harrydunn69 is offline New Member

anger management

to anyone who has cycled and had a little bit of a temper or was agressive prior to using, did doing a cycle make you more aggressive or was it managable? if it did, any tips on how to calm yourself down? thinking of trying one and doing the research, just dont want to flip out at everyone. im pretty chill most of the time, but when i get pissed forget it man, any thoughts?

J0k3R is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by harrydunn69 View Post
    im pretty chill most of the time, but when i get pissed forget it man, any thoughts?

Don't take AAS then.

If your an asshole... steroids will only make you a bigger asshole.

It is controllable... but it gives people an excuse to act out on their anger which the myth "roid rage " developed.

SoCoSpartan is offline Junior Member
    I can tell no difference in attitude cept a good feeling when on a cycle. Tren got me pumped in the gym though.

bigguy20 is offline Associate Member
    stay away from tren if your worried, im the same, im pretty chill but when someone pisses of off really bad i freak right out and lose it...tren makes me feel amazing but when i get pissed it makes me that much more agressive....i find im alot snapier per say because i get crazy insomnia and nightmares while on tren, so because i have bad sleeps i tend to be a bit more cranky.

thanks...yeah def not an a-hole, but if its a bad day can get easily worked up....just gettin the consensus out there, most people seem like they say its manageable and do just use it as an excuse to be a prick

bigguy20 is offline Associate Member
    thats definately the case for the most part...and its so over hyped about what you hear out there...in general your emotions will just be a bit more sensitive all around...when your sad youll wanna cry more, and when your angry youll tend to react a bit more to it..its all just due to elevated hormones, but not what media says it is at all..

fujitsupalm is offline Associate Member
    try watching the new hulk movie, the anger management part is great. haha...
    but nah, i do admit i have a bit of a temper off cycle even, but when i am on cycle, i try my hardest not to react to things that would normally drive me mad.

i just look away most the time, but when it's someone looking down my gals blouse, i first give them a good mouthful, if they look to be raising any hands, they will have it. other than that (which is very rare), it seems very managable if you are willing to just walk away most the time.

respek is offline Associate Member
    From what I have seen people with a short temper and anger problems don't do well with AAS. I would stick to Creatine and see a therapist for your anger mangement.

FREAK is offline BLACK MARKET BUILT
    if your not mature enough to handle your temper your not ready for aas!!!!!!

MuscleSportMag is offline Associate Member
    If your personality is high-strung now, then a cycle may shorten your temper a bit, but we're talking semantics here. It's not going to make a drastic difference, if that's what you're asking. And a lot of that is psychological, anyway. People begin to believe the misconception and kind of convince themselves subconsciously that because they're on gear, they can explode and do.

The guys that I knew that were penises before gear were just as bad on it, and the regular guys that knew how to handle themselves properly didn't turn into the other. It's all who you are.

AcePowerZ is offline Member
    I havent cycled yet but I would think that a Punching Bag would be in Order

Arnold jr is offline Junior Member
    "One of the most common misconceptions regarding the side effects of anabolic steroids is known as ‘roid rage ’. There seems to be little or no evidence such a condition actually exists. Most studies done on "angry behavior" and anabolic steroid use show no psychological effect, implying that either "roid rage" doesn't exist or that anabolic steroids ' effects on aggression are too small to be measured. Many scientists and medical professionals conclude anabolic steroids have no real effect on increased aggressive behavior." (1, 2)

1, The National Library of Medicine & National Institutes of Health.
    2. The New England Journal of Medicine

thanks for the replies

dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnold jr View Post
    "One of the most common misconceptions regarding the side effects of anabolic steroids is known as ‘roid rage ’. There seems to be little or no evidence such a condition actually exists. Most studies done on "angry behavior" and anabolic steroid use show no psychological effect, implying that either "roid rage" doesn't exist or that anabolic steroids ' effects on aggression are too small to be measured. Many scientists and medical professionals conclude anabolic steroids have no real effect on increased aggressive behavior." (1, 2)

1, The National Library of Medicine & National Institutes of Health.
    2. The New England Journal of Medicine
    I have to strongly disagree with this. Anyone that has used a medium to high dose of Test with Tren knows that you can become a raging psycho on it, no matter what kind of person you are. But for whatever reason if you take lower Test amounts like 250mg a week or less no aggressive side effects come with the Tren. I hope one day someone could explain to me why this is.

