cbig2 is offline New Member

Question poll:home gym or fitness club?

I know the equipment is better at most clubs but I have spent
    the last 4yrs working out at home with great results.Anyone else
    in this boat?I have a lot of equipment and it's hard to make excuses not
    to lift IT'S RIGHT HERE!!!Thanks

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Have heard both sides on posts about this before. If you have great equipment at home and see good results then there is no need for the gym especially if you like to work out alone. The other argument is rather than spending 3-6 grand on really good equipment, why not just pay $25-50 a month to rent the use of equipment at the gym. I see both sides. I prefer home myself but most prefer the gym.

still growin is offline Member
    I have a great set up in the basement. Incline and flat benches, preacher curl bench, lat pull down, 600lbs of weights, curl bars, dumbells etc. I lift at home sometimes, but the gym really gets me more motivated personally.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    There is NO WAY that I would be comfortable in a home gym vs an awesome commercial gym... but that is just me. The variety of equipment and the atmosphere is priceless. Not to mention all the hoties - I mean eye candy - I mean heavy dumbells, or spotters... yeah, all the spotters available in there

JP1
    JP1 is offline Junior Member
    I think home is where it is at,1) no waiting for equipment, 2) no distractions(women)(or men for some of you) I have less than $3,000 into my equipment,and I have been training for almost 8 yrs. so 8 yrs at $25.00 to $50.00 a month I already paid for my equipment anyways.... I have pulleys, bench, dumbells, 800lb in free weights...so I have to say home equipment is the best..

Grant is offline Member
    i think it breaks down more into the environment, many people like going to the gym because it is the one place where people can go uninterrupted and their home may serve as a distraction

JP1
    How can the home serve as a distraction? I think there is way more distraction at a GYM.

Mastiff is offline Member
    I go the home gym route. I've got a cable crossover machine, bench with attachments(lat pull down, preacher, incline and reverse incline, leg curl, leg extension), squat rack and I'm going to make a reverse hyper machine. Its a lot easier to just get to the garage to lift than to go to a gym. Also, I'm moving to Missouri, and the nearest gym to me is a YMCA over 30 miles away.

nj_
    nj_ is offline Senior Member
    It depends on the situation, I prefer the gym when I have time to workout during non-peak hours so its not as packed, otherwise I prefer working out at home (but there ain't close to as much equip at home as at the gym). I figure once I go buy a house in a couple of years I'll just shell out like 10k or so and build a killer gym in my basement if I don't like the local gym.

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    I like gym just because when everyone is there while Im there I think I work out harder so they can see how Im busting my balls and growing tremendesly. just my 2 cents

JP1
    Ya I have 3 kids and the radio gets awfully loud....and the basement door has a lock on it.

bulkmeUP is offline Junior Member
    id love to work out at home, but i just dont have the equipment.. the choice of my own music, and the not waiting for a person to finish a set would be heaven!

Thread Information