juicedfreak is offline New Member

recovering from food poisoning

on sunday arvo i ate some dodgy mcdonalds and got some serious food poisoning... vomited 7 times and diarehea all night.

couldn't eat till tuesday morning and lost 10pounds. i'm in week 7 of cycle and was wondering should i eat double for today to make up for monday?

like instead of eating 4000cal/day i would eat 8000cal to make up?
    or should i drink more weight gain powder to make up the amount?

i want to gain the weight back on asap...

thanks.

goldenear is offline Associate Member
    This has happened to me too. Don't eat double the amount of calories you need, otherwise you'll probably just store all of the excess as fat. The majority of that 10 pounds was just fluid retention, so I wouldn't worry about it. Just resume your normal diet and training. You could also load creatine for next 10 days. That would definitely cause you to regain some lost fluids.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by goldenear
    This has happened to me too. Don't eat double the amount of calories you need, otherwise you'll probably just store all of the excess as fat. The majority of that 10 pounds was just fluid retention, so I wouldn't worry about it. Just resume your normal diet and training. You could also load creatine for next 10 days. That would definitely cause you to regain some lost fluids.

This is spot on.

Definately don't double calorie intake. Just carry on as you normally would and chug the water.

Thread Information