Thread: Is This Bs???

brundle is offline Associate Member

Is This Bs???

Stretching In The Middle Of Workout. Not a good idea. DO NOT stretch between the sets or right after work out. Your muscles are build in a way that they extend in a certain pattern during the workout. Stretching during the time when muscles are extended and tight after the set is damaging to the muscle tissues. Have you ever seen a professional athlete stretching between exercises. Doubtful. You will almost always see athletes jumping and moving their arms to keep the muscles warm if the next exercise is not right after the previous one, but you can never see them stretch during the training or between the sets. Do a lot of stretching before the workout, not in the middle or after. You can stretch after workout, but you have to let time pass a little. About 2 hours is enough. So you want to stretch, perfect, excellent, great - Stretch BEFORE or about 2 hours and more after work out.

Mastiff is offline Member
    In my opinion this is BS. I've seen a post where the guy uses the weights he had just been lifting to streach out his muscles. Result: He is very flexible and hasn't had any lifting injuries, vs his workout bro's who have gotten injuries. I think the guy here has seen an unproven theory and has run with it. Also, I've read that streching releases IGF-1, which you want to have in your muscles immediately after lifting. Thats when you get the greatest anabolic effect.

malidfa is offline Member
    IMO there’s no need to stretch in middle of workouts, the only time I stretch is after my workout for about 10 minute very lightly.
    To warm-up I use light weights for the targeted muscles or a general warm-up until I sweat. IMO if u do any type of flexibility exercises (stretching) to warm-up, it’s the easiest way to cause microtrauma or (worse) macrotrauma

Mali.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    i've heard stretching between workouts is good...it actually is supposed to help stimulate muscle recovery and growth....

Jimmy_Bravo is offline Associate Member
    I always stretch between sets.

kizer_soce is offline Retired Moderator
    Extreme stretching all the way......makes a huge difference in my chest especially.....it is ALOT fuller now than before I was doing this. The most opportune time to stretch IMO is right after you are done working a muscle group when it is full of blood.

For you guys that have not seen it yet you should go to animals forum and read a post called cycles for pennies by a bro named doggcrapp. I honestly think it is the most informative thread I have ever seen on a bb'ing board.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    ^go away spammer!

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries
    stop posting your advertisments! This will be erased and you will be banned within a an hour or 2 anyway so it is not worth it!

MarkinHouston is offline Associate Member
    I do some stretching between sets, but not usually...What I have started doing, though, is doing some stretching of the muscles that I'm not actually working out at that time, just as something productive to do between sets. For example, between sets of bench, I might stretch my hams (You have to do a full body warm-up, though, ...don't stretch cold) It looks weird so see someone get off the bench and stretch legs, but I don't really care....

CHAP is offline Anabolic Member
    I have stretched between sets and it really works good for me.

bifda is offline Associate Member
    between every set i stretch lightly for 5-7 seconds, works imo.

CHAP is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bifda View Post
    between every set i stretch lightly for 5-7 seconds, works imo.
    From you and my pic Id tell people to strech. I try to haol for 30 secs

crazy_rocks is offline Senior Member
    a few years ago most workout magazines were saying that stretching between sets temporarily reduces strength. they didnt specify for how long that lasted, probably 30 sec.

all these articles mentioned a certain type of stretching to do before a workout that prevented this from happening as opposed to stretching and holding.

PC650 is offline Senior Member
    ya i always stretch between sets, ive always heard its good for the fascia so your muscle have more room the grow. correct me if im wrong

Thread Information