Thread: Gym EGO

Rugby13 is offline Member

Talking Gym EGO

This is what happened....I screwed my shoulder up in May right after my first cycle, with my bench max up to 360, and was out of the gym for 3 months. When I got back to school I had lost 20lbs and felt like a little twig walking around campus only weighig 170lbs. I started working out again and my shoulder was fine. I told myself I wasn't going to do any heavy weight untill I've got back in shape. Well I got some fina from a friend and I started getting results and lifting more. I started liking the way 315 then 330, then 350, then 365 looked good on the bar and I could lift it and I'm back at weighing 193. BUT my body wasn't used to lifting that much and I just increased to fast so yesterday I tried 370 on the bench and today I can hardly lift my arm my shoulder is so bad....and why??????? All because little shit head inside me keeps saying, "come on bro, see how much you can lift today, everyone will be impressed" Now I'm sitting with a screwed up shoulder because of being stupid. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?
    Last edited by Rugby13; 10-16-2002 at 07:16 PM.

Jimmy_Bravo is offline Associate Member
    I did the exact same thing awhile ago. I was doing a max bench, and screwed up my right shoulder. I took 2 months off, but it still bothers me sometimes.

Good to hear I'm not the only dumbass around!!! I swear I'll be training smarter from now though.

King Samson is offline Associate Member
    Fina has a tendency to dry out the joints too. This combined with the fact that you have had previous shoulder injuries could possably be the reason why it happened again. I would think you would want your joints to be properly lubricated when performing the bench especially after an injury. Fina may not be the way to go for you, unless maybe if you combined it with deca . Keep this in mind for later. Also, try to keep your diet up so that you will not loose so much of your hard earned gains this time. Hope your shoulder gets back to normal real soon.

Tedmax195 is offline Member
    Originally posted by Rugby13
    Good to hear I'm not the only dumbass around!!! I swear I'll be training smarter from now though.
    Me Too!! Too dumb for my own good.

I was thinking it would have hurt while on fina due to it drying my joints out but it never did till the one day, like 2 weeks after my last fina shot when i tried to bench 370. Maybe I just did too much that day. I've changed my program now though, each muscle group once a week instead of twice and I wont be lifting heavy every time I get in the gym.......moral of the story....WORK OUT SMART!!!

Thread Information