Ocnorb36 is offline Junior Member

size vs strength-----which stays, which goes

A quick post cycle question. I know most have talked about the size//weight gains achieved during a cycle and the success/failure of keeping said gains. I am interested to know about the strength side. Lets say during a cycle (I am assuming you have at least 1yr of lifting experience and have overcome at least one plateau without gear) you have a max bench of 300lbs (to keep the math simple). Over a 10 week beginner cycle (400mg//deca /wk 1-10, 500mg//test//wk 1-10, dbol jumpstart 40mg//ed//wk 1-4) lets say you gain 20% on your bench making your new max 360lbs. The cycle ends, you follow clomid therapy 300mg/100mg/50mg over 3 weeks with no dbol bridge. What realistically can you expect to keep. I am not wanting advice for strength type gear. Just wanting some opinions on actual strength gains retained post cycle. Include any analysis once the dbol kick ends. I assume it is possible that the strength gains could fluctuate during the cycle making the end results vary as well.

Oc

seniormateus is offline Associate Member
    I am curious about this also and lets say anavar and masteron are substituted for d-bol at the end and the d-bol is used only at the beginning as a jump start.

seniormateus is offline Associate Member
    Exuse me ocnorb36, I thought you were running d-bol at the end. I skimmed the post and got it wrong. I-m still curious about what anavar or masteron could do towards the end. This is a good question that would help my knowledge of AS and gainskeeping also.

bump

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It is almost an impossible question to answer. Everyone is so different that knowing what strength gains you will keep would be nothing more than a wild guess.

Medicine Man is offline Associate Member
    this questions is impossible to answer... depends on how you train and how you diet for sure... i am MASSIVE for my size... i am about 185 at 5'5''... after my next cycle i hope to be about 200... BUT forget that, i train a certain way where i dont care too much about strength... i dont bench, squat, lift heavy AT ALL... i do controlled movements and that helps me fatigue and grow... HOWEVER i train a kid and i plan out his jucing cycles and he is 5'5'' 220.... he is SO SO fucking strong.... he squats 5 plates dead lifts impressive numbers, and he trains for that and is BIG as well.... i lose some strength after i juice... he doesnt... this question is a hypotheitcal which is hard to answer... first ask yourself what it is you are going for, i think once you do that you will be able to keep anything you gain
    peace
    MM

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    i went from 295 lbs bench to 345 lbs bench in a 10 week cycle, with in weeks i was only doing like 325,

now my max is back near 295 because i just got back into training hard again, i was away on basic training for 10 weeks and didnt see one weight while i was their, it was brutal. been back in the gym for like a month. was only pressing 225 4 time a month ago now doing it 12 times.
    maxing out at 295, jhopfully in the nest 3 weeks i wi ll be back to 3 plates a side, 315

gotta love that muscle memory

Bulldog that is what I was looking for. I would like personal stories of strength gains based on a cycle. I threw out a specific cycle but a cycle of your own with your own strength story is what I am interested in. Again, I hear a lot about weight and very little about strength. Just trying to get a different look at cycle results. Should have made that more clear in the original thread. Anymore strength stories would be appreciated.

Oc

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    hypothetically, lets say if you went from 300 to 360, ,continued post cycle therapy , ate well, trained well, slept well...you'd probably keep on average 320-330...imo...but like a few people have already said this is an impossible question to answer being that everyone will react differently...and like i just said, this is hypothetical...hope that helps a bit

Solo is offline Junior Member
    if you want to keep gains, long life esters are not verry good. Use shortlife water disolved gear instead, and don't cycle for 10 weeks. Cycle 2-3 weeks instead, take 6-8 weeks of, then cycle again, and repeat x times. This way you will be able to keep almost everything you gain, but ofcourse you won't gain as mutch as with longer cycles.

I have a friend whom cycled this way. He benched 250 before cycle, 280 after, and now 5 weeks later he bench 275.

Thread Information