AvBill is offline New Member

Making plans to get swoll

Im trying to get my crap together and really get serious about lifting. Ive lifted on and off since High School, but genetically I suck so I never really get past a certain point and give up.
    I ordered a cycle( we'll see if I get it). I know most people recommend lifting for a long time b4 starting, so I need to start regimenting my shit and gettting down 2 business. Right now Im eating good, but I cheat more than I need to(sweets). Im lifting 2-3 times a week.
    Its hard baby sitting my boy and trying to get a serious workout at night so Ill probably join the gym and go in the mornings. Does anybody have a good workout for me to do?
    Im 5'6" 150lbs, I dont care to get huge, I just want my arms/calves to get bigger. I guess a workout where I can bulk a little and still get cut.

I know I could search the site and find one, but Im limited on computer time so if somebody would be so kind to spell it out for me that'd be great.

P.s. My cycle is supposed to be
    Test -C
    Clomid
    Novaldex
    They recommend 500mg a week for 10 weeks, but I thought pyramiding was the way to go. What would be a better way to distribute it??

_007 is offline Associate Member
    how old are you? btw dont pyramid test its old school

jstraw428 is offline Anabolic Member
    If you do get your cycle, you should put it aside until you are fully committed to working out......2-3 times a week is not going to cut it......And really, if you got your diet in order, you could probably acheive the goals you want without AAS........

What does your diet look like now?

10nispro is offline Productive Member
    Welcome....BTW how old are you? One thing that jumps out at me is you saying you get to a point and then quit. You will have to check that attitude at the door, because going to the dark side takes lots of dedication.

First thing you need to do is look at the diet section and read..

Doing a pyramid cycle is dumb....hence more reading.

Don't jump into water head first without knowing the depth.

ricanmafia is offline Associate Member
    hope it all goes good for you brah... fix your workout plan..

im almost 27

A good day for me diet wise
    8amBreakfast= egg whites/ oats
    10am=granola bar in between lunch
    12pm lunch = steak or chicken w/ broccoli and carrots
    3pm = the same
    supper- whatever my old lady cooks, which is usually healthy
    10pm or so= PB+J sandwich

Like I said thats a god day for me, Ill usually cheat a meal 3-4 times a week.

On workout days Ill have a protein shake b4 workout

Mbuffguy is offline Banned
    dude that is a shitty diet i eat more in the first 3out of 9 meals of my day .please read about steroids way more get your routein down change your diet and save the juice for way way way longer like 4-5 years

jstraw428 is offline Anabolic Member
    Diet is definately not in order.....I guarantee that you think you are eating more than you actually are......I weigh out everything i eat, down to the gram........Plus 3-4 cheat meals a week is way too much......You need to limit the amount of crap food you put in your body.......Once a week should be plenty.......I try to cheat once a month, but it usually comes to twice a month

TJM7275 is offline Banned
    Read brother Read. Dont be like so many other idiots and start pumping juice into your body before having a clue, its not worth it and you will waste you money. Set some realistic goals for yourself and stick to them, first being commited to the gym, Gear are not magic beans man, just a small piece of the puzzle. Geet you diet in check, NO SWEETS..lol. First get to the gym and while you are starting to get into a regime read about diet and get that in check. Then come back and consider Steroids . Best of Luck to you Bro

Quote Originally Posted by TJM7275 View Post
    Read brother Read. Dont be like so many other idiots and start pumping juice into your body before having a clue, its not worth it and you will waste you money. Set some realistic goals for yourself and stick to them, first being commited to the gym, Gear are not magic beans man, just a small piece of the puzzle. Geet you diet in check, NO SWEETS..lol. First get to the gym and while you are starting to get into a regime read about diet and get that in check. Then come back and consider Steroids. Best of Luck to you Bro

Ok guys, appreciate the advice. Ill keep looking around and try to find a better diet to get on. And I need to find a solid 4 day workout routine.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    this might help with the diet, it's a thread i wrote a while back, hope it helps

DIET HELP

here is the diet that i'm on right now, it's a good base to go off of, listed below are things to help you create your own diet off it

1) One thing that will help you drastically is called carb tapering, if you notice the bulk of my carbs are in the morning and after my workout, i don't eat hardly any close to when i go to sleep

2) Another thing is that eat meal is either protein/carb or protein/fat and the fats are good fats(EFA=Essential fatty acids) from flax oil or fish oil. Try not to eat fat with carbs as the fat will become, well, fat since your body is made to be energy efficient, by putting carbs, which are easier to break down for energy, in the same meal as fats your body stores the fat for later and uses the carbs for energy, not what you want.

