BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member

THIRD injection infection!

Gentlemen,

A workout buddy had gotten THREE infections from glute injections in the past few weeks.

Stats:
    500mg/Test Cyp. Week
    250mg/Deca Week
    Injecting twice per week.

He gets his prescription from a doctor at an anti-aging clinic in Florida.
    He is 50 years old.
    The gear is from their own legitimate pharmacy.

He injects with fresh, new, 1 1/2" pin and syringe; uses 90% alcohol to swab vial and injection area; washes hands, etc. I've observed his procedure and it's spot-on correct.

By the next day he's got a huge red welt that feels warm to the touch, pain in the area, and a slight fever. Antibiotics have taken care of it each time.

Question: Could the gear, human grade though it is, be contaminated? What other factors should be considered? Are there any ingredients or preservatives, that can cause an alergic reaction ,in gear?

Thanks for your thoughts,

-BigLittleTim

facile is offline Member
    many HRT clinics use "compounding pharmacies" which have been know to make mistakes, so yes it could be cotaminated, unintentionally. I would call the clinic and explain the situation.

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Many possibilities...

He could be allergic to the oil in the solution (which could irritate the muscle/tissue underneath)

Even tho its human grade it still could be contaminated in which he could filter, add BA and should be good to go.

I dont know if he had an infection each time if it was just red and hot and a lil swollen. Sure they are obvious indicators of infection BUT can go away when watched. Is he switching up injection sites, is this his first cycle? My first cycle i had red warm swollen areas after each injection which went away after a few days.

.................................................. ..........
    Last edited by BigLittleTim; 03-24-2009 at 02:05 PM.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    I would say its just a bad reaction to the injection, its damn near impossible to get an infection 3 shots in a row even if you are using unsterile gear. The body is pretty good at protecting itself from dirty shots, which is why heroin junkies are able to inject unsterile crap constantly and not die (although some probably do).

shrpskn is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLittleTim View Post
    The clinic recently switched its compounding pharmacy. He had no problem with the old product, but three incidents with the new lab. The new pharmacy has the same name as the clinic, by the way. Don't know if that helps.
    I would say that this is the problem then...he's going to want to bring this to the attention of the clinic or maybe start shopping elsewhere.

Good luck,

lex57 is offline Senior Member
    were these three consecutive pins? how far apart were they (time)? and what antibiotic was it?

Last edited by BigLittleTim; 03-24-2009 at 02:04 PM.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    strange. as stated before it could be a bad reaction to the oil or the rare event that the stuff could actually be contaminated

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Its the gear. I had a similar situation where I had never ever had a problem and ended up with an infection. I would throw that shit in the trash and go shopping.

Baseball03 is offline Associate Member
    How exactly do you know your have an infection?

Shooting Tren and Sus and went in my right glute on monday . by monday night there was minimal discomfort but slowly since then feelin like the muscle has a knot almost.

I looked today and there is def swelling... it doesnt really hurt to bad just feels like the muscle is super tight. I didnt notice any coloration or anything?

Any suggestions?

Baseball03 is offline Associate Member
    sorry didnt mean to really hijack .. start my own thread

Thread Information