Xanax, Valium, Clonazepam. Doesnt matter what it is. Im not trying to scare you but this is no longer just in your head and you arent going to be able to just make it go away. Anxiety is "stress over an imagined fear." You have progressed beyond anxiety into a panic disorder. Dont feel bad, dont feel weak, dont feel like youre alone. Millions of people everyday have this but you are pushing yours to the limit. Personally I dont see how you have been able to sleep at night. GO TO DR. GET MEDS
    That's the thing. I am NOT on ANYTHING. My last cycle was a while ago and I was preparing for my cutting cycle. I tried clen , T3, and Keto in moderate doses to test how my body would react to them. I took 50mg of clen one day, wait a couple of days and tried 50mg of T3. Then a few days after that I tried Keto. Obviously I had a reaction to the Keto which I thought was going to kill me.

I am fine 99% of the day. I go to bed just like I normally do. It's just these attacks that happen now and I know they are a direct result of the experience I had with Keto. When I place myself back in that "environment" for some reason I put myself into a panic attack even though I don't want to.

The last thing I want to do is go take some anti-depressant or anti-anxiety drugs. I am trying desperately to wait this out and see if it will go away on it's own.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    That's the thing. I am NOT on ANYTHING. My last cycle was a while ago and I was preparing for my cutting cycle. I tried clen , T3, and Keto in moderate doses to test how my body would react to them. I took 50mg of clen one day, wait a couple of days and tried 50mg of T3. Then a few days after that I tried Keto. Obviously I had a reaction to the Keto which I thought was going to kill me.

I am fine 99% of the day. I go to bed just like I normally do. It's just these attacks that happen now and I know they are a direct result of the experience I had with Keto. When I place myself back in that "environment" for some reason I put myself into a panic attack even though I don't want to.

The last thing I want to do is go take some anti-depressant or anti-anxiety drugs. I am trying desperately to wait this out and see if it will go away on it's own.
    agreed. SSRI's and MAOI's, tricyclics etc are very serious drugs that are too often prescribed

Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    I used to have the same problem as you. I took a certain substance and has some powerful insight into my own death. And for a few months afterwards I had panic attack where I thought I was going to die or lose control of my body.

I managed to get over it myself after a few months and I was back to normal. It is not a life long thing.

What helped was making sure that all the food I ate was totally natural and never ingesting any drugs (ie alcohol,coffee,nicotine). Because during a panic attack you tend to irrationally think that something in your system is causing it, even though the panic attacks are purely psychological. You need to keep reassuring yourself in a panic attack that nothing can possibly kill you. You are healthy and have many more years to live, this will pass in a few minutes.

Overtime the severity of the panic attacks should reduce once you start to realise that you're not going to die, but if you find your panic attacks too hard to handle go see a doctor!
    Thank you. This is exactly what I am trying to do right now. I am eating so healthy, not taking any substances (caffeine, large dosages of sugar, alcohol, etc...) in hopes that it will ease up on its own.

I really strongly prefer not to do on drugs for this. I have seen friends who have been put on anxiety and depressant drugs and they are like walking zombies. I refuse to be like that. I swear, I could punch them in the face, and all they would do is smile at me and continue on their jolly way. I can't do that to myself.

Thanks to everyone for posting. Even though I did not reply to you directly, I did read every single post in this thread.

I really just want to see if I can just let time heal this. I really do not want to be medicated with anti-depressant or anti-anxiety drugs because I have seen what it does to people. I made this thread because I was hoping someone who had gone through something similar to this would have offered some advice (besides drugs) on how to better deal with this situation.
    Last edited by Nstart; 05-01-2008 at 02:59 PM.

Mogamedogz is offline Member
    Just curious.... Did anyone here who is/has suffered from Panic disorder, ever excessively use a certain club/rave happy pill (that can not be discussed on this board??

I know lots of people who have, and as a result, suffer from this condition today.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    wtf? This is some strange shit. See a doc, not a bunch of meatheds on a forum.

My .2
    ***No source checks!!!***

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    I totally understand. I used to get panic attacks all the time. It was too much to handle. I scared myself from even going out to get the mail because my heart rate would go up and I falsely linked it to a heart condition.

My cure was praying. God guided me away from my personal hell. the first thing I was compelled to do, was to stop checking my heart rate. Your heart is going to beat no matter what you do. You have no control over it so let it do its job.

