Rugby13 is offline Member

Unhappy Steroids and making babies...any docs here?????

Just wondering if the use of steroids have any effect on the chance of having children. I know a ex-bodybuilder who is finding it difficult to have children with his wife. Could this be the cause of the steroids? I haven't used a lot at all but is there any negative effects on being able to have children??
    Last edited by Rugby13; 10-21-2002 at 02:58 PM.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

IMO

not being able to have kids just means more $$$ for gear

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Well,,,i can only speak from my experience. I was in my 8th week of my cycle and i know from personal reasons my natural test didnt shut down. So i guess it all depends on the person?

OG

nj_
    nj_ is offline Senior Member
    Tell him to go to a fertility clinic and get his sperm values checked. If he was a competitive BB he probably has lower than average levels because of the higher dosages used by BB's as opposed to regular people.

Well that's good new. I was a little freaked out after hearing that seeing as I'll be looking at getting married soon. Thanks guys!

hitmeoff is offline Associate Member
    Ive been doing it without a condom and finishing inside my girl for quite a while now...she hasnt gotten pregnant.

well I guess that's good and bad news. Are there any experts out there that know anything about the effects of juice on the chances of having children. Now I'm bummed again man.

BE_STRONG is offline Senior Member
    The most likely(and probably) the only time a woman gets pregnant is approx. 14 days after her cycle ends for approx. 3-4days when she ovulates. Stay away from those days and you should be safe!

I cant remember on what board I was reading this but I read that Test is used as a male contraceptive.

Plus there are rumors (or are these facts now) that clomid and clen can have an effect on fertility.

Originally posted by hitmeoff
    I cant remember on what board I was reading this but I read that Test is used as a male contraceptive.

Plus there are rumors (or are these facts now) that clomid and clen can have an effect on fertility.
    Bro dont believe that. Like i said, i was in my 8th week of 750mgs of sust and for personal reasons i know for a fact my test didnt shut down. If u want to know how i know PM me.

OG

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    hey OG i know why ,back from the gym allready?

BlGdawg is offline New Member
    I'm glad somebody brought this up. I was finishing in my girl all the time and i was scared as hell thinking i was gonna be a dad and then her period came right on time. I was worried that i wouldn't ever be able to have kids but now i have faith its just the gear.

lol, then maybe Im ust shooting blanks!

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Originally posted by hitmeoff
    Ive been doing it without a condom and finishing inside my girl for quite a while now...she hasnt gotten pregnant.

I've been doing the same for the last 2 years... And my girl hasn't gotten pregnant...

Then again my boy who has never used Steroids tried for 4 years with his wife, before she finally became pregnant so go figure.... If it's meant to be then it will be is how I look at it...
    Last edited by Jack87; 10-21-2002 at 10:10 PM.

So am I right in saying that using steoids DOES decrease the chances of having children in the future. I'm not talking about while you on steroids , I'm talking about long term effects. If it's going to cause me not to be able to have kids in the future I'm going to stop juicing now!!

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    The male being on steroids does not cause birth defects (just read a study on this). Sperm production can be dramatically decreased while on cycle. The potential for long term sterility is low provided you are not abusing AAS (meaning huge doses with no recovery for years on end) but is a possibility from what I have heard but I will see if I can find a study to back that up.

Thanks Rickson, let me know what you find. My dosages have been really moderate. They were as follows:
    1st Cycle: Weeks 1 - 4: 25mg/day - d-bol
    Weeks 1 - 8: 250cc's/week - sustanon
    Off cycle period: 3 months

2nd Cycle: Weeks 1 - 3: 100mg/week - deca
    Weeks 4 - 8: 150mg/every day - Fina
    Off cycle period: 3 weeks

3rd Cycle: About to start it: Weeks 1 - 5: 100mg/every day - Fina (probably my last cycle)

Do you bros' think I should worry about any long term problems as far as being able to have kids are concerned?

T$sMechamT/A is offline Junior Member
    i wouldnt consider that heavy use... so you should be fine or atleast not worse than when u started

liftingislife is offline New Member
    Originally posted by Rugby13
    Thanks Rickson, let me know what you find. My dosages have been really moderate. They were as follows:
    1st Cycle: Weeks 1 - 4: 25mg/day - d-bol
    Weeks 1 - 8: 250cc's/week - sustanon

Do you bros' think I should worry about any long term problems as far as being able to have kids are concerned?
    at 250cc's/week you'll have plenty of kids that's only 62.5 GRAMS of sust a week

j/k i couldn't resist, i know you meant 250 mg/week

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    well, as far as I know, from reading it says all over that test was more reliable contraceptive than a condom. However over the years I have heard of so many bros getting their girl pregant I really dont know what to say. The best way to know is mid cycle go to doc he will ask u to jack off in a little container and test ur sperm for fertility I had this done once before I juiced and I know then I was ok, I may just do it again mid cycle as I would like to know too

peace

Originally posted by The Original Jason
    well, as far as I know, from reading it says all over that test was more reliable contraceptive than a condom. However over the years I have heard of so many bros getting their girl pregant I really dont know what to say. The best way to know is mid cycle go to doc he will ask u to jack off in a little container and test ur sperm for fertility I had this done once before I juiced and I know then I was ok, I may just do it again mid cycle as I would like to know too

peace
    Bingo! Test being a more reliable contraceptive then a condom is bunk!! Im sure the effect varies from person to person but how do u really know ur test/sperm is shut down?!? Ummmm,,,,, mine didnt!

