Hammersmashedface is offline Junior Member

Microwaving gear.

Is it possible to kill the hormone in gear if the temp gets to high?I just nuked my homebrew test prop for 40 seconds prior to filtering, at the recommendation of a friend.Could this hurt my gear?It was very warm but def not boiling.

NATE0406 is offline Anabolic Member
    bro dont ever nuke your gear.... you could have just messed it up.. you should have baked it or stuck it in a pot of boiling water for a little bit. hard to say if its any good now. the only way to know is to finish it and use it.

Quote Originally Posted by NATE0406 View Post
    bro dont ever nuke your gear.... you could have just messed it up.. you should have baked it or stuck it in a pot of boiling water for a little bit. hard to say if its any good now. the only way to know is to finish it and use it.
    Damn,I was hopin you wouldnt say that!!!!But sounds like you are right,only one way to find out.It will be a miracle if this batch turns out alrite.I could only filter a small portion as i used needle filters and they are AWFUL!!!!Now i have my unfiltered gear in a covered glass awaiting whatmans!!!What a mess!!!

yeah that sucks. i would think that as long as it didnt come to a boil that you should be fine but hard to say. just have to wait and see.

Lemme ask you this bro.What is the purpose of heating right before filtering?
    Is it to kill germs?Kinda like pasteurization?lol.I didnt ask my boy when he e-mailed me the instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmashedface View Post
    Lemme ask you this bro.What is the purpose of heating right before filtering?
    Is it to kill germs?Kinda like pasteurization?lol.I didnt ask my boy when he e-mailed me the instructions.
    yeah the idea is to help with sterilization process. but i know many ppl who dont heat there gear at all. just filter it and add proper amount of BA and it turns out fine.

Quote Originally Posted by NATE0406 View Post
    yeah the idea is to help with sterilization process. but i know many ppl who dont heat there gear at all. just filter it and add proper amount of BA and it turns out fine.

I have just ordered some whatmans.2day delivery.Should i re-heat my gear (not in the microwave obviously)prior to filtering again?I have it covered pretty good.I'm thinkin i should prolly just leave it alone.Just wanna be sure.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    NO never heat ur gear.... just add 2%ba and filter it in a .2 filter, and it will be sterile

lex57 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonada8 View Post
    NO never heat ur gear.... just add 2%ba and filter it in a .2 filter, and it will be sterile
    ummmmmm if you dont heat it how do you melt it down?magic?

thecivilizedanimal is offline Senior Member
    microwaves heat liquid way to much, you generally dont get a "boil" in a microwaved liquid unless it's suitably aerated..
    use the double boiler method

jstraw428 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lex57 View Post
    ummmmmm if you dont heat it how do you melt it down?magic?

I am not sure about other conversions, but BA is enough to completely dissolve the fina pellets.......I never add heat when making Fina....

lex57 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw428 View Post
    I am not sure about other conversions, but BA is enough to completely dissolve the fina pellets.......I never add heat when making Fina....
    i havent made fina but all others i know have to be heated except for eq which is liquid. but others you have to heat to get into a solution or they will crash. especially winny you have to heat the hell out of it.

jstraw428 is offline Anabolic Member
    Learn something new everyday......KNOWLDGE IS POWER!!!!!!!

skinnykenney is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up yes

Quote Originally Posted by lex57 View Post
    i havent made fina but all others i know have to be heated except for eq which is liquid. but others you have to heat to get into a solution or they will crash. especially winny you have to heat the hell out of it.
    yes winny has a screaming high melting point!

musclehead1 is offline Member
    DONT USE IT!. Have you ever heard of the nurse that put blood in the microwave before transfusing it into a patient and the patient died! Microwaves rearrange molecules and crap like that. Let me fish out some stuff for you guys.

musclehead1 is offline Member
    Heres some information that was copy and pasted out of a pdf file, it was too large to attach. If anyone would like the pdf to see the pictures PM me with your email.

MICROWAVED WATER - SEE WHAT IT DOES TO PLANTS
    Below is a science fair project. In it she took filtered water and divided it into two parts. The first part she heated to boiling in a pan on the stove, and the second part she heated to boiling in a microwave. Then after cooling she used the water to water two identical plants to see if there would be any difference in the growth between the normal boiled water and the water boiled in a microwave. She was thinking that the structure or energy of the water may be compromised by microwave. As it turned out, even she was amazed at the difference.

I have known for years that the problem with microwaved anything is not the radiation people used to worry about, It's how it corrupts the DNA in the food so the body can not recognize it. So the body wraps it in fat cells to protect itself from the dead food or it eliminates it fast. Think of all the Mothers heating up milk in these "Safe" appliances. What about the nurse in Canada that warmed up blood for a transfusion patient and accidentally killed them when the blood went in dead. But the makers say it's safe. Never mind then, keep using them. Ask your Doctor I am sure they will say it's safe too. Proof is in the pictures of living plants dying. Remember You are also Living.
    FORENSIC RESEARCH DOCUMENT
    Prepared By: William P. Kopp
    A. R. E. C. Research Operations
    TO61-7R10/10-77F05
    RELEASE PRIORITY: CLASS I ROO1a

