Jimmy_Bravo is offline Associate Member

Cool Injecting into the Quads

Well, I'll admit it, I'm a big wuss when it comes to self inflicted pain. I hate giving myself the injections, but I suck it up, and do it anyway. I would like to use the smallest guage, and length needle possible, for obvious reasons. ( remember, I'm a needle wimp. ) Anyway, currently I am using 22 guage inch 1/2 for my quads. I only stick the needle in about halfway. The oil seems to go in just fine. So if the 1 1/2 is in halfway that's only .75 inches inside my leg. So I should be able to use a 6/8 inch needle for my quads, and just push it in all the way. I'de like to know what is the smallest guage and length needle you guys have used for your quad shots, and how far you push it in. I have decent sized quads, with little fat on them.
    Thanks,
    Jim,

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Personally I don't like quad injections, but when i do it's with a 25 gauge 1" pin... You could also use a 25 gauge 5/8" pin.... That's plenty deep enough as long as your BF% is under control...

hitmeoff is offline Associate Member
    I use 25G 1" for my quads 5/8" for delts/calves/bi's and 23G 1.5" for my glutes. I push all of them all the way in, cause once it breaks skin, it really matter, the pain is through anyway.

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    i use a 23g 1" pin
    its the smallest i'll use. if your having trouble with shooting quads, i might suggest going to spotinjections.com and checking out the pics, just to make sure youre shooting the right area.
    the most important thing in injecting is technique.(at least for me). the more you do it, the better and easier it will get, as your muscles will get used to having that foreign substance in there after a few times.

good luck bro......

peace bb79

Thanks alot guys. I'm just being a wimp. Another question though. Say for instance I use a 5/8, stick it in all the way, then inject. I think this should probally do it, but my question is, what are the consequences if it isn't in far enough? Say you don't quite hit the muscle, or you barely hit it, what happens? I'm just asking for the sake of curiousity, I have low body fat, and I'm sure the 5/8 will penetrate into my quad muscle. It's always nice to know these things though, just incase.
    Thanks for the input guys,
    Jim,

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    Did you read the thread about hitting the bone?

goldenear is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Jimmy_Bravo
    what are the consequences if it isn't in far enough?
    Probably the most serious consequence is an oil abcess. A pool of oil will form subcutaneously instead of being deposited in the muscle. The particular effects of an oil abcess can vary tremendously, but suffice it to say that you want to avoid this problem.

For quad injections, I only use a 25G 1.5" pin and I bury it. I've never had a problem since switching from a 1" pin. BTW, 5/8" pins are used for infant IM injections, not adult injections.

Ya, I read that post. ( hitting the bone ) Some funny stuff on there, as long as no one takes it seriously.

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    I've been using 25G 1', and since I started doing quad injections I prefer them. Not sure why, maybe they are less painful. I sit in the car all day so the glute injects can hurt if your sitting all day.

babi is offline Associate Member
    the quad injection are the easiest cuz of accesibilaty but they hurt though .i use 22 by 1.5 and sometimes i dont go all the way

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    23 guage - 1" work good for me for quads and calves.. but I only use about 3/4 of the needle for calves. I'm sure 5/8" would be fine for quads as long as BF% is not too high.

Lattman is offline Associate Member
    Guys, I've even used 21 gage 1 1/2" needles for my Quads, but I don't recommend it, I suggest 25 gage 1" for quads is perfect!

hitmeoff is offline Associate Member
    Geez bro, you must have holes the size of bullets in your legs!! Thats hardcore.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Originally posted by Lattman
    Guys, I've even used 21 gage 1 1/2" needles for my Quads, but I don't recommend it, I suggest 25 gage 1" for quads is perfect!

Just finished the injection with a 25 guage 5/8 needle. I felt it penetrate the muscle, and it seems to have worked out good. How long till I should be able to see an oil absess? It's been about 3 hours, and there's no pain whatsoever, and no oil absess that I can see. I think 5/8 is going to be perfect for my quads.

Thread Information