OG

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Rugby, listen I've been off and on juice for about 5 years now and I have a beautiful little girl that's 14 months old and a little boy due in Feb. Also I ahve a friend that's been juicing for over 12 years and he's fixing to have his 3rd kid. Yes the effects that juice has on people vary but don't sweat it. If you're that worried go get checked every once in awhile.

system admin is offline Owner
    I have heard that TEST. ENANTHATE is more reliable than the PILL for women and it was looked at for a while to be used as a male contraceptive, but the sides were to bad to persue. (to be used as just a contraceptive)

Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    Rugby, listen I've been off and on juice for about 5 years now and I have a beautiful little girl that's 14 months old and a little boy due in Feb. Also I ahve a friend that's been juicing for over 12 years and he's fixing to have his 3rd kid. Yes the effects that juice has on people vary but don't sweat it. If you're that worried go get checked every once in awhile.
    Thanks bro. Good luck with your little boy

fullback40 is offline Junior Member
    My wife and I conceived our little girl (she will be 1 year old on halloween) in the middle of 750mg test, 400mg deca a week cycle. I happened to of been doing GHB 24/7 at the time also - I since have rehabilitated myself - point is we have a healthy, beautiful girl with no health problems. *** I consider myself lucky though. I would have been devastated had she had any problems related to my past steroid /G use.

cbig2 is offline New Member

Listen

Have done lots of cycles.I was on a sus.test.winny,deca cycle
    got my wife pregnant I figured 7weeks in.Not only one but two
    I had twins!!!

Re: Listen

Congratulations bro
    Originally posted by cbig2
    Have done lots of cycles.I was on a sus.test.winny,deca cycle
    got my wife pregnant I figured 7weeks in.Not only one but two
    I had twins!!!

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    bump

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Steroids have no real problems with males trying to have kids - well.. besides the lowered sperm count. But do not do a cycle in conjunction with baby-making for the sake of your future child. I know I was so thrilled and thankful my child came out beautiful and in good health - take no chances... and I had never done a cycle.

Have you done much post cycle therapy ?

Woman on juice during pregnancy can cause a severe impact on an unborn fetus. Adrenal Genital Syndrom, in which a female fetus can develop male-like reproductive organs (eeeeek)! Woman who are or plan to be should never take AAS. For many months prior as well.

Originally posted by Warrior
    Steroids have no real problems with males trying to have kids - well.. besides the lowered sperm count.
    But the lowered sperm count gets back to normal after discontinuing steroid use right?

i'll find the article

read about a year ago people doing cycles as little as 100 mg over clinical doses of test or nandrolone for replacement therapy or medical reasons(bed ridden w/ cancer or HIV), were unable to repproduce for up to 3-4 years even w/ constant hcg treatments during the course of those 3-4 years.it wasn't some bullshit BB article.it was in a journal.when i find it, and i'll look tonight, i'll put all this to rest.i just have to find it.
    speaking from personal experience.i can't say w/ almost 100% certainty that i have completely dead sperm.been nailing mad girls w/ no condom for years and no late night calls and even w/ my gf.she's on the pill now, but we have been debating this for years now how it's possible to never use condoms and she has never even had a scare.only thing i can think of is my gear abuse, especially after we read that journal about it.don't wanna be liek the grimreaper and start a scare for you guys but this is not something i would joke about unliek some of my posts.

how much gear have you used?

fuck alot

i can't even imagine how much at different times.i blew up for a few years when i used alot then i did small cycles because of work.but i have been mostly on in some degree for the last 5 years, but let me explain, i can't get too big because of work but since i established a certain look for myself that my agency expects i have to stay on to some deggree whetheer it's just a simple eq/winny cycle or whatever.i can't get too big but i can never really be too lean, cut, and hard.i don't know, alot is the answer you're looking for

Ive been off for just about 8 weeks, And we do it just about every single day, and I always finish inside her (ive said this already), and my GF just got her period...thank god! SO i think it will kill your sperm for a good long time.

Ive only done 1 cycle too.

Read this from another post. I'll post the link to that post next. "It takes about 3 to 5 months for the contraceptive effect to develop. A similar period of time is required for fertility to return again."

http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...threadid=34972

I especially like the part that sys your sperm count gets back to normal after use of steroids

Thread Information