Thread: post cycle ???s

pumpseeker is offline Senior Member

post cycle ???s

OK, when coming off, I've been reading you should keep the calories high and clean and continue to lift HEAVY but no cardio. Is that correct?

I'll be finishing my 1st cycle soon and want to hold onto the 23 lbs. I've gained (as much as is possible). I'll be running cell tech and clomid along with some ldex and nolv and keeping calories where they are during the cycle at about 3,500.

Medicine Man is offline Associate Member
    to each their own buddy... it used to be that people would slow down their workouts, do higher reps, less weight, fewer days... this would continue for a few weeks... as for diet... keep protein intake high and eat the right carbs.... i wouldnt do much cardio yet.... as for ME... i maintain all my gains, and i keep working hard... but i increase glutamine and creatine on post cycle... also add an extra protein shake....
    good luck
    MM

Medicine Man is offline Associate Member
    hey -- why you runing ldex and nolva???

if i were you i would go one day off or lifting and do some heavy stuff in conjunction with some lighter weight (higher rep) stuff... more drop sets, super sets, giant sets...
    peace

King Samson is offline Associate Member
    pumpseeker, you are correct and on the right track bro. I wouldn't worry too much about eating clean as I would keeping the caloies up though. I find it almost impossable to keep the calories up and keep the fat real low unless you are living on shakes or something.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    When coming off you should also allow more rest and recovery. You want to keep off detraining and muscular atrophy - but also overtraining. You needed less recovery time for bodyparts while "on" - now you need more again to keep up with super compensation (to keep getting results).

Doing negatives, giant sets, and drop sets every workout may have been your norm while on... but remember, you are not "on" anymore. Go back to conventional training to keep from overtraining physically and mentally.

King Samson is offline Associate Member
    Good advise Warrior. Very important not to overtrain at this time.

thanks for the feedback...

MM-I'm taking the ldex and nolv until the end of clomid to be on the safe side. 0.5 mg/ED ldex and 20mg EOD nolv. Sound good?

KS-I plan to keep calories at 3,000-3,500 and very clean. I'm just keeping the same diet that I am using while on. Eating every 3 hours, 3 shakes/PB sandwiches and 3 BIG whole food meals every day.

Warrior-I've been using supersets, drop sets, and negatives plenty while "on". I still plan to lift heavy while off but will only use these sparingly. Should I be doing more high rep workouts instead? Also, I lift on a 2 on, 1 off schedule...hitting the same body part every 6 days or so. This seems to give my body an appropriate amount of rest so I shouldn't have any overtraining problems. But, I'll be listening to my body and avoiding the gym when I need to rest post cycle.

bump ^^

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Keep up with your strength and/or hypertrophy training for at least a few more weeks. Just don't keep on overusing advanced techniques. Don't forget big leg days - they has been shown to greatly increase natural testosterone (due to the large muscles being recruited).

If you plan on a post cycle cutting stack of Clen /ECA then adding in alternating endurance and deffinition workouts (higher reps) would be helpful.

Thread Information