Thread: Cyanocobalamine

BiG_WilliE is offline New Member

Cyanocobalamine

Hi. This my first post. Sorry for another b-12 topic guys.

I picked up some vitamin b-12 today, and my pharmicist gave me insulin syringes with 1/2" needles to go with them. I did a search earlier and found some of you have used insulin syringes b4. Never injected intramuscular b4, so I'm wondering if some you can assure me that these syringes will be alright to inject into my delt muscles?

P.S. I visited spotinjections . com, so I'm pretty sure I know how to do this and again sorry for the topic, I know there has been many posts on this subject b4.

Willy

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    I've used insulin syringes before for delts and quads... I don't recommend them unless you are very lean...
    The B-12 will flow through them with no problem, so it just comes down to if you're lean enough to inject it deep in the muscle with that little tiny syringe....

Thanks for the reply bro.

I'm still fairly lean(seperation of all three heads, visible)..I begun bulking 3 weeks ago. Think I should give it a try? How will I know i get it into the muscle?

Willy

Insulin syringes should be either 1/2" or 5/8" long.... 5/8" is long enough for a delt injection, you could probably get away with using the 1/2", but I wouldn't use it....

I'll go back to my pharmacist and get some larger syringes then. Any suggestions as to what I should exchange them for?

see if he has 28 gauge 5/8"

So 28 gauge 5/8" will be long enough to get into the muscle? I may be wrong but isn't 5/8's only 1/8's larger then 1/2"? If I'm right this doesnt seem like it will make much of a diff...?

You may be fine with just a 1/2" syringe, but most information you'll see about spot injections in delts, tris, etc. call for a 5/8"... As long as you get it in the muscle you're good to go...

Thread Information