Crono is offline New Member

Question Want to start a cycle, but should I go by age or development?

I've read a few posts, and the consensus with everyone is to wait until 20 to start your first cycle. Well, I'm 18 and look 23. I can grow a full beard, and a full chest of hair. My height has not increased in 5 years. Would I be alright to start? if not, I will have to settle for andro.

cnyce89 is offline Banned
    being ready doesnt have anything to do with how much hair your able to grow....i think we all need mor einfo...

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    at 18 bro, your body is chock full of test! forget the andro, its a waste of money. go with creatine, l-glutamine, heavy training, and TONS of food. you'll grow like a weed! meanwhile read, read , read, on aas, so that when you are ready for a cycle, you will know exactly what you need to do. there is no substitute for knowledge.

juiceon is offline Associate Member

Re: Want to start a cycle, but should I go by age or development?

Originally posted by Crono
    Well, I'm 18 and look 23.
    That does not mean a thing. I hope you are not just looking to justify a short cut, because there is none. You have to work hard before anabolics will do you any good. Be patient and improve your workouts, diet, learn more about how your body responds to training (and overtraining). Meanwhile, read about gear casually. You will learn more and it will be more meaningful if you are not just rushing to put together a cycle.

Originally posted by cnyce89
    being ready doesnt have anything to do with how much hair your able to grow....i think we all need mor einfo...
    Well, I'm 5'10, 190lbs, and as I said before, I haven't grown an inch in 5 years. I've only been training for a few months, but my body is naturally built; I wear the 190lbs quit well in my opinon. My progress is going too slow for my liking, so I was interested in doing a cycle to start me off in the right direction. Any other opinions on this?

Dancer is offline Anabolic Member
    I can relate, why I was in your shoes 4 years ago... I did my first cycle at 18....
    At that time I had worked out for 2 years I was growing but setainly not as fast as I wanted, so I let the devil out of the vial...
    there is nothing that I nor anyone else can say to stop you from expresing your free will, but you said you are growing and "I've read a few posts"
    don't have a bad experience losing your virginity, it only one time you want to pop out the pin fine, no one can stop you, but you know as well as everyone that has responded that you have not educated yourself yet... reading a few posts isn't enough... before you do something that you're going to regret selfeducate...

good luck

ptbyjason Guest
    Originally posted by Crono

I've only been training for a few months

Bro, trust me on this. You are not ready for a cycle. You are still learning how to workout. You really haven't learned what it takes for your body to respond. It takes a long time before you realize what it takes to train properly. This isn't an insult to you. No one knows how to push their body to the best of its ability at first. Give it some time. I started working out at 18, just like you are. I put on a ton of weight naturally. It took me about 9 months to a year to start eating right, working out consistently, and pushing myself in the gym. All I took was creatine after my 9 months and I grew like crazy. I was constantly accused of being on steroids because I grew so fast. But all I did was use my natural testosterone , creatine, ate right, and trained hard. You will learn more and more as time goes on. I promise you I know 10 times as much now as I knew then. You just need to give it some time, you will know when you are truly ready.

Thanks for the feedback. I realize my knowledge in the field is lacking, that is why I came to the board. During the next few months I will see how my body responds to daily training, while reading up on posts. Can anyone point me to a good all-around body workout regimen.

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor

heres a copy of my routine bro.

good decision man.

Day 1-chest
    Flat barbell bench press-4 sets, 2-5-8-10 reps
    Incline dumbbell press-4 sets, 6-8-12-12 reps
    Pec deck-3 sets, 10-16 reps
    Incline machine press-3 sets, 8-12 reps
    Cable crossovers-3 sets, 12-20 reps

Day 2-back

Bent barbell rows-4 sets, 6-8-10-12 reps
    Hammer strength pulldowns-4 sets, 8-10-12-12 reps
    Low pulley rows-4 sets, 10-12-12-15 reps
    Pulldowns with narrow v-bar-3 sets, 10-10-12 reps

Day 3-shoulders

Barbell shoulder press-4 sets, 4-6-8-10 reps
    Side laterals-4 sets, 8-10-10-12 reps
    Rear delt machine-4 sets, 8-10-10-12 reps
    Shrugs- 4 sets, 12-20, reps
    Side lateral machine-3 sets, 12-15-20 reps

Day 4-arms(superset tris and bis)

Straight barbell curl-4 sets, 4-6-8-10 reps
    Scull crushers-4 sets, 4-6-8-10 reps
    Dumbellcurls-3 sets, 8-10-10-12 reps
    Cable pressdowns-3 sets, 8-10-10-12 reps

Do a set of bis then a set of tris,etc…

Day 5-legs

Barbell squat- 5 sets, 2-4-6-8-10 reps
    Leg extentions-4 sets, 8-10-12-12 reps
    Hack squats-4 sets, 8-10-10-12 reps
    Hamstrings
    Stiffleg deadlifts-4 sets, 8-10-10-12 reps
    Lying leg curls- 4 sets 10-10-12-12 reps
    Calves
    Seated raises-4 sets, 6-8-10-12 reps
    Standing raises-8-10-12-15 reps

All sets are to ABSOLUTE MUSCLE FAILURE!!!
    Abs should be done twice a week.
    Eat 3000-4000 calories a day

Hope this helps. I havnt changed my routine in 10 years and it continues to work, I just increase the weight.

atwa is offline Associate Member
    your stll to young to get started on gear.......train hard,eat tons of good food and get plenty of rest. at your age you got plenty of test flowing through them veins.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i'd have to agree with the boys. at 18, you have ALOT of test already in your body. more important than that is the fact that you haven't drawn enough out of you're natural potential yet. you should be able to add like 15lbs naturally, THEN add juice and put some more on. we generally tell people to wait until 20 or 21 becuase that means that could have been training naturally for 3 or 4 years. i know it's hard, i'm only a few years older than you. we all know that if you really are gonna do it, what we say doesn't matter. however, IMO, you should wait.

Thread Information