SLUMPBUSTR is offline Associate Member

insulin and receptors

sup everyone. i was wondering if insulin affects your receptors the same way test does or if it is completly different. i was just curious if you can keep running slin after your cycle or if you can take during your off time when your letting your receptors rest. peace

nj_
    nj_ is offline Senior Member
    From what I've heard, slin should be cycled no longer than 3 weeks at a time. Bump for more opinions as I don't have much experience with slin.

Mastiff is offline Member
    I don't think they are the same receptors, so you can take slin while you are letting the AAS receptors rest. You can run slin for more than 3 weeks. Most people worry about becoming diabetic from using slin too long. However, using slin can actually prevent you from becoming diabetic. From a thread at cuttingedgemuscle:

Now,my question is;would using exo-insulin sort of "spare" my own pancreas from working too hard?Helping to clear the glucose without being strained too much.I mean,refined carbs is bad for your insulin sensitivity and is said to be a reason for the type 2 diabetes seen in the west.

Dave Palumbo also had a theory of using insulin with GH to "spare" your pancreas due to the GH induced insulin resistance and actually lessening the chance of type 2 diabetes.

Any thoughts?

Reply by Nandi.

The chronic hyperglycemia of type 2 diabetes is directly toxic to pancreatic beta cells. People aren't sure of the exact mechanism but oxidative stress is thought to be a key factor. High levels of free fatty acids are also beta cell toxic but only in the presence of high glucose levels. So hyperglycemia gets to the beta cells both directly and indirectly. This hyperglycemia eventually leads to beta cell destruction and the need to go on insulin. If you can reduce the hyperglycemia with oral antidiabetic agents and exogenous insulin you can slow the progression of the beta cell destruction. Doctors used to wait until beta cell destruction had progressed before prescribing insulin, but now they are starting to administer it early on in the disease.

I am presently using slin with GH, I'm on a 6 month cycle. I intend to be using the slin ED during this cycle. JMO.

McBain is offline Member
    Generally most people recommend no more than 4-6 weeks on slin at a time. Usually only post workout. However once you become experienced with slin it seems like you can get away with a lot more than that. Slin is not something to take lightly though so if you do take it do lots of research and start off conservatively, it could save your life.

so it would be cool to do 4wks on 4 off and so on and not worry about how long its been since my last cycle?

RE: so it would be cool to do 4wks on 4 off and so on and not worry about how long its been since my last cycle?

Yeah, but KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING! Used responsibly and intelligently, it is safe. Screw up or not know what you are doing, and you could wake up dead, like the New Orleans bro that died at the end of August. Do lots of research, and when you think you know it all, do more. The big deal is "Treat it with respect", kind of like a gun. They both can kill you.

ive done slin before so im not worried about that as much as i am fucking up my receptors. i just finished my cycle about 3 weeks ago and wanted to get back on the slin if doesnt affect the same receptors as test. someone has to know for sure if it does or not. anyways let me know. thanx

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    just be careful everyone, its a powerful steroid and you shouldn't base your decision on a few articles, do some more research, you are definately playing with something dangerous...

Spacer2002 is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by djdjdjddjon
    just be careful everyone, its a powerful steroid and you shouldn't base your decision on a few articles, do some more research, you are definately playing with something dangerous...
    Yes, I have heard from a close friend of mine who is a trainer who said some people have died from it right there at the gym

Some things are just meant to be left alone.

They are definitely different receptors. Insulin is not a steroid at all, it doesn't affect the steroid receptors. It is just highly anabolic .

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    well hormone, u know what i meant. :P

nj_
    nj_ is offline Senior Member
    Insulin isn't a steroid , it's a hormone. Be careful with it, ENOUGH people I have talked with have had serious scares when using slin. Take extreme care if you're gonna use it bro.

Thread Information