Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DarthFlex
  • 1 Post By DarthFlex

Thread: testosterone cypionate the key to loosing weight??

gobby is offline New Member

Question testosterone cypionate the key to loosing weight??

I have been out of the lifting weights thing for many years and have never tried anything but protein powders. I’m 5`7 220 lbs 38 years old and over weight. I have a pretty good size gut on the go now.

I have been going to the gym pretty much 5 times a week now and just power walking and jogging on the treadmill for 2 miles. I have been at this for a few months now and it just doesn’t seem to be working for me.

I’m hoping to loose a little weight so I can hit the weights again but I first want to loose a little.

I have tried a few prescription weight lose drugs out there but no such luck.

My last resort is testosterone . I have never tried or anything like it but I’m very curious to try it. I have testosterone cypionate 100 mg.

My question with taking this is will I get allot of energy and will it help me loose weight etc?? with of course hard work that needs to go along with taking it?

If and when I do decide to start taking it I will start lifting.

Thx in advance

ausmanalot is offline Associate Member
    how old are you?

ausmanalot is offline Associate Member
    Regardless of your age

Diet is you main thing
    energy input and energy output

whats urs looking like

check out our diet section

40plusnewbie is offline Senior Member
    I'm 41 and as soon as I started using a transdermal testosterone creme my appetie decreased and I began loosing weight. I then went on a keto diet and lost 30 lbs. in 3 months.

I don't know much about steroids , but I think that test can def help older guys loose weight. In fact after that I switched to using tongkat ali (natural test booster) and continued to loose weight and then switched to a more reasonable diet and began lifting weights.

When I took a 2 wk. break I started craving garbage food and asking my wife to make me food at 10pm and craved bad carb meals and unhealthy fat meals like before i had lost any weight. Went back on tongkat ali concentrated powder and within 2 days I no longer craved bad food and my diet got back to being clean and balanced like magic.

Now I drink a casein protein and h2o shake at night before bed. Before takign a test booster I ate 2 plates of pasta or a pizza as my 10pm meal before bed lol And it all feels effortless. (I've also been taking 6-oxo shortly after restarting the tongkat ali and taking a higher dose of the tongkat ali 50x powder. My drive to lift weights is greater than it was on just the tongkat- not to mention that I lost it for the 2 weeks I stopped the tongkat- and my recovery time has increased SUBSTANTIALLY).

Like I said, I know next to jack about steroids, but I think there are MAJOR differences for a guy who is 35+ and guys in their 20's.
    Last edited by 40plusnewbie; 06-01-2008 at 11:37 AM.

Tesla is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ausmanalot View Post
    how old are you?
    He's 38 y/o......it's in his original post.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    The key to losing weight is diet and cardio, driven by dedication.

Tesla is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gobby View Post
    My question with taking this is will I get allot of energy and will it help me loose weight etc?? with of course hard work that needs to go along with taking it?
    The short answer to your question is "maybe." At 38 years of age it's possible that you could be testosterone deficient. Men with low test production become very tired all the time and experience weight gain. Supplementing with test can definitely help you to lose a few pounds and feel more energized. You will need to go to your family doctor and have your total test and free test levels checked.

I also recommend going over to the hormone replacement therapy part of this board and do lots of research there. A lot of your questions can be answered there.

CeeLo is offline Senior Member
    I don't think that Test is the "Magic" key to losing weight. Some people seem to think that AAS or prohormones will automatically make you loose weight or put on gigantic muscle for you. It will help, but w/o proper diet, fitness, training, and knowledge you're just pissing the money and gear away.

You mentioned hard work, but nowhere did you mention a diet. That's detremental!

If they had a pill or shot that would melt fat off, ppl wouldn't have to get gastric bypass surgeries and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    The short answer to your question is "maybe." At 38 years of age it's possible that you could be testosterone deficient. Men with low test production become very tired all the time and experience weight gain. Supplementing with test can definitely help you to lose a few pounds and feel more energized. You will need to go to your family doctor and have your total test and free test levels checked.

I also recommend going over to the hormone replacement therapy part of this board and do lots of research there. A lot of your questions can be answered there.

While this is all good advice, when I had my test checked by my PCP and complained of low sex drive his response was "well we checked your hormones and they are 'normal'. " In case you didn't know it, 'normal' is anywere from like 250 to 700. You can have a level of 270 which is 'normal' but also be in the lowest 1% of testosterone levels for your age group. But doctors typically don't even look at that at all. You could be 'normal' but have the test level of a 70 year old man! according to the medical profession.

