Diva is offline Female Member

Superman syndrome

I was just curious about this side effect due to some steroids . When a person gets into this this frame of mind, what is the best way of dealing with them? They seem to be quite resistant to any means of discussing a problem or situation with them, no matter how tactfully they are approached . Why are they like this, and how can someone deal with them in a civil basis.

It seems to me that when they are in this state, they will go off ona person for even saying the smallest thing that they may have to defend themselves or answer for. Should a person even bother trying to say anything at all, and just allow themselves to be steam rolled, just to avoid a fight? I am not talking about roid rage or anything. I just notice that they lash out at you, totally refuse to hear they are worng in how they deal with things.

What can a person do when faced with a situation like this one?

Grant is offline Member
    it shouldn't be like that at all, the person you are talking about has a social defiency that is probably unrelated to AS.

T$sMechamT/A is offline Junior Member
    i agree, probably isnt the steriods . sounds like a personal problem

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    IMO it sounds like this person had this problem before AS. Id say its a social problem also. Some people are just a-holes...

OG

I wish that I could agree, but this behavoir is so totally uncharacteristic of him, it is not even funny. I cannot say it is roid rage at all. I am not afraid for my life or being hit or anything close to that. Anything I have heard about roid rage relates to violence and abuse. This is not like that at all. There is the odd verbal abuse but it is done in very quick and short bursts.

On this site I read that Trenbolone mixed with test enth will sometimes do this to people. Well this person is running this cycle right now, and is bridging into a cutting cycle and is using winny to bridge with right now. Since the winny started it has seemed to get worse.

I know that having an arguement with a person in this state is not advisable. However, I cannot say anything at all. It is also easy to say this type of behavoir is a myth or an excuse to behave like a jerk. However, I know this person better then anyone else, and KNOW for a fact that this is not normal, or characteristic. People can say it is a mental problem, but this did not start until just recently. This person is normally very laid back and carefree.

Now is there anyone out there that can help me out with this, rather then discount the problem as being valid or legitimate?

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I'm truly not being sarcastic when I say this, but if you honestly feel this behavior is a direct result of his AAS use then you owe it to your friend to bring up your concern. I'm not familiar with the problem but I won't discount what you are experiencing because I truly don't know if this is a result of AAS or not...for all I know it could be. But as I said, you really should be discussing this with him. I'll BUMP for more input.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Diva, no one is discounting the legitimacy of the problem. We all here know what ur talking about. What we are saying is we feel its not the AS doing it to the person. Although i did have some increase in agression while on tren but it didnt make me an a-hole. Is there any other stress related issues going on with him? Could he be trying to tell u something but doesnt have the heart to tell u? Is this a bf or just a friend? If its a bf iv seen some bros who act like that when they want to break up or take a break from the relationship?? Just trying to figure it all out?

OG

Tedmax195 is offline Member
    I cannot speak for anyone on this board except myself. I am a carefree person like your friend and and i am "on" as we speak. I noticed that my patience is very short but i'm fine other than that. Recently i have been going through some problems with my soon to be wife and this roid rage has not manifested itself at all, again i can only speak for myself here. I know you don't want to hear this but maybe they're some other issues like problems at work or other stress related things, i don't believe AS is the main contributor to his problems. I hope you find out what the problem is. just my 2 cents

Thanks Pete. Believe me I have tried to discuss the steroids with him, and he only gets more pissed off. I do think he is aware of the problem, but refuses to acknowledge it. He only has a couple of weeks left over, but I don't know if I want to even ride this behavoir out for one more day, let alone a a few more weeks.

Since I am on a small cycle, I am the last person on this earth that wants to blame steroids for being a jackass. It is no excuse, and I know that. I can say that I would sometimes lose my temper a little too quickly, but once it was mentioned, I have made a huge effort to make sure I don't let it happen again. I am not verbally abusive at all though. Even with the crap I have been putting up with since my friend has been the biggest a$$hole in the world, I have not gotten into a big arguement over it. I back off and leave things alone. I still manage to do this even when I want to pounce on his face and rip his eyeballs out.

I know steroids are mood enhancing and whatever mood you happen to be in, will be better better or worse depending. However, when somoene gets mad on gear and spews verbally abusive things at somoene, did they always have that on thier mind to begin with? Or do they just try to say the meanest thing they can come up with?

There must be somebody that knows what I am talking about here. It seems like all men on gear are in a state of denial about being jackasses while they are deep into a cycle. I always hear the guys saying they are fine and then their wives are saying they are full of crap.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    If you act like an asshole before taking AS's chances are you'll act like a bigger asshole when you're on.....
    Your fuse get's alittle shorter yeah but nothing that's going to make you stab your g/f or wife etc.....

Lynn is offline Female Member
    Hey Diva.. i'm assuming we are talking about your other half Just tough it out and stay out of his way for the next couple of weeks, I know Kev gets like that a little too but only when on cycle. He will be okay, just give him some room, I know that is hard when you work with him.

Grant is offline Member
    The key word is amplification. This is what AS might do to people. If they are low in patience or have a propensity to get angry, then this will enhance it. As far as a person coming into a totally altered state, then there is something substantially wrong besides the AS use. I hear where you are coming from and i know that he may never act like this, but there has to be something in conjunction with AS that is modifying his behavior. AS isn't the sole catalyst responsible his change in moods and behavior.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It sounds to me like you are making excuses for him. I don't care whether it is the AAS or not. Every person has the right to be treated with respect and free of verbal or physical abuse. You need to make very clear to him in no uncertain terms that this is unacceptable or you will be in for a long and unhappy life. It is obvious you care for this person but if they care for you then they will see the pain this is causing you and take the appropriate steps to stop it. If you are looking for an answer to the problem then look inside yourself.

McBain is offline Member
    I agree with Rickson. I noticed I had a shorter temper (as my moods were intensified on test) but if I made the effort it was totally controllable. Maybe he just isn't trying to control it.... Either way you deserve to be treated with respect, I would say talk to him about it. Maybe make notes of what he says to you or what he does, then once he is "off" show him what he did. Might make more of an impact. Or show it to him while he is on, he may not even be aware of it.

Thanks for the replies everyone. First of all, I don't feel comfortable disclosing whom the person is, be it a brother, a training partner or any close family member, it still hurts to be lashed out at and dismissed as a person that ever exsisted for peroids of time.

I do try my best to talk with him, but if he is in a mood (I put him in for wanting to talk about stuff in the first place), he will refuse to even listen. I try to get him to talk about things that are bothering him be with his work, or personal life. He has never been a big one for talking about things and looking like he may have some sort of emotions. Most men are like this though, and woman need to understand they need their space in that sense. I do try not to overstep my bounds but some situations tend to be hairer then others.

I hope he will be in a better mood when I see him again. I think I just needed to vent since it can be exasperating at times.

Thread Information