hacksign is offline Junior Member

Are MRP's needed on a cycle?

I'm wondering if they are needed or if you can sub. in Yogurt for a protein source instead of powder?

I was figuring that 4 yogurts have 40 grams of protein, so would it be better to eat the yogurt to replace an MRP?

I'm curious to what everyone thinks because I get yogurt free.
    I'm currently on a salmon and steak diet, those are also free!

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    I'd throw in some MRP's to cover your calorie needs and so forth. I'd say throw in the protein powder as well...you'll surely get sick of the yogurt.

Aragorn

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Sure. But the sugar content may aggrevate any fat loss goals. But the protein source (90% Casein, 10% Whey from milk protein) is a good one. Also the digestive enzymes found in yogurt are very beneficial.

MRP's are generally a good source of protein with a good ratio of complex/simple carbs and fat.

Personally I find that most MRP's are well worth the money when you consider the protein content - they are a cheap meal to add to the grocery bill.

If you can make your protein requirements from whole foods then you are good to go. But some proteins that score high in the biological value (BV) like Whey are only found in large amounts from a supplemental source. You need a complete protein source.

Also consider that in order for your body to make a piece of muscle tissue, all the amino acids must be present. Or they wait for a given time to till the required pieces are ingested. Whey protein is basically biologically complete and can readily transform into muscle tissue. Getting 40 grams of Whey protein would require you to eat 40 yogurts - which would add lots of extra calories and sugar!

hacksign is offline Junior Member
    Thanks, it all sounds right on, thanks for the input.

Thread Information