The second thing I did was stop letting fear get the best of me. So I gradually did a little more everyday of what I thought i was not able to do. Got the mail, walk a block, then 2, then 6, then a mile and now i workout brutally.

That was when I was 15. I'm 29 now. so for the last 14 years, I have had no problem.

Believe me man, I understand. The fear is overwhelming. It's a terrible rush of heat through the entire body and a feeling of being cornered with nowhere to go when it happens in the public.

Break the bad habits. Leave your fears behind, and if you believe in God, then pray.

respek is offline Associate Member
    This is a medical condition that needs to be treated by a psychiatrist. As someone who suffers from panic attacks (Panic Disorder), I recommend that you get a psych evaluation. The good news is that panic disorder is a very treatable disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogamedogz View Post
    Just curious.... Did anyone here who is/has suffered from Panic disorder, ever excessively use a certain club/rave happy pill (that can not be discussed on this board??

I know lots of people who have, and as a result, suffer from this condition today.
    Anabolics is the first and one drug I have ever done. I've never even smoked cigarettes or cigars.

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogamedogz View Post

I only did it once.....and it was years before my panic attacks.

I belive it was a mental thing after I over stimulated my CNS with Clen and T3

MJ tiggered mine.

michael jackson?

Quote Originally Posted by lex57 View Post
    michael jackson?
    Haha. i can understand the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavinco View Post
    Haha. i can understand the confusion.

Hey I'm glad that you are doing okay. When you said that you were having constant panic attacks I assumed that you were having one like every 30 minutes. If they are rare and you can still function than yes always try and heal naturally, the body has an amazing ability to do so.

I know what you mean about some people being walking zombies from taking that crap but being on low doses works fine for me, I just need them to sleep. Its if I dont get enough sleep then I start to have the anxiety issues and it all gets stuck in a nasty loop.

And as far as those little round guys that you used to get at clubs about 10 years back yah I was a heavy abuser from about 21 to 23. Im sure they helped push some of my issues but mine were going to happen regardless. But as far as taking any narcotic ever again its pretty much just like choking myself until Im almost dead and then feeling the after effects for about the next 7 days. Narcotics are one thing that should most definitely be illegal.

kirk3624 is offline Associate Member

To last you until you see a doc, try taking high does of taurine. I used to have serious anxiety when picking up ass at bars/school however 5g of taurine will calm you down real quick and give you an overall good feeling. I researched it for a while and the anti-anxiety benefits are quite common. The only place in town that has it is GNC but now I order bulk online. Pretty fun stuff.

Last night, I hate it admit it, but I went out with a bunch of my friends and I did drink a decent amount of alcohol. Enough to the point where I handed my keys over to my friend to drive. I went to bed late, got up early after only about 4 hour of sleep, did my normal routine but I did not experience any panic attacks. It is now almost 2pm, I had a meeting this morning, and nothing. I'm not sure if it's the slight hang over or what.

Part of me is kicking myself for drinking so much alcohol. I haven't had alcohol since Superbowl Sunday. The other part of me wonders if I did something to "reset" myself.

I'll report back in a couple of days. This is really really odd and I don't know what to say.

kirk3624, where do you order Taurine in bulk? I might want to have some on hand.

kirk3624 is offline Associate Member
    Sounds like something is off with your central nervous system, if a depressant like alcohol will eliminate your symptoms. Do you regularly consume caffiene? If so, you should cut that out completely. Also look into Candida overgrowth which is a type of yeast that can be aggravated by poor diet, alcohol and steroids .

Thanks Kirk. I don't drink any coffee and I am very careful with the amount of caffeine I intake on a daily basis. I looked up "Candida overgrowth" and I honestly don't think I have it.

stoney_creek is offline Associate Member
    i had this same prob wen i was like 13 and it took me till 15 to stop it. I felt like i would skip a breath and then i wouldnt b able to breathe, mine was not supplement related just happended but urs sounds the same. I went to the doctor and the only thing they could do to help is say to breathe in a paper bag, sounds dumb but appeatently tht helps restore calmness to my lungs. But get it checked out and good luck

ArcRoyal is offline New Member
    I think you should make panic your friend. Do things like sky diving and bungee jumping. You'll get to like the rush and "panic" won't be a bad thing.

dback is offline Junior Member
    Do you have high blood pressure?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information