Thread: bromocriptine?

jdroks is offline New Member

bromocriptine?

how effective is this as a diet aid?

Does it actually increase metabolism or is more of an appetite suppressant?

I have seen posts saying not to use it with Ephedrine or Clen , is this true?

If so, can it be used with yohimburn (yohimbine hcl)?

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    All I know about it is that it's main purpose in BB'ing is to combat proesterogen gyno...i have 60 2.5mg pills so bump for more info.....nathan, kizer???

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    I can't remember the specifics, but MD's most recent issue has an article about the severity of the sides from Bromo. Sorry, I can't remember the details, but I'm sure someone else has spotted it!

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    In one study that I've seen. Bromo was administered to obese subjects to see if lowered prolactin had an effect on weight loss which it did, but that is one study hardly making it a viable supplement for weight loss.
    I posted something on this about a month ago.

big ole bump for bromo info

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Apparently, if you take the drug vaginally, you'll get less side-effects.

*lol*

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    SIDE EFFECTS

Minor.

Abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, dizziness, drowsiness, fatigue, headache, insomnia, light-headedness, LOSS OF APPETITE, nasal congestion, nausea, or vomiting. These should disappear as your body adjusts to the drug.

Dizziness or fainting may occur, especially following the first dose. It is best, therefore, to take the first dose while lying down. If you feel dizzy or light-headed with later doses, sit or lie down; get up slowly; and be careful on stairs.

To relieve constipation, increase the amount of fiber in your diet (fresh fruits and vegetables, salads, bran, and whole-grain breads), exercise, and drink more water (unless your doctor directs you to do otherwise).

Major.

Tell your doctor about any side effects that are persistent or particularly bothersome. IT IS ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT TO REPORT about abnormal, involuntary movements; anxiety; confusion; convulsions; depression; difficulty in swallowing; fainting; fluid retention; hallucinations; nervousness; nightmares; skin rash; shortness of breath; tingling in the hands or feet; or visual disturbances.

WARNINGS

* Tell your doctor about unusual or allergic reactions you have had to any medications, especially to bromocriptine or ergotamine.

* Before starting this drug, tell your doctor if you now have or have ever had heart or blood vessel disease, kidney disease, liver disease, or mental disorders.

* If this drug makes you dizzy or drowsy, avoid tasks that require alertness, such as driving a car.

* Do not stop taking bromocriptine unless you first check with your doctor. Stopping the drug abruptly may lead to a worsening of your condition. Your doctor may want to reduce your dosage gradually to prevent this from occurring.

* Tell your doctor if you are pregnant. It is generally recommended that bromocriptine not be used during pregnancy because there have been reports of birth defects in both animals and humans whose mothers received the drug during pregnancy. Also, tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. Bromocriptine blocks milk production.

thecoachman is offline Associate Member
    Bromo is the only thing for bitch tits from a massive Fina cycle besides lots of winny. That is what I have found. I have had to use it too and works fast. The lump and massive pain in my left nipple was gone in a couple of days. I even did try winny and that just helped a little but not much.

hope that helps....

Originally posted by enrage
    posted by nandi from anasci.com

"You forgot to mention one thing, that is all the research that shows normal doses of bromocriptine lower testosterone in men. Normal levels of prolactin are important for testosterone production; bromocriptine lowers prolactin and inhibits test production. Here is just a small sampling of the research in this area. I would not recommend bromocriptine use. It has even been shown to lower test production in women by inhibiting steroidogenesis. Unless you know for a fact that you have elevated prolactin levels, which also suppress test, I would stay away from it. "

odd.. that that is the opposite of any available research.. would enjoy reading something to the contrary.. at least for a different perspective..
    these studies confirm raises in BOTH LH AND TEST in men and women.

Yasui, T., Irahara, M., Shisukawa, K., Azuma, K., and Aono, T.: The mechanism of the effect of combination treatment with clomiphene and bromocriptine in patients with normoprolactinemic anovulation. J. Endocrinol. Invest., 13: 549-554, (1990).
    (52) Davis, J. L.: Lowering prolactin level in a hyperprolactinemic man. Arch. Intern. Med., Vol. 142:146-148, (1982).

prolactin is not important for testosterone production.. actually quite the opposite.. it is the rise in systemic test that ALSO causes a rise in PROLACTIN.. (obviously a possible exacerbating factor in gynecomastia ).. which suppresses test production (as well as lh)

most of the people that are using bromocriptine are using it for puffy nipples as well as in an effort to reverse hard tissue growth (which in theory is possible)

as far as use for dieting.. would say that the findings are mixed.. though the appetite suppression and weight loss are notable for some..

it may be that Nandi is leptin insensitive.. as many people are.. thus would see little benefit from the use..

btw- absolutely agree about andactrim.. there is little evidence that effects are anything more than a recession of water and most users have reported sytemic DHT sides.. probably why this reccomendation feel out of vogue years ago (pretty much right after it was reccomended)

good info.....all i gotta say is side effects like the ones described beat the shit out of bitch itis

Thread Information