Ihavealottolearn is offline New Member

Steroids and the "I want it yesterday!" culture

At the risk of opening a can of worms and getting seriously flamed in the process I want to see where this leads (as long as it is'nt to me being banned of course!).

I've just read another newbie to this forums question on steroids as hes just starting out and wonder if people here are juicing because they've gone as far as they can go natural or are they in a rush to get as big as possible?

I think steroids are just another part of our pill popping culture in the sense of "Got a cold? Take these!" "Can't get it up? Take this!" or "Feeling drained? Use this!" in that steroids are seen as "Want to gain loads of muscle quickly? Take these!".

I have heard that unless you get your diet and workouts right you are'nt going to get the full benefit of your money (let alone your effort!) until you do.

I want to be alot bigger than I am but while I'd love to get to heavyweight bodybuilder size by the end of the week I want to see what is possible and know what I'm doing before I even consider going down this road. What is the most people have gained? What did it cost them in side effects? and would they recommend it to someone else or was it sheer hell?

As my username says I DO have alot to learn and would love to hear your thought on this unless your flaming me in which case I will run and hide.

J0k3R is offline Associate Member
    Lets get your stats first..

weight
    height
    bodyfat

steroids are just the icing on the cake.

Combined with years of training(correct training) Dieting, getting the right amount of rest they will have optimal benefits.

To a newbie just starting out and using juice to get motivated is counter productive because A:they will eventually end there cycle, lose all gains, then stop traing. OR B: Never come off and become a serious hazard to themselves.

I dont think you will get flamed bro you went about it very well

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    As long as your of age, train and diet properly and have educated yourself fully on the risks and benefits of steroid use there really isn't in the way of harsh sides. Steroid law is more a function of our cultures "hysteria" and "hypocrisy" towards public health than anything else. You can take steroids and no matter what whether you lift or not you will gain muscle and lose fat mass. Having said that if you train and diet properly you will gain and retain more muscle mass after the fact. Most steroid users are well educated thirty something professionals that are very health conscience. For the typical steroid user the whole pill popping culture does not apply and it is ignorant of current medical literature to believe so based on opinion or conjecture.

There I think i successfully killed this thread.....LOL

Age, late 20's
    Height, about 5'10
    Lifting experience, did some weights for about a year and a half before suffering with irritable bowl syndrome and want to get back in the saddle and make some gains.
    Bodyfat, no idea but my waist is about 36/37.

I want to know more about steroids and find out if the "everyone in the gym who's over 10 stone is taking them" Is credible or just aload of verbal bollocks?

shifty_git is offline Anabolically Aware
    Great post fella.

Like the guys have said so far, all depends on what your base is when you use them.

See them as ya ace card, so it should only be pulled when you REALLY need it.

I totally agree that AAS use has got silly, and this actually is to be blamed on the media rather than the bodybuilding culture.

When ever the media does a report on steroids they always say they are bad, but then show lots of pics of huge guys but also pics of tops sports stars.

Linking those things together people will then assume all they have to do is take steroids to look good / get bigger... and don't see the hard training and dieting that also goes into the process.

Check out the injected vids on the steroid .com homepage, there's some great ones on there with positive media concerning AAS.

J0k3R is offline Associate Member
    You have to start somewhere, and that should be training properly and dieting. Late twenties will be hard to start gaining muscle, but consider a natural test booster such as myogenX. You check out the dieting log with myogenX and a proper training routine you'll grow.

Dont base quilifying for a cycle on weight. If you do that and your new to the gym with terrible form, the strength gains combined with poor form can be very dangerous.

This would save us all alot of typing if you would please just read every sticky on the Q&A ( the threads that are always on the top of the forum)

Read them all, twice over. if you dont understand a term, google it. I did it, so did most here. its a good start.

In the mean time get some training under your belt, get a solid diet down, rest good and take advantage of those sweet sweet newbie gains

You have'nt killed it musclescience! You've just added more points/questions to which the answers are surely in this forum somewhere! Like how to keep gains and (I have heard of it) the importance of coming off cycles and why it is important.

