stinky is offline Associate Member

Question overtraining???

I'm lifting now 5 days/wk

mon. chest-tri's -delt's-stomach
    tues. back-bi's-forearms
    wed. legs-calves-traps-neck
    thurs.chest-tri's-delts-stomach
    fi. back-bi's-forearms

I've been lifting this now for a few months and have went up in strength. all my workouts are atleast 12-15 sets per muscle at 8-12 reps
    I havent juiced yet but am going to soon, was wodering if this routine woud still work or if i should cut down to 1 day a week for each body part... I dont have as much strength on thursdays and fridays as i do mondays and tuesdays. thats why i am questioning this routine..
    >>>>>> Thanks

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    I think you are overtraining forsure man, i use to train just like you, and ya at first you see god results.. no doubt about it!!! However it takes its toll after a while. I would train like this.

Mon. Chest-triceps
    tues. back-bi's
    wed. Legs-calves
    thursday shoulder-traps

if that how you want it. but that will leave you with a three day rest period, and if you are like me. you love beinf at the Gym.

so inother words i would do a 2 days split routin similar to what i wrote but work oit like this. 2 days on 1 day off.

I plan on changing my routin to a 2 day split this week.

anyways bro, if u have anymore questions just ask away

And i would wait on the juice if you have been training for only a few months. You can make great progress naturally for a while, if your training is right and diet is right, and dont forget proper supplementation.

what are your stats. age, height, weight, experiance ..etc.

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    with that many sets and 12 reps you have a routine fit to tone, not to bulk. If you are going to use AS i would suggest cutting down to one body part a week. But experiment to see what works best

20yrs.old 6'3'' 210 been lifting 3 years last year got real serious changed diet 6 meals/day 250 gms. protein put on 20lbs past 6months now nothing much more than maybe 1 or 2 lbs a month if im lucky.

I do more like 6-8 reps on large mucslces and 8-12 on small ones like bi's and tri's calves

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Full Intensity
    with that many sets and 12 reps you have a routine fit to tone, not to bulk. If you are going to use AS i would suggest cutting down to one body part a week. But experiment to see what works best
    totally agree, i been jucing 2 years now, and i been training 6, and i dont even train like that...i do 1 bp a day, and inadvertedly 1 bp a week, chest, tri, back, bi, shoulders, legs, rest...repeat...been working really well for over a year now, gives you proper time to recover and you can focus all your energy on that targeted muscle group, i am much too tired after a chest workout to proceed with biceps or triceps, hence im not giving it all i can...and as far as the workout, you dont need that much bro, not like this means shit but its just a good example, dorian yates used to do 1-4 sets per body part...maximum weight, till failure, looks like it got him pretty far wouldn't you say? nevertheless, we usually do 8-12 sets for large muscle groups (legs, back, chest, shoulders) and 6-10 for smaller (biceps, triceps, abs, calves) with 70-80% of max weight and reps ranging no lower than 4 but no higher than 10...strictly mass/strength phase right now, good luck and i hope this 'essay' gives you a little insight and personal opion...

Thanks Bro.

Totenkopf is offline Associate Member
    I do a Three day on One day off
    I Have to work around my schedual at work. But it works well for me.
    If i feel i need more rest i take another day off and when i go back i pick up where i should have.
    I do
    day 1_Chest/Tris
    day 2-Back/Bis
    day 3-Shoulders/Legs
    day 4-off
    The next month ill switch it up
    Day 1-Chest/Bis
    Day 2-Back/Legs*Only fault in this is back work out suffers a little
    Day 3-Shoulders/tris
    day 4-off
    I throw in Abs and calfs whenever i feel up too it usually 2 times a week

thats a good idea changing that way, ive never seen anyone change muscle combo's ....I'm thinkin about tryin an Eq and Var cycle, or Eq and Winny, I think the Eq and Winny may give me better results, I'm only lookin for solid gains and this is my first time so, im not sure yet... If i make a gain of 15lbs i will be a happy boy! I will be even happier if i can keep most of it....

Totenkopf is offline Associate Member
    I like changing it up i feel it helps with gains and it defintaely help the routine.
    I really Like Anavar (hate the price)

Grant is offline Member
    the chest tricep combo is really hard to pull of unless you do intend on doing chest and coming back for tri later on in the day. I have not seen too many people who can do their chest sets and then get at triceps %100.

Thread Information