Mbuffguy is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by harrydunn69 View Post
    to anyone who has cycled and had a little bit of a temper or was agressive prior to using, did doing a cycle make you more aggressive or was it managable? if it did, any tips on how to calm yourself down? thinking of trying one and doing the research, just dont want to flip out at everyone. im pretty chill most of the time, but when i get pissed forget it man, any thoughts?
    there is no such thing as roid rage trust me . u sound like a loser so u shouldn't juice because you'll freak out and blame steroids and give us bad publicity like beniot

MojoNoir is offline Junior Member
    Testosterone is the driving hormone behind male behavior, including aggression. If you increase it... I'll let you extrapolate from there.

At least you realize you have as short fuse. Having that self awareness may help you to take a deep breath and walk away from a situation if you are starting to feel it slip.

Personally, when I was doing 250-500mg/wk cycles I didn't notice increased aggression. When I started doing larger cycles of 750-1200mg/wk. Yep, I noticed.

If you start feeling edgier, reduce your intake and see if that has any effect.

jchopper1 is offline Banned
    roid rage isnt even a medical term, just some bs term. i feel great when im on a cycle, when i come off i turn into an emotional wreck sometimes. i had a buddy runnin tren and ill admit he was aliitle on edge at times. but normally he is a very nice person

Romme1 is offline Junior Member
    My experiences:

Oxy, doesn't change my temper at all

Test, I get frustrated, and pissed at small things, and want to beat the crap out of people, because of small things. I can feel the anger growing! I don't seem to care anything about the consequences of what my actions can do. I have even very close to beat the crap out of my mom, because of something as silly as a disagreement over cleaningduties in the house.

Tren , I feel like my mood is rather boring(perhaps I am trying to avoid problems), but I feel like fighting all the time :-/ kinda superman syndrome - you believe you control the world. Also when I dream, I tend to fight a lot, which isen't normal for me.

I myself have never been in a fight before so... but its hard. When I am on Test, it irritates me alot when I can't slam a dude/girl if something... I have to remain calm, and its hard as hell.

But I don't believe steroids are a direct cause to my aggresion. I blaim it on my size. The bigger I am, the more invincible I feel. And that would be the same weither I used juice or not. But offcourse mood is different when cycling hehe but its a very bad sideeffect, you can easily lose friends and family because of it.

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    I don't think it's so much as aggression but how one shows their dominance.
    Here's a whole report on it.
    http://cogprints.org/663/0/bbs_mazur.html

Arnold jr is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dece870717 View Post
    I have to strongly disagree with this. Anyone that has used a medium to high dose of Test with Tren knows that you can become a raging psycho on it, no matter what kind of person you are. But for whatever reason if you take lower Test amounts like 250mg a week or less no aggressive side effects come with the Tren. I hope one day someone could explain to me why this is.
    If you get a chance, look up some of the studies done by the New England Journal of Medicine. You'll find that in more then half their studies they use doses that are far beyond HRT, in fact, many times they are in fact what many would consider BB range doses.

As for your comments on tren . I've used a lot of tren in the past, I’ve used real fina...back when you could get it a little easier...not some of the random UG garbage that is who knows what. Never once have I had any symptom of roid rage , not even slightly. I have tons of friends who fall into the same category. IMO, first hand experience, plus sound research from something as highly respected as the NEJM is tough to argue with.

Last off, most who claim roid rage do so simply for an excuse to rage. The mind is a powerful thing.

g0dsend is offline Member
    When Im on them, I dont really get "roid rage " I just get more frustrated with people. Like the littlest things get on my nerves, but its not like I cant control it.

I guess if you have a short temper, your going to be a little more short tempered on it but nothing drastic.

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by g0dsend View Post
    When Im on them, I dont really get "roid rage " I just get more frustrated with people. Like the littlest things get on my nerves, but its not like I cant control it.

I guess if you have a short temper, your going to be a little more short tempered on it but nothing drastic.
    I'd have to agree with you 100%. Things that never bothered me before irritate the hell out of me when I'm on a cycle. The littlest thing will piss me off beyond belief. "Roid rage" is exaggerated imo. The feeling of invincibility may take place though.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    To be honest, I agree on both sides. Do I believe in "roid rage "? NO. Do I believe taking high doses of test and tren gets people more irritable and more aggressive? ABSOLUTELY. Every time I up my dose of test, I get more irritable. Yes, I can control it, but even my GF says "did you up your dose because you seem to be a bit more pissy". she calls me out everytime. And I know for a fact, Tren gets me the same way especially when I take over 75mg ED. But once I bring my doses down, I'm much more calm and relaxed.

So, If you have a tendendcy to normally get aggressive, I strongly say keep your doses down and STAY AWAY FROM TREN!

BLT

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!

I'm actually a happier all around person when I'm 'on.'
    Those crazy pumps like I have now, put a huge smile on my face in the gym

Thread Information