Before this becomes a bullet point thread the main points I'm curious about is how many poeple here have taken steroids to "speed things up?" (assuming there are any brave enough to admit it now?) and how many have got as big as they can naturally. As well as asking how big can the average Joe get in how much time when they get it right?

At least some of you must think its worth it or this forum would'nt exist. Someone in my gym once spoke of a bouncer where he was working almost growing as you were talking to him (maybe one day!). We have an idea of what people expect but what is actually possible if people go hell for leather and has anyone here done it?

NATE0406 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavealottolearn View Post
    You have'nt killed it musclescience! You've just added more points/questions to which the answers are surely in this forum somewhere! Like how to keep gains and (I have heard of it) the importance of coming off cycles and why it is important.

Before this becomes a bullet point thread the main points I'm curious about is how many poeple here have taken steroids to "speed things up?" (assuming there are any brave enough to admit it now?) and how many have got as big as they can naturally. As well as asking how big can the average Joe get in how much time when they get it right?

At least some of you must think its worth it or this forum would'nt exist. Someone in my gym once spoke of a bouncer where he was working almost growing as you were talking to him (maybe one day!). We have an idea of what people expect but what is actually possible if people go hell for leather and has anyone here done it?
    bro to be honest you have kinda lost me here. no one here is going to explain every aspect of body building and aas usage. no one can really answer a lot of your questions. ie... no ones knows how big "the average joe" can get. what you become is totally up to you. as far as your other questions about why the importance of coming off of cycles and how to keep your gains are questions that could very easily be answered with a little research. now as far as pill popers that is a rediculous statement. hell i dont even use pills. lol. aas is blown up by the media.

shifty_git is offline Anabolically Aware
    Training 45 % / Diet 45% / AAS 10%

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavealottolearn View Post

I was only kidding, I have a habit of killing threads after I post in them.......

Quote Originally Posted by NATE0406 View Post
    bro to be honest you have kinda lost me here. no one here is going to explain every aspect of body building and aas usage. no one can really answer a lot of your questions. ie... no ones knows how big "the average joe" can get. what you become is totally up to you. as far as your other questions about why the importance of coming off of cycles and how to keep your gains are questions that could very easily be answered with a little research. now as far as pill popers that is a rediculous statement. hell i dont even use pills. lol. aas is blown up by the media.

And I have a habit of being misundertood. I tried in my last post to head off the bullet point of bodybuilding and focus on weather poeple are using roids for speed of muscle growth or just to increase size as well as trying to see if anyone knew (not heard of ) the most muscle gained while on juice?

I intend to learn from my fellow gymrats about bodybuilding and diet. I am looking here to learn about roids as wether I take them or not I'd like to know the facts and peoples experience NOT the media's You too fat/thin/big/tall/on edge/laid back and never just fine brainwashing.

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, I think you may never get a completely clear answer. The media has it completely wrong and on here you will see a variety of people. There are people on here who use AAS that probably should not. There are also plenty of people that choose to learn as much as they can and decide to do them with wonderful results. There are also people who follow everything as planned yet have side effects. No one can guess what will happen if you do them, but the answers you want will not come from one person or even one blog. What you must do is commit yourself to reading hundreds of posts and you will begin to form a rational opinion towards AAS. If you want to learn you came to the right place. But rather than asking for everyone to tell their story, you should just look around as everyone who wants to share already has in a prior post. I am not trying to avoid your question, but rather point you in a direction to help you find the answer.
    Good Luck.

RikuY is offline Junior Member
    This is a great discussion!

I don't think your original question will be answered. I think there are two classes of AAS users. Ones who are ready to use them with proper research, expectations, and preparations. And the other ones are people who aren't ready for them. I expect this type to be the ones who yo-yo with gains, lose a lot of it, and are looking for the quick fix. I also think the first class undergoes some of these issues as well, but more as a result of life's challenges.

If it wasn't for this board and members, I would probably be on cycle now. I have learned I am not ready, potential side-effects that may keep from ever cycling, and how big of a commitment AAS use really is. But, you most certainly have different criteria for your life.

I really like this membership because the level of dedication to the lifestyle is the best and most strict, in my opinion. Not too many keyboard commando-types here. These people are the real deal...

Hope this helps.

Thread Information