3) try to eat every 2-3 hours, this is the amount of time it takes for your body to digest a meal and by giving it a constant stream of food you will ensure that your metabolism is kept high, also, calories are not the same, protein has the highest thermodynamic effect, which means that it takes more calories to digest protein than carbs or fat, this also increases your metabolism

4) You should try to get at least 50-60g of protein in every meal, this is about the max your body can take at one time

5) here are some tricks for making eating so often easier, i know it's hard, i go to school 8 hours a day and i'm not allowed to bring food into class so i have to work around that
    a) Make a weeks worth of food on your day off, go buy a ton of chicken, lean turkey and very lean beef and grill it, then put it in ziplock bags and label with the amount of calories and protein per bag, YOU WILL NEED TO BUY A CHEAP SCALE FOR THIS, YOU CAN GET THEM AT GNC, MAKE SURE YOU GET ONE THAT WEIGHS IN GRAMS.
    b) save grocery sacks or get a lunch box and put a full three meals or so in there, lots of chicken, jerky, tuna, those are gonna be the staples of your diet

6) Don't drink more than two protein shakes a day, there are liquid and don't have the thermic effect normal food does, normal food should make up 95% of your diet, though a shake after workout or in a pinch is perfectly fine

that should get you started, i'm sure you'll still have questions so just keep posting and i'll help you however i can, i'll be in austin though for the next couple days for a state competition, though i'll try to get on at the hotel if you post and answer when i can, here's the diet i'm on to model after

Meal 1 - 5 egg whites (cal 80, pro18), Oats 80g (cal295 carb51 pro12 fat5), 1scoop whey (cal112, carb2.5, pro23, fat1.5). sprinkle cinnamon. TOTALS - Cal 485, carbs 53 pro 50, Fat 6.5

WORKOUT

PWO - 2 scoop whey (cal224, carb5, pro46, fat3), WMS 80g (cal280 carb68) TOTALS – Cal519, carbs73, pro58 fat 3

PPWO - Tuna 1/2 tin (cal 72,carb0 pro15 ), Oats 80g (cal295 carb51 pro12 fat4) 1scoop whey (cal112, carb2.5, pro23, fat1.5) TOTALS – cal480 carbs53 pro50 fat5.5

meal 4 - 175g chicken (cal289 pro54 fat5) Coconut Oil (cal83 fat9g) TOTALS – cal372, pro54, fat14

Meal 5 - 175g chicken (cal289 pro54 fat5) Flax Oil (cal83 fat9g) TOTALS – cal372, pro54, fat14

Meal 6 - 175g chicken (cal289 pro54 fat5) hemp Oil (cal83 fat9g) TOTALS – cal372, pro54, fat14

Before Bed – Lean Mince200g (cal328 pro51 fat12) TOTALS cal328 pro51 fat12

DAILY TOTAL Cal 2928Carbs 179 Protein 360 fat 68.5

Each chicken meal served with a handful of fibrous green veg bringing carbs to approx 200g per day in total.

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    ATX born n raised

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    phate186,

Some questions on your diet. How do eat your oats? Meaning, do you add anything to them? Or they plain oats with cinnamon on them? Ive tried to eat them plain or added some dried fruit to them. It's just nasty with no sugar though. Maybe it is just me . Also, on the tuna, how do you prepare that as well? Im trying to get my diet on track but nothing tastes that great yet. Maybe Ive just been used to butter and salt for to long, I dunno.

Thanks!

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    alot of us eat things we dont like

ps. there is a whole diet/recipes section

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by james21 View Post
    alot of us eat things we dont like

ps. there is a whole diet/recipes section
    Thanks, I just can figure out how people eat plain oats. Some nasty stuff! I do know of some great recipes already. Noticed oats always seem to be the most popular.

Awesome man, thanks. You guys from Austin? Thats not too far from me
    Can you tell me what WMS on your PWO?, and mince are?

Quote Originally Posted by phate186 View Post
    this might help with the diet, it's a thread i wrote a while back, hope it helps

DIET HELP

here is the diet that i'm on right now, it's a good base to go off of, listed below are things to help you create your own diet off it

1) One thing that will help you drastically is called carb tapering, if you notice the bulk of my carbs are in the morning and after my workout, i don't eat hardly any close to when i go to sleep

2) Another thing is that eat meal is either protein/carb or protein/fat and the fats are good fats(EFA=Essential fatty acids) from flax oil or fish oil. Try not to eat fat with carbs as the fat will become, well, fat since your body is made to be energy efficient, by putting carbs, which are easier to break down for energy, in the same meal as fats your body stores the fat for later and uses the carbs for energy, not what you want.