Quote Originally Posted by cpreasha View Post
    I don't think that Test is the "Magic" key to losing weight. Some people seem to think that AAS or prohormones will automatically make you loose weight or put on gigantic muscle for you. It will help, but w/o proper diet, fitness, training, and knowledge you're just pissing the money and gear away.

You mentioned hard work, but nowhere did you mention a diet. That's detremental!

If they had a pill or shot that would melt fat off, ppl wouldn't have to get gastric bypass surgeries and stuff.
    While I agree that diet is extremely important, please read my post above and explain to me the dramatic changes that took place when my test levels were manipulated, and why they disappeared and I reverted to craving v. large portions of bad carbs and unhealthy fats once I temp. stopped adding to my nat test level.

I firmly believe that a 35+ guy w/out a history of physical fitness should not be taking what is considered 'standard' advice for a 22 year old man as a first course of action. It 22 I could eat a pizze every night and didn't gain any weight and had a decent body. Today that could not be further from the truth. A simple low dose of transdermal creme played a KEY funciton in me loosing a ton of weight and getting a good jump start to getting on a proper diet ande loosing weight.

It's a totally different ballgame for older guys who don't have a fitness background.

Quote Originally Posted by cpreasha View Post

Dude, I dropped 30lbs in 3 months after starting with a transdermal test creme. Prior to that I had what I can only describe as uncontrollable cravings to eat v. large portions of high carb/high fat meals, even well into the late evening.
    I 'knew' what a proper diet should be but was not able to get myself on one, the cravings were powerful and I could not overcome them.

I start on a test creme and all of a sudden I'm not craving 1/2 lb of pasta covered in tomato sauce at 10:30 pm every night. Who woulda thunk it? Without the CRAVINGS I didn't do the BAD EATING. Without the bad eating things began to fall right into place.

Test is know to take fat off older guys and to add energy. Test and a 40yo man and test and a 25yo man are different ball games IMHO.

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    The key to losing weight is diet and cardio, driven by dedication.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Blome View Post
    agreed
    For the sake of argument (while agreeing with what you say as a general principle), do you have some sort of moral objection to a 45 year old man who weight 400lbs going through gastric bypass surgery and bringing his weight down to like 250 under medical supervision before he switches to what could be construed a 'healthy diet' given his new limitations re: tiny stomach?

There are people in this condition who have been recommended to diet and exercise for 15 years, but they are not. Do you think it is because they do not comprehend or remember the directions given to them?

It seems to me that some people who are saying natural dieting and exercise are the only way (and jumpstarts via drugs or whatever they are sidestepping comments on) are using drugs themselves to do things to their bodies that diet and exercise alone can not. And those people are at FAR LESS HEALTH RISK than some 35+ guy who has been leading a sedentary lifestyle for the past 20 years and eating a high fat, high carb diet.

It seems to make more sense to me that the +35 guys should be looking into HRT to aid their health and the young guys should be avoiding the steroids .... if it was an either/or proposition.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, just offer an alternate persepctive from someone who was almost 100lbs overweight last year (down to 30lbs overweight this year thanks to test creme and tongkat ali, and provigil). I COULD NOT RESIST the food cravings without those things. And it took NO EFFORT AT ALL on those things because the cravings DISAPPEARED. I see that as significant, and at my age, potentially saving me from a heart attack.

So young guy diets and exercises to buid body and takes steroids= good

and old guy with real health risks and medical diagnosis such as HBP, HIgh cholesterol, Diabetes, and a bunch of other risk factors for stroke/heart attack should not take short cuts that could in fact save their life because it's not the prevailing wisdom by the typically younger (and in much better health) body builders?

I'm just trying to stimulate discussion, not provoke or anger anyone or pick any fights.

marklewis68 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gobby View Post
    I have been out of the lifting weights thing for many years and have never tried anything but protein powders. I’m 5`7 220 lbs 38 years old and over weight. I have a pretty good size gut on the go now.

I have been going to the gym pretty much 5 times a week now and just power walking and jogging on the treadmill for 2 miles. I have been at this for a few months now and it just doesn’t seem to be working for me.

I’m hoping to loose a little weight so I can hit the weights again but I first want to loose a little.

I have tried a few prescription weight lose drugs out there but no such luck.

