hacksign is offline Junior Member

Just so ironic that this is where I get my "Supplements" from!!!

I can't believe this, my car was found after being stolen 6 months ago! Of all places where did they find the dang thing? Where else but Mexico!

I'm surprised I didn't see it when I go down there to get my cycle! haha...

But anyways, it really bites, my stupid insurance company is not covering any of the costs right now because they are in rehabilitaion. I called the California Insurance Commission and they told me that I have to suck it up and only if the company files for bankrupcy they will then cover me, but until then I'm screwed!

Anyone know about this kinda crap? It's going to cost me $3,000 to get it transported to me and I have to pay it myself! Not to mention I have to fix it myself, the guy that is going to transport it told me they swapped the rims on it, took all the stereo and dvd equipment, there's a large dent in the fender and some other damage to the vehicle! Only thing he suggests is that I save all my receipts!

I'm just lucky that I pulled a few side jobs last week and I have the $3,000 to pay for it, my bank called and said that if I didn't get it myself they would repo it! What kinda shit is that? Well, there goes my Anavar money, Not to mention the $4,000 I have to dish out just to replace the rims, + more money to go to replace the dvd screens and system and a new paint job and body work.

Anyone?

K Dog is offline Associate Member
    Damn bro that shit sucks.

Mastiff is offline Member
    Sorry to hear that. Is it driveable? If it is, you could get a bro to go down and drive it back, and get some gear while he is there. Pay the guys plane ticket and gas money. Everyone comes out ahead. He gets a chance to get Mexican gear, and you don't have to shell out 3 grand.

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, that does suck. I have had much experience with dealing with insurance companies, and your situation definitely blows pretty bad. Keep all the receits, EVERY single one. Document everything that is happening, every cost you incur, every minute you have to miss work, every cent you spent on a rental, everything. Get an estimate on the damage, but don't fix anything unless you have to. Keep all that, and just be patient. There is a statue of limitations on all insurance procedures and they usually work in the consumer's benefit. I think once you file a claim, they have 30 days to respond, or something close to that. Make your claim asap. If they do not pay or tell you whats up in that time, call the dept. of insurance and let them know. They won't take kindly to simple complaints, it has to be regarding a particular rule that they are violating. The state of california in particular has a heavy hand when it comes to insurance companies, so don't worry, it'll probably work out in your favor.

Go file complaints with the better business bureau, www.bbb.org

consumer affairs of california, look it up on google or yahoo. There are forms that you'll need to print out and fax in.

And then the CDI, cali dept of insurance. They have toll free numbers you can call to get help.

Good luck

Thanks for all the info, I am going to keep all my receipts, it is driveable but I don't know by how much. Most of that $3,000 is for storage cost, it's still locked away in Mexico and they have to get it released.

As far as the CDI and filing my claim, I did so 6 months ago, only rehabilitation is a state order freezing the Insurance company from paying out any claims. Basically they are going to go bankrupt and THEN the state will take over claims or they will get reinstated and THEN they will start to process claims. Either way I'm screwed!

Thread Information