3) try to eat every 2-3 hours, this is the amount of time it takes for your body to digest a meal and by giving it a constant stream of food you will ensure that your metabolism is kept high, also, calories are not the same, protein has the highest thermodynamic effect, which means that it takes more calories to digest protein than carbs or fat, this also increases your metabolism

4) You should try to get at least 50-60g of protein in every meal, this is about the max your body can take at one time

5) here are some tricks for making eating so often easier, i know it's hard, i go to school 8 hours a day and i'm not allowed to bring food into class so i have to work around that
    a) Make a weeks worth of food on your day off, go buy a ton of chicken, lean turkey and very lean beef and grill it, then put it in ziplock bags and label with the amount of calories and protein per bag, YOU WILL NEED TO BUY A CHEAP SCALE FOR THIS, YOU CAN GET THEM AT GNC, MAKE SURE YOU GET ONE THAT WEIGHS IN GRAMS.
    b) save grocery sacks or get a lunch box and put a full three meals or so in there, lots of chicken, jerky, tuna, those are gonna be the staples of your diet

6) Don't drink more than two protein shakes a day, there are liquid and don't have the thermic effect normal food does, normal food should make up 95% of your diet, though a shake after workout or in a pinch is perfectly fine

that should get you started, i'm sure you'll still have questions so just keep posting and i'll help you however i can, i'll be in austin though for the next couple days for a state competition, though i'll try to get on at the hotel if you post and answer when i can, here's the diet i'm on to model after

Meal 1 - 5 egg whites (cal 80, pro18), Oats 80g (cal295 carb51 pro12 fat5), 1scoop whey (cal112, carb2.5, pro23, fat1.5). sprinkle cinnamon. TOTALS - Cal 485, carbs 53 pro 50, Fat 6.5

WORKOUT

PWO - 2 scoop whey (cal224, carb5, pro46, fat3), WMS 80g (cal280 carb68) TOTALS – Cal519, carbs73, pro58 fat 3

PPWO - Tuna 1/2 tin (cal 72,carb0 pro15 ), Oats 80g (cal295 carb51 pro12 fat4) 1scoop whey (cal112, carb2.5, pro23, fat1.5) TOTALS – cal480 carbs53 pro50 fat5.5

meal 4 - 175g chicken (cal289 pro54 fat5) Coconut Oil (cal83 fat9g) TOTALS – cal372, pro54, fat14

Meal 5 - 175g chicken (cal289 pro54 fat5) Flax Oil (cal83 fat9g) TOTALS – cal372, pro54, fat14

Meal 6 - 175g chicken (cal289 pro54 fat5) hemp Oil (cal83 fat9g) TOTALS – cal372, pro54, fat14

Before Bed – Lean Mince200g (cal328 pro51 fat12) TOTALS cal328 pro51 fat12

DAILY TOTAL Cal 2928Carbs 179 Protein 360 fat 68.5

Each chicken meal served with a handful of fibrous green veg bringing carbs to approx 200g per day in total.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AvBill View Post
    im almost 27

A good day for me diet wise
    8amBreakfast= egg whites/ oats
    10am=granola bar in between lunch
    12pm lunch = steak or chicken w/ broccoli and carrots
    3pm = the same
    supper- whatever my old lady cooks, which is usually healthy
    10pm or so= PB+J sandwich

Like I said thats a god day for me, Ill usually cheat a meal 3-4 times a week.

On workout days Ill have a protein shake b4 workout
    You are in no way ready for a cycle. I don't care about the excuses, if you don't have the time/education on diet and routine you will waste your hard earned money and time on a cycle.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    WMS is waxy maize starch, look it up, it's an amazing product

lean mince is just 93/7 or 96/4 ground beef that you cook

use splenda or something in your oats to make them more edible, also davinci sugar free flavorings are great along with sugar free jelly preserves

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    What does your cheat meal look like if your "good day diet" involves eating PBJ sandwiches?

Need more calories bro

Pizza or a hamburger at least once a week. And I love Mexican food. I can be a bad bad boy

Im serious about changing though, I went and got me a gram scale for my food today.
    Last edited by AvBill; 05-25-2008 at 05:50 PM.

Thread Information