Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member

ways to clean receptors?

anyone have any methods to help clean receptors?

i figure lots of water as a start

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Receptor cleaning is an urban legend...Your receptors don't get saturated, they are always regenerating...

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    ive read that every time that u bring ur body temp up by thermogenics ,like ephedrine or etc helps in cleaning ,them .

Originally posted by ironfist
    Receptor cleaning is an urban legend...Your receptors don't get saturated, they are always regenerating...
    I have trouble believing this, so explain to me so I do believe!

my reasons: steroids dont work as well (for me) near the end of a cycle, and i've done slightly longer cycles.

but when you go back on, you blow up once again in size.
    (not because you shrunk after steroid use either)

whats going on then!

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    its called halflife, the steroids sit in the receptor for a given ammount of time, when those receptors are filled no other steroid can bind there, thus your steroid intake becomes less and less effective, ways to combat this? time off, bridging, etc...the halflife has to deal with after a certain time those receptors either grow back or they release the steroid molecule and become open again for business, hope this gives you some insight, take care and good luck

so, I was right? it was the receptors? cool

does that mean if i take a lot of juice, that some will be wasted because i only have so many receptors/????

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    in a sense
    the receptors can only hold so much so thats why they say 600mg per week deca for example is good dose and much more does not increase effectiveness

i've heard about raising body temp to "clean" receptors and also heard from a really respected mod from somewhere else that high reps post cycle clears receptors quicker

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    This is a much more complicated issue then people seem to understand. First off you don't have very many AR sites and they become saturated on low doses. There is pretty good evidence that upregulation occurs when androgens are introduced which isn't exactly what you are asking but very important to the discussion. Rather than go into a 25 page explanation of this process I am just going to do a quick run through. Ironfist is right that AR sites are always regenerating but wrong in saying they don't become saturated. DJ is right that the halflife of an occupied receptor determines how long before the receptor is destroyed or freed but is wrong in assuming this makes an androgen less effective. AAS work by several different mechanisms since the majority of the time receptors are occupied and we all know that large doses over long periods of time still yield better results for overall muscle growth although it may not appear so by the short term growth you get on a new cycle. Just a quick overview. Once an Androgen molecule is bound to an AR (making that AR become active) then the AR must form a dimer with another active AR. Then the dimer attaches to certain parts of the DNA causing certain genes to produce mRNA. Proteins like Myosin are produced from particular genes helping with muscle growth. There seems to be an assumption that one dimer ultimately causes one protein and then the Dimer (or combined active AR's) are rendered useless until the steroid molecule becomes unattached. This is not the case several proteins can be formed continuously while the dimer is active or none can be. The real question isn't whether you want to clean your receptors but how can you make them stay active and effective longer. Something like ARA70 ( a protein which can improve the activity of an AR by up to ten times) or possibly an orphan receptor might one day be used to help with this process but I know of no ongoing research at this time. Increasing the metabolism can cause quicker AR turnover supposedly but won't cause upregulation. I do believe (and this is a personal theory unsubstantiated so take it with a grain of salt) that "fresh" receptors may cause a quick upregulation in AR that then levels off but ultimately the reason you stop gaining is that you keep getting farther from your set point and closer to your genetic potential. It is 4:30 in the morning so if I have anything wrong or off please feel free to correct it.

great post rickson, but how can those receptors not become ultimately less effective if they are either gone or occupied? kinda confused here...

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    wow rickson

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Well I really didn't spell that out to well DJ. Theoretically you are right in the fact that if all the androgens had a free receptor site to fill but not so many that finding a matching one to form a dimer was an issue then growth would be incredible. The truth is however that very low levels of AAS fill the small amounts of AR we have and yet there is still a noticeable difference between someone doing 400 mg of test (for example) and someone doing 1000mg. Since both are enough to more than fill available receptors why the increase in growth? Unfortunately their are no concrete answers but best guesses by most include Enhanced Protein Synthesis (obvious and direct result of AR activation), Enhanced Growth Factor Acivity ( this can depend on AAS), Enhanced Activation of Myogenic stem cells (Satellite cells), Enhanced Myonuclear number (to maintain nuclear to cytoplasmic ratio), and new myofiber formation. Not all these can be explained simply by AR activation and other mechanisms such as almost instantaneous Nerve Tissue response have to be completely seperate of AR activation. So to answer your question in two parts having filled receptors maybe a good thing when helping other mechanisms to get involved causing the androgen to be more effective and an activated dimer may continue to cause an increase in mRNA during its whole life (of course their is no guarantee it will). Thus androgens may in reality be more effective when Sites are filled and occupied.

still growin is offline Member
    Hmmmm, had to read that twice but very informative as always rickson.

haha, thanks bro, excellent post...

wow, what a response! thanks!

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by still growin
    Hmmmm, had to read that twice but very informative as always rickson.
    same here .. great post Rickson.

Tank21 is offline Associate Member
    Jesus, give that guy a doctorate. Great post, the "cleaning" and "regeneration" of recepter sites was something i was wondering about.

One more question that i was wondering, do different steroids have thier different respective recepter sites? eg. Deca compared to Test?

Thread Information