Ten Reasons to Throw out your Microwave Oven
    From the conclusions of the Swiss, Russian and German scientific clinical studies, we can no longer ignore the microwave oven sitting in our kitchens. Based on this research, we will conclude this article with the following:
    1) Continually eating food processed from a microwave oven causes long term -permanent -brain damage by "shorting out" electrical impulses in the brain [de-polarizing or de-magnetizing the brain tissue].
    2) The human body cannot metabolize [break down] the unknown by-products created in
    microwaved food.
    3) Male and female hormone production is shut down and/or altered by continually eating
    microwaved foods.
    4) The effects of microwaved food by-products are residual [long term, permanent] within the human body.
    5) Minerals, vitamins, and nutrients of all microwaved food is reduced or altered so that the human body gets little or no benefit, or the human body absorbs altered compounds that cannot be broken down.
    6) The minerals in vegetables are altered into cancerous free radicals when cooked in microwave ovens.
    7) Microwaved foods cause stomach and intestinal cancerous growths [tumors]. This may explain the rapidly increased rate of colon cancer in America.
    8) The prolonged eating of microwaved foods causes cancerous cells to increase in human blood.
    9) Continual ingestion of microwaved food causes immune system deficiencies through lymph
    gland and blood serum alterations.
    10) Eating microwaved food causes loss of memory, concentration, emotional instability, and a
    decrease of intelligence.
    Have you tossed out your microwave oven yet?
    After you throw out your microwave you can use a toaster oven as a replacement. It works well for most
    and is nearly as quick. The use of artificial microwave transmissions for subliminal psychological control,
    a.k.a. "brainwashing", has also been proven. We're attempting to obtain copies of the 1970's Russian
    research documents and results written by Drs. Luria and Perov specifying their clinical experiments in
    this area.

uncgboro is offline Associate Member
    i agree, i have heard the same thing about microwaves. I try not to use them, but it is hard!

jsinur7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by musclehead1 View Post
    Heres some information that was copy and pasted out of a pdf file, it was too large to attach. If anyone would like the pdf to see the pictures PM me with your email.

MICROWAVED WATER - SEE WHAT IT DOES TO PLANTS
    Below is a science fair project. In it she took filtered water and divided it into two parts. The first part she heated to boiling in a pan on the stove, and the second part she heated to boiling in a microwave. Then after cooling she used the water to water two identical plants to see if there would be any difference in the growth between the normal boiled water and the water boiled in a microwave. She was thinking that the structure or energy of the water may be compromised by microwave. As it turned out, even she was amazed at the difference.

I have known for years that the problem with microwaved anything is not the radiation people used to worry about, It's how it corrupts the DNA in the food so the body can not recognize it. So the body wraps it in fat cells to protect itself from the dead food or it eliminates it fast. Think of all the Mothers heating up milk in these "Safe" appliances. What about the nurse in Canada that warmed up blood for a transfusion patient and accidentally killed them when the blood went in dead. But the makers say it's safe. Never mind then, keep using them. Ask your Doctor I am sure they will say it's safe too. Proof is in the pictures of living plants dying. Remember You are also Living.
    FORENSIC RESEARCH DOCUMENT
    Prepared By: William P. Kopp
    A. R. E. C. Research Operations
    TO61-7R10/10-77F05
    RELEASE PRIORITY: CLASS I ROO1a

Ten Reasons to Throw out your Microwave Oven
    From the conclusions of the Swiss, Russian and German scientific clinical studies, we can no longer ignore the microwave oven sitting in our kitchens. Based on this research, we will conclude this article with the following:
    1) Continually eating food processed from a microwave oven causes long term -permanent -brain damage by "shorting out" electrical impulses in the brain [de-polarizing or de-magnetizing the brain tissue].
    2) The human body cannot metabolize [break down] the unknown by-products created in
    microwaved food.
    3) Male and female hormone production is shut down and/or altered by continually eating
    microwaved foods.
    4) The effects of microwaved food by-products are residual [long term, permanent] within the human body.
    5) Minerals, vitamins, and nutrients of all microwaved food is reduced or altered so that the human body gets little or no benefit, or the human body absorbs altered compounds that cannot be broken down.
    6) The minerals in vegetables are altered into cancerous free radicals when cooked in microwave ovens.
    7) Microwaved foods cause stomach and intestinal cancerous growths [tumors]. This may explain the rapidly increased rate of colon cancer in America.
    8) The prolonged eating of microwaved foods causes cancerous cells to increase in human blood.
    9) Continual ingestion of microwaved food causes immune system deficiencies through lymph
    gland and blood serum alterations.
    10) Eating microwaved food causes loss of memory, concentration, emotional instability, and a
    decrease of intelligence.
    Have you tossed out your microwave oven yet?
    After you throw out your microwave you can use a toaster oven as a replacement. It works well for most
    and is nearly as quick. The use of artificial microwave transmissions for subliminal psychological control,
    a.k.a. "brainwashing", has also been proven. We're attempting to obtain copies of the 1970's Russian
    research documents and results written by Drs. Luria and Perov specifying their clinical experiments in
    this area.

that makes no sense... the blood yes, obviously it would kill the cells in the blood essentially injecting one giant blood clot into the patient, but as for water, there is nothing to change in water... it's either water or it is hydrogen and oxygen split... there is nothing to change in water... a microwave has no radiation at all... all a microwave is is rapid vibration on a molecular level... the vibrating causes friction/heat...

everything you mentioned is not from food being microwaved its from the fact that 99% of food going in the microwave is processed food ie.. bad for you... it's not the microwave its the ingredients in the premade food going in the microwave... people dont usually cook there own food from scratch... they want speed, thus the reason for the microwave, and for more speed, premade processed food... put straight plain corn in a microwave, it comes out straight cooked/steamed corn...

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    To sum everything up: Theres no easy way to find out if anything happened to your prop. I would say its probably fine.

Thread Information