My last resort is testosterone . I have never tried or anything like it but I’m very curious to try it. I have testosterone cypionate 100 mg.

If and when I do decide to start taking it I will start lifting.

Thx in advance
    Can anybody suggest a good diet???

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Chrisp83TRT is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 40plusnewbie View Post
    Dude, I dropped 30lbs in 3 months after starting with a transdermal test creme. Prior to that I had what I can only describe as uncontrollable cravings to eat v. large portions of high carb/high fat meals, even well into the late evening.
    I 'knew' what a proper diet should be but was not able to get myself on one, the cravings were powerful and I could not overcome them.

I start on a test creme and all of a sudden I'm not craving 1/2 lb of pasta covered in tomato sauce at 10:30 pm every night. Who woulda thunk it? Without the CRAVINGS I didn't do the BAD EATING. Without the bad eating things began to fall right into place.

Test is know to take fat off older guys and to add energy. Test and a 40yo man and test and a 25yo man are different ball games IMHO.
    You also mentioned you were on a 2 week break when you developed those cravings. I can speak on personal experience and I’m sure anyone can attest to this... when you basically don’t move and keep busy whether it be with weight training, walking etc. you will crave food and not healthy food... your lovely fatty fast food crap. Of coarse things are going to seem unusual and will say it’s your test levels. My test levels were below normal range with and I managed to eat just fine with your typical cravings , but hell, I’m human. It’s really above willpower and setting a goal. Testosterone will simply allow you to feel like the man you tech. Should feel like if you have bad levels. It definitely isn’t a magic drug by no means. I’m no pro at this but as far as dealing with low t and now not, it’s about goals, willpower and always being active.
    Last edited by Chrisp83TRT; 04-28-2018 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Bad grammar

DarthFlex is offline Junior Member
    I was 225 with 22%body.fat and low energy.
    Had my bloods drawn and went on trt as my test was low 300s.
    Im on 200mg a week of Test C/E blend.
    10 weeks in with a dedicated workout, cardio and eating plan I have dropped to 16.5%bf at 224lbs. Which is an increase of muscle and big decrease in fat.
    At 46yrs old Im telling you trt has been the catalyst to my continued progression.
    Go see another Dr if yours will not put youbin injectables, or go to a low T center that sells and allows you to admin your shots.
    Workout 5 days a week, and some 2 a days with cardio b4 breakfast and a lunchtime or evening workout.
    Make it happen bro. You can do it!!
    Last edited by DarthFlex; 04-28-2018 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthFlex View Post
    I was 225 with 22%body.fat and low energy.
    Had my bloods drawn and went on trt as my test was low 300s.
    Im on 200mg a week of Test C/E blend.
    10 weeks in with a dedicated workout, cardio and eating plan I have dropped to 16.5%bf at 224lbs. Which is an increase of muscle and big decrease in fat.
    At 46yrs old Im telling you trt has been the catalyst to my continued progression.
    Go see another Dr if yours will not put youbin injectables, or go to a low T center that sells and allows you to admin your shots.
    Workout 5 days a week, and some 2 a days with cardio b4 breakfast and a lunchtime or evening workout.
    Make it happen bro. You can do it!!
    What kind of di eff t are you using

Quote Originally Posted by marklewis68 View Post
    What kind of di eff t are you using

Im sorry, what?

Im sorry, what?
    Sorry...was wondering what kind of diet you are using...starting hrt next week and our age and weight are very similar...need help with diet though.

Paleo approach. 250grams of protein 100 g of fat 100 to 200 low glycemic carbs and veggies.
    I get most my carbs in pre and post workout and very few carbs before that or after.
    marklewis68 likes this.

Paleo approach. 250grams of protein 100 g of fat 100 to 200 low glycemic carbs and veggies.
    I get most my carbs in pre and post workout and very few carbs before that or after.
    I lift at 9am.....how would you spread carbs out

What time do you get up?
    What time do you go to bed?
    How well do you do in workouts on an emptyish stomach?

Is the 9am workout all cardio or weights or both?
    If its weights, can you fo cardio in the eve?
    marklewis68 likes this.

What time do you get up?
    What time do you go to bed?
    How well do you do in workouts on an emptyish stomach?

Is the 9am workout all cardio or weights or both?
    If its weights, can you fo cardio in the eve?
    Get up at 7...bed 11
    Take some BCAAs before morning workout..20 minutes of cardio 50 minutes of lifting...can fit a half hour of cardio in in the evening

Thread Information